• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV ad on Gamestop lists PC release

varkuriru

Something tells me Tabata doesn't want to do a direct port release for PC yet because he wants to utilize the most modern tech and make it some sort of "Definitive" "Deluxe" edition.

I get that sense too. And to get people to double dip as well. Probably not just Tabata involved in those decisions.

After playing the PS4 demo last night I will wait for the PC version even if it releases when I am holding a cane with grandchildren. What a hot mess is that demo. The frame rate is so awful it felt I was playing in slow motion

StereoVsn

If they stagger the release they run the risk of the game being mediocre and no one giving a fuck a few months down the road. I think they'd be better served going after day 1 sales given that the possibility of this thing being middling seems quite high at this point given the demo impression and how easy it is to fuck up realtime combat compared to turn based,
Yeah, considering that piracy is mostly out of the picture with Denuvo (for now) they better be sure of the game, otherwise they risk 1mil+ sales. Considering Demos released so far I am thinking the game itself is going to be middling but this is SE logic so they are thinking GTA next gen sales probably.

farisr

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a ps4k/xbo.5 patch (if those systems are happening) which provides a decent enough upgrade to get the people who are waiting for the pc version (due to performance/fidelity on ps4/xbo currently) to buy the game early instead. And then a few months later announce & release on the pc with even better tech implemented to get those same people to double dip.

Top Bottom