• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV ad on Gamestop lists PC release

This is what I have been saying since the start and what the banned site interview confirmed long ago.

The game won't be out same day and date, just within 6 months of launch atleast. I have no idea why people expected same day release as consoles. Luminous engine is a mess.

BTW piracy is no longer a reason for devs. Windows 10 hasn't been cracked yet and then we have Denuva on Steam. So yeh, the reason of delay has everything to do with consoles being the main focus followed by a PC port outsourced to a dev once the game goes gold.

Trago

There's no chance in hell I double dip.

I'll wait for the PC version. If I can wait ten years for this game, then a port is nothing.

wazoo

BTW piracy is no longer a reason for devs. Windows 10 hasn't been cracked yet and then we have Denuva on Steam. So yeh, the reason of delay has everything to do with consoles being the main focus followed by a PC port outsourced to a dev once the game goes gold.

And the PC version will probably be much better, a good reason to sell it twice.

This is what I have been saying since the start and what the banned site interview confirmed long ago.

The game won't be out same day and date, just within 6 months of launch atleast. I have no idea why people expected same day release as consoles. Luminous engine is a mess.

This is just the usual Tabata PR talk. You just said it yourself, a PC port outsourced to a dev. They could do it at the same time, it's not like Luminous is already ready for PC. Optimization my eye, if it's getting an XB1 release, nothing prevent a PC version from a technical standpoint.

The reason here is only a marketing one. And one which doesn't even make sense.

There's no chance in hell I double dip.

I'll wait for the PC version. If I can wait ten years for this game, then a port is nothing.
I'll probably wait as well. Given the visuals and performance in the PS4 version, it's just not the way I want to play this game.

Did I miss something? How does this confirm a PC version from a 3rd party site putting the pc logo in with the xbox and Playstation and nonetheless gamestop lol.

This is just the usual Tabata PR talk. You just said it yourself, a PC port outsourced to a dev. They could do it at the same time, it's not like Luminous is already ready for PC. Optimization my eye, if it's getting an XB1 release, nothing prevent a PC version from a technical standpoint.

The reason here is only a marketing one. And one which doesn't even make sense.
Did you follow the development of the game? They are making so many changes lol. They changed the combat and UI many times. I think they were done and in beta phase a while ago but maybe there is still some tinkering left. Not to mention the Luminious Engine is still in development, lol.

My point is that there was no way that they could have sent their code to a dev and dealt with the extra headache of coordinating with them each time something changed mid-development.

Once the game code goes gold, I expect them to outsource that to a developer and then depending on how long it takes them to optimize it for PC hardware and the budget that they have for it, this might get released after consoles.

Caj814

I would rather wait for a inhouse "decent" port then for them to outsource it to meet a launch for 3 platforms

They're gonna outsource it anyways and we'll have the Durante signal warmed up

Adaren

I'm afraid that the port is gonna suck. But the console frame rate doesn't look to be setting a high bar, so I'll wait for this version.

bathsalts

If they stagger the release they run the risk of the game being mediocre and no one giving a fuck a few months down the road. I think they'd be better served going after day 1 sales given that the possibility of this thing being middling seems quite high at this point given the demo impression and how easy it is to fuck up realtime combat compared to turn based,

Did you follow the development of the game? They are making so many changes lol. They changed the combat and UI many times. I think they were done and in beta phase a while ago but maybe there is still some tinkering left. Not to mention the Luminious Engine is still in development, lol.

My point is that there was no way that they could have sent their code to a dev and dealt with the extra headache of coordinating with them each time something changed mid-development.

Once the game code goes gold, I expect them to outsource that to a developer and then depending on how long it takes them to optimize it for PC hardware and the budget that they have for it, this might get released after consoles.

I've been following it since 10 years ago :")
I know where they've been throught. The UI changes, the idea changes, scenario changes, the engine being developped at the same time as the game..

But let's not kid ourself. This is mainly a marketinf reason here. If you looked at Luminous videos, they have built in 3 compilation module: Win, PS4, XB1.

The remaining optimizations would be a 3 man work for 2 months: UI, inputs, and code sent to the GPU manufacturers for driver optimizations.

Just give it to Nixxes once the console versions go gold tbh.
My bet is on Hexadrive because of Type-0 HD port.

I've been following it since 10 years ago :")
I know where they've been throught. The UI changes, the idea changes, scenario changes, the engine being developped at the same time as the game..

But let's not kid ourself. This is mainly a marketinf reason here. If you looked at Luminous videos, they have built in 3 compilation module: Win, PS4, XB1.

The remaining optimizations would be a 3 man work for 2 months: UI, inputs, and code sent to the GPU manufacturers for driver optimizations.
There is a lot more to do then simply compiling the builds though.

varkuriru

Vastly different situations. At that point, Square was just realizing there was a market on PC. Recently, Square has been setting a precedent of releasing games with shorter and shorter console lead times.

Hmm, agreed. My usual gut reaction is to expect the worst but this should come out sooner.

this is a shock, a shock that the platform that has more final fantasies on it than either the PS4 or XB1 would get the latest FF eventually.

Someone hold me, this revelation has shook me to my core

Mifec

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be like Kagari said, some time after release to get double dippers, but not too long for it to not matter anymore.

Can't wait for all the nude mods of Noctis and his crew!!!

This is the type of mod I want

Well, here it is

2914724-ff4.jpg

tumblr_nsddk27rXA1qdqlkxo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsddk27rXA1qdqlkxo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsddk27rXA1qdqlkxo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsddk27rXA1qdqlkxo4_1280.jpg

Cid Bonus *lol*

tumblr_nsddk27rXA1qdqlkxo5_1280.jpg

Source

Gender bender me if old

I will wait for this version that will OBLITERATE the console version. 60FPS with a bunch of extra settings turned up. This game will look incredible on PC.

Doubt it's coming Sep 30th, but I definitely see it coming about 6 months afterwards similar to Type 0 and it's release.

Side note, people keep talking about a PS4K version of the game. Wouldn't the PS4K version simply be the same ps4 disc with a patch for it to run better on the PS4K? The last I heard, it didn't look like there was going to be anything exclusive for the PS4K(
Just runs a lot better
)

Boss Mog

The fact that the Platinum Demo has the Nvidia Gameworks logo should've been proof enough, not to mention the fact it was played with a Logitech PC controller during the on-stage demo at last night's event.

BriGuy

Considering pretty much every Final Fantasy under the sun is on the PC at this point, this would be like the most unsurprising announcement ever. And after playing the first two demos on PS4, if I ever do decide to get FFXV (and that's a big ass if), I'm sure as shit getting the PC version.

SE needs to stop with this secret stuff, lets be real of course its coming to PC, problem is nobody will give a fuck if its far away from console release, and then they will blame PC users dont buy their games. Just look at mgsv, konami was the only smart jap publisher.

wildfire

Banned
Boss★Moogle;199808456 said:
The fact that the Platinum Demo has the Nvidia Gameworks logo should've been proof enough, not to mention the fact it was played with a Logitech PC controller during the on-stage demo at last night's event.

So the plot thickens. My wish is coming true.

I guess I'll get an 80 series gpu.

Boss★Moogle;199808456 said:

Not Gameworks, but PhysX, which is entirely different.

Whompa02

Something tells me Tabata doesn't want to do a direct port release for PC yet because he wants to utilize the most modern tech and make it some sort of "Definitive" "Deluxe" edition.

Square Enix has been bleeding so much money they'll avoid steam for their own store as long as possible. They need life time sales of 10 million.

Not, it's just the generic logo for downloadable titles. Namco does the same too. Heck, SE did it for Tomb Raider.

Top Bottom