• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV gameplay @ PAX West

Tyaren

7AZb.png

FFXV looks like a 16 bit game confirmed.

Philippo

I can't believe they still haven't show the royal ring magic yet. =(

That's for the best man!
Unlike the rest, we'be already been spoiled about the manority of gameplay elements. We already know royal magic is in (and i guess it has a whole weapon category by itself), i want to be surprised in the game since it looks like its a big deal!

Ishida

Banned
Damn, this game looks more and more amazing and delicious every new demo they show. My thirst for FFXV only gets stronger!

That's for the best man!
Unlike the rest, we'be already been spoiled about the manority of gameplay elements. We already know royal magic is in (and i guess it has a whole weapon category by itself), i want to be surprised in the game since it looks like its a big deal!

Yeah, you're right. We also don't know how to summon, the way we did in Duscae wasn't final iirc.

The warp decoy skill sounds cool, albeit like something out of Diablo.

Also, I love the breadth of the armory in this - and phantom weapons even have unique warp attacks!

Skulldead

Magic system look really nice and complex, but at same time it look totally unbalanced / broken.... Have you seem the damage magic is doing ?

That skill tree is seriously lacking

That can be said about any skill tree really. Just a visual representation of where to dump skill points.

This one seems no different.

One of the few skill trees I feel like is actually worth its weight is the Sphere Grid because you can manipulate the stats on it. It's way more flexible than the point dump that is the Crystarium.

benzy

They took in the car complaints and made the manual controls / handling more free-form, like it should be. Thanks Tabata.

giphy.gif

Mailbox

Magic system look really nice and complex, but at same time it look totally unbalanced / broken.... Have you seem the damage magic is doing ?

Yeah, but with friendly fire on & only having a short amount of it at a time, it seems balanced enough.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I mean, it should. It's magic, something only we can use. It better be useful. >_>

Turin

Banned
I guess the manual controls are an easier addition than more responsive striking.

The number of people who double dip probably aren't "most people" in anything.

Might be a slightly higher percentage for when VII:R gets a "complete" version though.

KrawlMan

Not trying to port beg, just an honest question, is this hitting PC in the near future?

I'll probably be picking up a Neo, games like this will just help me decide how soon.

benzy

Isn't that just using the button that says u-turn or whatever?

That looks more like performing a 180 in racing games rather than a u-turn, complete with the car not being perfectly lined up parallel to the road once the car comes to a stop. They talked about improving the manual car controls and removing the on-rails restrictions at that part in the video so I think Hazmer pulled that off himself.

Maybe someone who played the old build at Pax or Gamescom can chime in and tell us how the U-turn looks.

Not trying to port beg, just an honest question, is this hitting PC in the near future.

I'll probably be picking up a Neo, games like this will just help me decide how soon.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...ats-ongoing-development-dlc-plans-pc-version/

"JV: You mentioned the possibility of a PC version. Will you release it a few months after the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions? Is it something you want to do at all?

HT: I’m quite positive about the idea of ​​developing a PC version, but I would like to make a very different project if possible. The reason I’m interested is that a PC version would propel the game to another technical level. I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more technically developed. This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles. With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech. That said, if we choose to develop this project, the development will start from scratch by doing research of what would be the best technology to use. It might not be a simple port of the console version."

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Not trying to port beg, just an honest question, is this hitting PC in the near future.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do, they were really aiming for ah igh bar in terms of visuals that just aren't feasible on console hardware and Tabata did mention he wanted to do a PC version with extra bells and whistles.

Am I imagining things or is the gobling not masking as a samurai, but rather coming from behind in the railway wagon? You can see the cart on the background a split second before it hits the samurai.

Watching the video of the stream and it's even better,
the samurai enemy is real and the goblin cart serves as a distraction so it can jump on you from above and knock you from the first floor of the mine to the third.

KrawlMan

Thanks much.

HT: I’m quite positive about the idea of ​​developing a PC version, but I would like to make a very different project if possible. The reason I’m interested is that a PC version would propel the game to another technical level. I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more technically developed. This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles. With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech. That said, if we choose to develop this project, the development will start from scratch by doing research of what would be the best technology to use. It might not be a simple port of the console version."[/I]

Not sure how I feel about this quote. The PC version hes envisioning doesn't sound like it'd come out anytime soon.

I'd be happy with the current game at 60 fps / 1440p on my PC.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
From that quote, it seems like he's saying that the PC version would be a complete revamp to put in the higher end assets they crudely cut out of the game to make it work on PS4 and XB1. It might make a good port for PS5, if they do it.

NEO would probably be somewhere in between the PS4 version and the PC version Tabata's thinking of.

Enthus

Thanks much.

Not sure how I feel about this quote. The PC version hes envisioning doesn't sound like it'd come out anytime soon.

I'd be happy with the current game at 60 fps / 1440p on my PC.

I'd be happy with that too, in the short term. Long term, I'd much rather wait a little bit and have a completely definitive experience.

Top Bottom