• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

To be honest for a while I thought they were straight up getting rid of the resistance debuffs.

I think that's what most of us were expecting to happen. Then they proved everyone wrong. And then wrong some more for good measure.

I really want them to go back and point at the Live Letter and explain how they're still accomplishing the goals they outlined there with some of these changes. I feel like we're facing that they made the problem worse in some ways, not better.

MechaX

I laughed my ass off at that Bane nerf. Holy jesus. Akh Morn's damage reduction should be a given, 680 Potency is pretty fucking strong. Can he use it more than once?

I believe that Demi-Bahamut should be able to use Akh Morn twice while he's up. If the Enkindle 10sec decrease after using Ruin 4 also affects Bahamut Enkindle, then get ready to see a lot of giant lasers if RNGesus is on your side (but I doubt that this will be the case)

LordKasual

Banned
I believe that Demi-Bahamut should be able to use Akh Morn twice while he's up. If the Enkindle 10sec decrease after using Ruin 4 also affects Bahamut Enkindle, then get ready to see a lot of giant lasers if RNGesus is on your side (but I doubt that this will be the case)

It absolutely should be

Since the move is actually Akh Morn now, they should have implemented some form of spam capability lol

Ran a Gubal Library Hard Mode which apparently wasn't fast enough for one of the DPSs. I said "gg" and he responded "not really, I've done it faster with my lore farms." -__- Biiiiiiitch

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Well fuck, i just wanted to login and my password didnt work, now im locked out (made a new pass) how long is this lockout for? Thank god for 2pass.

Have they ever talked about alternate methods to levelling alts, beyond increasing the armoury bonus and probably new parts of POTD etc? I never thought I'd be wanting FATEs to come back into fashion, or for some more dynamic methods...it's probably been discussed but it feels pretty limited and therefore incredibly repetitiveafter a time.

I also need to start making Gil. I'm so poor. Gonna need it soon...

rubius01

Well fuck, i just wanted to login and my password didnt work, now im locked out (made a new pass) how long is this lockout for? Thank god for 2pass.

20 minutes?

Yeah..... I'm calling those SAM potencies fake news. No way you can pull out a stronger LB1 ubder rhe right circumstances

Squishy3

It absolutely should be

Since the move is actually Akh Morn now, they should have implemented some form of spam capability lol
It would be less potency than Death Flare if it could be spammed probably, and if that's the case what would be the point of it being Akh Morn?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
From Layla Bell's interview with Yoshida (via Mogtalk):

The 4.1 so-called Super Savage fight is basically confirmed to be happening and
- It will not reward higher tier loot
- It will reward some kind of bragging rights incentive, maybe something more than just a title
- It is just one fight
- It is not necessarily an Omega fight
- It is designed by SCOB Savage battle planner
- It is designed to be as difficult as SCOB Savage at the time of its release

Get yer pogchamps ready Bahamut Prime Savage may be happening

- It will reward some kind of bragging rights incentive, maybe something more than just a title
- It is just one fight

Also said it'll be tuned torwards max ilvl gear

Omnicent

- It is just one fight

OZMA Super Savage. I want my FF9 superboss cheese where you don't have shadow absorbing gear to save you.
Let me dream please!

Also Emerald Weapon would be cool. You have materia melded? Air Tam going to fuck you all up (I just realized an emerald weapon fight in this game would be interesting if done right)!
Ok, enough fantasy, off to theory craft more samurai rotations.

iammeiam

- It is just one fight

Oh Christ please let it reuse assets. This sounds potentially awesome, I just need them to not overinvest resources in it and then go "NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE DID IT TIME FOR VERMINION 2.0"

Guess Who

Banned
they should still just do three raid tier difficulties

story, "extreme" (say, creator difficulty) and "savage" (say, gordias difficulty)

then everyone's happy, except people who bitch because savage doesn't give better loot than extreme or something

Omnicent

anyone find a use for Hakagure for SAM? I'm really trying to fit it in somewhere and its like jamming a circle into a triangle shaped hole.
There must be something obvious or is it another Starry Eyes?
Maybe after a fight to fill up kenki/start with a clean opner (meditate + Hakagure means you could start with 100 kenki) sense you would need to apply Yukikaze/Shifu/Jinpu anyway.

LordKasual

Banned
they should still just do three raid tier difficulties

story, "extreme" (say, creator difficulty) and "savage" (say, gordias difficulty)

then everyone's happy, except people who bitch because savage doesn't give better loot than extreme or something

I'd be one of those people

why even have a savage raid if it doesn't reward you for being good

Foxxsoxx

yikes changed pass and it still says wrong password.... what the hell is going on?

Might have to contact customer support if it continues. My password stopped working a few months back and a password switch wouldn't solve it.

That's worst case scenario though.

Anyway, Samurai looks fun as hell to play and Bards look like they're going to be amazing as well. Shame they kept quick notch over Wide Volley. Not only did I find Volley more useful, but it looked cool as hell. Good riddance on removing flaming arrow, disliked that ability since it was a pain to use on controller.

anyone find a use for Hakagure for SAM? I'm really trying to fit it in somewhere and its like jamming a circle into a triangle shaped hole.
There must be something obvious or is it another Starry Eyes?
Maybe after a fight to fill up kenki/start with a clean opner (meditate + Hakagure means you could start with 100 kenki) sense you would need to apply Yukikaze/Shifu/Jinpu anyway.

You can't use Meditate outisde of battle, so I guess Hagakure is mean to fill kenki between fights or if you are really starving for kenki midfight.

iammeiam

For fun?

Seriously at this point I'm terrified of them putting anything too good in Super Savage because this is not a playerbase that is super warm and fuzzy to the idea of challenge-locked content. Whatever it is, make it silly and trivial. Although, to be fair, a decent chunk of the community has perpetual salt towards the whole concept of enjoying the struggle so fuck if I know what they could do that wouldn't catch hate.

unknown.png

pretty much sums up Omega savage prog.

Omnicent

You can't use Meditate outisde of battle, so I guess Hagakure is mean to fill kenki between fights or if you are really starving for kenki midfight.

Yep, if you have 3 sen before a boss fight a SAM could use Hakagure.
You could then have your team wait about 12 seconds while you meditate (10 kenki per tick going by verry merris video).
Of course getting a pug tank to wait 12 seconds.... good luck.

I'm hoping that for most things there will be enough adds to build up 100 kenki before hand (shouldn't be a problem, but you never know).
Just make sure not to wipe.

Also #buffstarryeyes. Its the new 1-ilm punch, but at least that was useful in PvP.

Thorgal

I don't think this was really necessary for less than 3 weeks :/

discussion will be fragmented!

they close threads off once they reach 20.000 posts .

IIRC Going higher then that the Neogaf servers get wonky .

SO either way it IS needed .

Now all we need is a mod to close this one and redirect traffic to the new thread .

Tiduz

Eurogaime
have you tried to remove the password token ?

i had trouble with that no longer syncing up anymore .

can i even remove that if i cant login to mogstation?

also it already says my password is incorrect when i just wanna login, dont even get the authenticator page (thats after you put in pass)

imma try a different browser or something :(

also didnt work. contacted support. goddamn this is annoying :(

royox

Swtor had this, a "Nightmare" mode that was way harder than the "Hard Mode" and dropped no gear BUUUUT last boss had a 100% chance of dropping a super exclusive mount.

It's like the developer said: "Ok, you geared up and you beat my content, now, try beating a harder mode but with the same gear using only your own playing skills and I will reward you with something very exclusive".

It was fun as fuck, gave us a reason to play NOT for the gear but for the challenge, forced us to get even better as we couldn't be better geared, and we had some exclusive rewards in the end. And, of course, e-peenis. Laught but that's important on MMO's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom