• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV ad on Gamestop lists PC release

Which is funny, considering that they played the demo during the event using that Logitech controller hooked up to on a PC. It had loads of screen tearing the PS4 doesn't have tho.

Either that, or they did it to be platform agnostic. I know for a fact that the PS3 supported a certain logictech controller (Logitech Dual Action, I believe) that I used to play Folklore one time back around 09/10. Maybe the PS4 supports dinput controllers, too?
Running it on their own PC in a controlled environment is a lot easier than having to support all the different configurations out there.

Ludens

Banned
So, I have a PS4. I don't own a single game for it, but there was a good offer from Amazon Warehouse (125€ used) and I take it with my brother, mostly because I have some games I want to play (The Last guardian and Uncharted 4).
I'm VERY interested to FFXV, since I'm a long time player of the franchise, I started with VII when I was a kind and I played all chapters, but I stopped caring after XIII (I played XIII Trilogy recently on PC but just for completion's sake).
Short answer: I'm VERY tempted to take this on PS4, since I can. But I don't want, because performances seem really bad, honestly. Even SE itself admitted they are aiming for 30 fps, and this is not a good thing. I'm not an uber-graphics fan who needs to run all games maxes out with 60 fps, I'm only saying since a superior version actually exists (or it seems so, see how many leaks involving Steam we had), I'd take the best version I can. I would take the game right now if a PC version was on the Steam store, but now I'll probably wait. I don't want burn money, I just hope SE will clarify this before the release. I don't like this practice, anyway, SE is always focused on double dippers, if a PC version exists announce it, even if it's one year later, it would be honest at least.

Hektor

STOP. PLAYING. WITH MY FEELINGS

This FFXV PC situation is such an emotional back and forth.

I'm right now in the process of preordering the PS4 Deluxe Edition on the SE store. Fuckin hell, now i don't know wether to pull the trigger or not.

Whyyy

Thoraxes

All they gotta do is announce a date for it before September 30th, and i'll cancel my PS4 pre-order instantly.

It's gonna be nice to play this at the best quality possible, especially given how rough around the edges it still looks like on consoles at this point in time (could change a little, who knows).

Anyone who falls for the GTAV Theory at this point is we should redefine Useful Idiot to at this point.

Double-Dips only encourage them, people!

Shoutout to Namco for having a doctrine of simultaneous PC and Console releases instead of pulling a PC version out of their hat after the UI's bought-in assuming there wouldn't be a PC version despite the exact same thing happening last time

Its not just about fooling people its probably about picking up extra sales from those pc players who can't wait. I mean this is a final fantasy game and its built up a good chunk of hype.

kneePat

PhysX is physics engine and many games are using it. And yes PhysX works on consoles.

My point was that not many console exclusive games use PhysX. I know it has been used on consoles in the past, but there are very few instances where it was used on a game that wasn't also released on PC. Which is the point of this thread. Its just another telling sign.

It's a double-edged sword, really.

I understand the double-dipping formula, but if they release PC version too late, people will be already lost their interest because they've already played or seen the game. The longer they wait, the less chance the game will be able to sell at full price as well. Even more so if the game somehow gets bad reviews from both players and critics side. I'm guessing that they'll pull another DQ Heroes, which was released 2 months later after console. That way, they can still sell the game at full price while the game is still kinda hot.

AlanOC91

I hope this won't be a GTAV situation where it releases ages after the console version.

I feel like I waited 10 years for GTAV to release on PC after the consoles.

I prefer my gaming on PC and would hold out if it's coming to PC but I need something more concrete. Having said that,I'd probably jump at a console CE version

d00d3n

Good that this leaked. I had no qualms about spending 220 € on the abusive Dark Souls 3 staggered release (PS4, Xbone, PC), but for a Final Fantasy game? NOPE.

Macrotus

After experiencing the FFXV Platinum Demo and almost getting motion sickness from the initial forest area because of the frame rate,
I was hoping for a PC version to be released.

I'm almost sure that the PC version will not be released simultaneously as the console version,
so I guess I'll first buy it on PS4, hoping that the frame rate issue will be fixed in the retail version,
then buy the PC version afterwards too, if the game itself is very good.

The only thing I'm worried about regarding the PC version is a shitty port.

Ce2h51LUMAI_FPT.jpg:large

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/4co7tr/remember_that_laughably_fake_leak_post_from_a/

lol

Caayn

All these PC rumors are making me wanting to wait for the PV release more and more. I waited this long, might as well wait a bit longer for the PC version, instead of day 1 XB1 or PS4 version.

Mmhhh, decisions, decisions.

Weasley

Took a while before I noticed the siteskin (and thus the PC logo). Guess I'm mentally blocking the most common advertising placements.

But a PC release would probably be months after the console release, right?

Of course it's happening. It's the same bullshit we had with Type-0 HD. Considering it, looking at options. Translate to : "We.re waiting after consoles for reasons"

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Sales on PC will probably end up worse than xb1 sales thanks to that so I guess they only have themselves to blame when it sells like shit on PC.

StereoVsn

Sales on PC will probably end up worse than xb1 sales thanks to that so I guess they only have themselves to blame when it sells like shit on PC.
If they manage to release this on PC in say November time frame, it would sell pretty great. This is unlikely though considering the above Engadget quote.

patapuf

If the port takes a while they might just want to avoid any backlash from people complaining they have to wait.

Or they really just want to treat it as an "upgraded" version and attract double dippers.

Zomba13

If the port takes a while they might just want to avoid any backlash from people complaining they have to wait.

Or they really just want to treat it as an "upgraded" version and attract double dippers.

Launch it at the same time as the PS4K and do a second marketing push for the "Enhanced Edition" where they release the PC version and a patch for the PS4 version that improves it on the PS4K and have it be one of the big showcases for the power of the PS4K and how you need to buy it because if you don't enjoy your shitty framerates on every game from now on you useless fucks.

Ludens

Banned

Well, not that SE cares for it. Lightning Returns on PC was announced for spring and we got it in December.
FFIX was "Early 2016", with a dude from SE saying it should release "next month" when in January and we are still waiting for that.
If you say "Yeah, there will be a PC version later, we can't provide an ETA right now but the game is already planned to be released." nobody would argue with that.

The fact they say "Maybe, we need to consider it, we need to valuate pro and cons" etc, it's just a way to sell the console version first. Nothing new for SE honestly, they always adopted this "strategy" for their FF games on PC, and even for other titles like Dragon's Quest, released out of the blue on PC when the console version stopped selling.

CCIE

Banned
It will probably come out for PC the same timeframe as the PS4K and Xbox1.5 do... new and improved or something. It definitely isn't going to be on September 30th unless they are straight lying through their teeth about it

varkuriru

Neat! Given the how long FFXIII triology and type-0 took to come to PC I am tempering expectations. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Bigger question for me is when the OST will release digitally.

Grief.exe

Neat! Given the how long FFXIII triology and type-0 took to come to PC I am tempering expectations. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Bigger question for me is when the OST will release digitally.

Vastly different situations. At that point, Square was just realizing there was a market on PC. Recently, Square has been setting a precedent of releasing games with shorter and shorter console lead times.

UnrealEck

I have a PS4 but I'm not buying it on that. I'm waiting to see if it's on PC.
I've kinda stopped buying games unless they're on PC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And yet Square-Enidos has yet to release a fucking demo for the PC version despite the console versions getting TWO.

I need to know how the performance is, one of these days Square.

Top Bottom