• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV gameplay @ PAX West

Toth

This is kinda giving me flashbacks to abstract crafting garbage system from FF13 and those are flashbacks I can do without.

I'm not seeing the connection. This system flat out tells you what each combination will give you.

Ran rp

Looks like this now.

CqC_SCbUAAAf0m5.jpg:orig

there's duckroll's nipple

Reveirg

I just tried out the chocobo racing demo on Xbox One and the game looks really rough -- and that's coming from someone who's really not that picky about graphics.

PS4 version looks fine though.

Ooccoo

My god that dungeon was fun until that boss. Get that MMORPG crap out of my Final Fantasy.
Level 30+ in this zone? Really?

Otherwise game looks good, but I can never be sure with such demos and the camera was really problematic during the fights. Also, I had a feeling it was more button mashing than actual decision making.

Kazdane

Goblins masking themselves as a samurai enemy:

MzSekO5.gif

Am I imagining things or is the gobling not masking as a samurai, but rather coming from behind in the railway wagon? You can see the cart on the background a split second before it hits the samurai.

Mailbox

I'm really quite glad they showed off the Xbox one newer build on stream now. Despite potato quality stream it seems like a sizable improvement over gamescoms build. It really feels like this delay is gonna be worth it

There are still a few things they are tweaking obviously (they said the ascension grid isn't "final" so i'm expecting some light tweaks to its look or some skills by release) and they need to sort out that weird character teleport stuff before they got into the mine. (also still having some slight pop-in issues like the arches before they enter the mine)

Honestly, after watching the 50min video, I re-calibrated my hype to account for the less than stellar part of the game. the 30min video made me a little more excited due to how much better the IQ was on the newer ps4 build than it was to the gamescom build. This stream pretty much made my hype go up a good ways. It feels like they listened to a lot of critiques and fixed or improved some things in a way that didn't feel contrary to a specific vision they had. I would love to get direct feed video or even some off screen high quality non-stream video of the new build (i assume that's what on the floor). But honestly, my hype is actually going up again.

Amon-Lau

Am I imagining things or is the gobling not masking as a samurai, but rather coming from behind in the railway wagon? You can see the cart on the background a split second before it hits the samurai.

That seems to be the case, I see it too before he goes POOF!

Mailbox

It turned from meadows with a few sandy patches into a sandy steppe with a few grass patches though. I hope that's just on the Xbox One version. :/

What are you talking about?
Do you mean hammerhead? or were you talking about what they were just showing on the stream with weapons and the ascension stuff, because that sure as hell looked like a grassy meadow.

PSY・S;215834146 said:
there's duckroll's nipple

NOOO, they fixed one thing I disliked and added something even sillier ;.; WHY DO YOU HATE ME TABBY

uhhhh... guys? that's always been part of the costume, and its not a nipple...

Crossing Eden posted this gif of how this scene used to look in the locked thread

That's some serious downgrade of something that was shown this very year. Oh well.
PC build.

Zetta

Yeah that is what happened, the cart was coming from behind and the samurai did a jump style ability and dropped on the Noctis.

Crossing Eden posted this gif of how this scene used to look in the locked thread

That's some serious downgrade of something that was shown this very year. Oh well.

Are they trying to compete with BvS for the darkest media ever? Can't see shit when it's all black like that and spinning like hell.

Tyaren

Do you mean hammerhead? or were you talking about what they were just showing on the stream with weapons and the ascension stuff, because that sure as hell looked like a grassy meadow.

Look again. ;) Episode Duscae had way more grass.

Mailbox

Kazdane

Yeah that is what happened, the cart was coming from behind and the samurai did a jump style ability and dropped on the Noctis.

Ah right! That's what I was missing then. I didn't realize the samurai was jumping into the wagon and reverting to its goblin form. I thought the goblin was on the wagon and he took down the samurai. Makes more sense now, thanks!

Yeaaaaah, that grid is definitely going to expand after some point in the game.
Someone in a thread said that it makes sense it looks like this because each party member occupy a different direction, but there's too much empty space for every sphere, it's suspicious.

Royal Ring/Kingsglaive skill tree plz Tabby

I can't believe they still haven't show the royal ring magic yet. =(

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm not seeing the connection. This system flat out tells you what each combination will give you.

Yeah it's the "combine this item to get this abstract effect" that I don't like.
Like, why does a coin give you an exp bonus? What is this, Wunschpunsch?

sappyday

Yeah it's the "combine this item to get this abstract effect" that I don't like.
Like, why does a coin give you an exp bonus? What is this, Wunschpunsch?

It's a lucky coin. Dark Souls does this too except it's increases your luck stat momentary.

Aurizen

I see AP to upgrade the skill tree is shared between everyone... I think thats a bad idea, I hope that changes.

Top Bottom