• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Haven't you heard, Kagari? It's monster hunting season! ;_;

Yayyyyyyyy

Speaking of, hope they're not bad tonight. Would love to get my final sands ready.

Q49: During the 15th Letter from the Producer LIVE, you mentioned that you were intrigued with the game “Evolve” at E3. Are there any plans to implement something similar to this game style (4 vs. 1)?

A49: Since the game style consists of 4 players going against a monster controlled by another player, we would have to consider various aspects such as creating a new interface. We might look into the idea further once we start implementing updates after 3.0.

This would be awesome. I want to be Gilgamesh against a Light Party.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well... this was a disappointment. I was hoping to hear about Hunts, their thoughts and possible adjustments. It has affected almost everything in the game right now. It's overshadowed much of the newer content in the game and has made leveling new DoW/M classes (which I was personally hoping to do) very tough via dungeons because fewer and fewer people queue up for them at all anymore.

I may as well concentrate on my gathering/crafting classes right now because progress on other classes has proven to be very disappointing. Or just give up and Hunt and wait for 2.4 when the Rogue/Ninja zerg hits to level up some more classes.

I don't mind the return of the Event FATEs. Many players missed out on those. But nothing new? No hint? Really? Pretty lame. =/

I have one day left on my time card. I think I'll take a step back and think about some things.

ZiZ

Highlights:
wQIMO7t.jpg

Gold Saucer:
G0VjVuP.jpg

1AeV9Zj.jpg

9H4c30W.jpg

Hasney

Q52: I would like to place an armoire and the Unending Journey inside my personal room. Are there any plans in the future?

A52: We are planning to make this possible in patch 2.4.

Q53: Will you be implementing furnishings that will let us store equipment or racks that we can decorate with equipment for private chambers?

A53: Currently we are not thinking about introducing racks that you can decorate with equipment. We understand the requests for increasing the space of Company Chests, but if we were to give too much memory space to private chambers, it would become difficult to increase the availability of land. So, to start off we would first like to add more land and we will be looking into this carefully.

Shame about 53 but I understand. Roll on 2.4 for the other part though.

Q54: The magicked stable brooms are too costly at the moment. Can you make it so that we are able to clean the stable with the "magic broom" minion?

A54: We sincerely apologize for the cost of the magicked stable broom as it was much higher than what we expected. We will be adjusting the recipe of the magicked stable broom so that they can be created at a cheaper cost. Additionally, we are considering selling them in NPC shops so that players do not sell them higher than that price.

There's the broom one I heard earlier.

Q55: The vegetables for chocobo raising can only be obtained through gardening, but do you have any plans to make adjustments so that there are more ways to obtain them in the future?

A55: Currently we do not have any plans. We will make adjustments as we keep an eye on the balance between the value of gardening fields and chocobo raising difficulty.

While true, I hope they make another way in the future. Maybe a CUL recipe or something. I'm sure than can cook something chocos will like!

Riposte

If they brought back Ballista, I would definitely give PvP a shot. I want weird, entirely unique rules, not FPS fodder.

iammeiam

So no hunt nerf this week maybe? I tried them out last weekend and think I'll stick to one day a week of actively hunting, since actively contributing via scouting takes away my precious rerunning HM primals time. There's an aspect to it that can be fun, but can also be utterly frustrating. I feel bad for everyone that actually wants to kill Naul at this point.

DQX, FFXI, and Lightning events to be replayed for the 1 year anniversary

Good news for me, 'cause I missed all of them. I want Sera's bow and that Shantotto minion thing. I started seriously playing on the last day of the Easter event, so I have a grand total of no event swag.

Hasney

If they brought back Ballista, I would definitely give PvP a shot. I want weird, entirely unique rules, not FPS fodder.

The current frontlines is pretty good. Occupy space, sure, that's FPS fodder, but the PVE in the centre is the most fun and what you get the most points for, so it's a balancing act when you're up there of killing opponents and killing the spawns.

So no hunt nerf this week maybe? I tried them out last weekend and think I'll stick to one day a week of actively hunting, since actively contributing via scouting takes away my precious rerunning HM primals time. There's an aspect to it that can be fun, but can also be utterly frustrating. I feel bad for everyone that actually wants to kill Naul at this point.

Good news for me, 'cause I missed all of them. I want Sera's bow and that Shantotto minion thing. I started seriously playing on the last day of the Easter event, so I have a grand total of no event swag.

Same here, but I agree that there should be new ones as well for the veterans unless they have something else planned at some point, which they didn't even hint at.

Isaccard

Acknowledgement of the loot table in dungeons is all I could ask for.

Not sure what most people were expecting beyond them addressing concerns about the current patch.

iammeiam

Same here, but I agree that there should be new ones as well for the veterans unless they have something else planned at some point, which they didn't even hint at.

Oh they should definitely be doing new stuff too, since going from April to September (that's when we expect the summer event right?) with nothing new is disappointing, I'm just selfishly happy.

Does SE have any upcoming games they could advertise via event? Maybe they'll do one for Type 0 HD.

Jayhawk

Q31: Komoto, what are you in charge of?

A31: I'm more in charge of overseeing everything instead of being in charge of something specific. Also, I'm in charge of leading the daily meetings where we go over topics that were brought up via GM calls and posts on the forums and discussing how we can address the matter in an upcoming patch. Other than that, I oversee the economy of each World. If I notice any strange movement in the economy, I look into the cause and consider how I can address the matter.

Gizu, you're being watched.

studyguy

Thank god.
My static is finally back this week after a 2 week hiatus of coil.
I now know the terrors of trying to PF Coil and I never want to try that again.

Also got like 3 bloody log book drops this weekend.
Excal TS is just rolling in seals.

Chille

would also be good to replace bard's dumb limit break

Being Chille Senju I should be more excited about this Ninja class, but I will wait a month till everyone has killed it with hype then I shall try it out

and Yes it would, though to be fair bard is designed to be a support class so would be nice if they ever did change it to make it a buff move not offensive LB

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kind of disappointed the seals are on the GCD, it'll feel pretty slow going through them one after another.

Wilsongt

Seeing a it's almost certain 2.6 is the last patch (Coil ends at 2.6) that would mean:

2.4: October
2.5: January
2.6: April
Expansion: Summer 2015.

Coil ends in 2.4, not 2.6. CT ends in 2.5.

Edit: Nice to know that they still want to use Forbidden Land Eureka.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Yesterday I took the chance with the free-login and logged again after so long. Last time was I think January just before LR: FFXIII release. My god at PS4 version, soooooooooooo much better than PS3. It really looks cool and play smooth, impressed!

Hasney

is anyone on right now? would like an invite to the FC.

name is Tideas angelus

Have you done all the registration thing on Guildworks as in the OP? If so, easiest way is to find someone with GAF next to their name. Find them in Mor or Lot 1 of Mist more than likely. All this assuming Ultros.

zewone

I think I'm done playing this game.

Do I have to do anything at Mog Station to save my character, or do I just wait for my sub to run out?

Have you done all the registration thing on Guildworks as in the OP? If so, easiest way is to find someone with GAF next to their name. Find them in Mor or Lot 1 of Mist more than likely. All this assuming Ultros.

yah i did it on guildworks. hmm, i'm in uldan right now. and yeah i'm on ultros.

is there no other way than seeing a person right in front of you?

oktarb

Sadly I started on Exodus, I'd transfer over to Ult but refuse to pay server transfer fee's. Best of adventuring guys!

Cmagus

Some mini aetheryte crystals at some of the field camps could help with the hunt issue. Some of these areas are so big that there really shouldn't be any reason why they shouldn't have them. Having only one crystal in Coerthas is a bit ridiculous and there is no reason why there shouldn't be one in places like Lower Limsa or Sylphlands.

Wilsongt

Some mini aetheryte crystals at some of the field camps could help with the hunt issue. Some of these areas are so big that there really shouldn't be any reason why they shouldn't have them. Having only one crystal in Coerthas is a bit ridiculous and there is no reason why there shouldn't be one in places like Lower Limsa or Sylphlands.

La Noscea?

I suppose mini-aetherites would help, except you still run into the problem of an area actually loading in at a relatively decent speed. Especially when you have 200+ people zerging onto the scene of an A rank.

Cmagus

La Noscea?

I suppose mini-aetherites would help, except you still run into the problem of an area actually loading in at a relatively decent speed. Especially when you have 200+ people zerging onto the scene of an A rank.

Sorry I mean't La Noscea. It just seems a bit dumb that Moraby Drydocks is the only crystal when the whole top half has no real good way to get there without going through loading screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom