• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It was probably just a bunch of bits, pieces and concepts. I don't think he ever had anything concrete.

This is wrong.

Your essentially making up your own viewpoint about nothing actually existing when you have no basis for such an argument.

Kagari already swatted someone for trying to imply there was no vision or game. Don't make the same mistake.

nOoblet16

Somehow I feel like they didn't even think that far considering older Noctis looks nothing like his younger self at all and that has nothing to do with age.
I think he looks pretty similar, It's probably just the hair. Young Noctis' hair hides 70% of his face to see anything.

Old Noctis' head looks pretty big, most likely because the hair isn't covering up his face anymore and the older hair is less fluffier

Athreous

But how? How does he know all of this is happening? For all he knows, the empire just wants to invade and take the crystal. So does he know about Ardyn and his true motives?

Well, I think that from times to times he's able to speak with the Kings of the past, so maybe he already knows what's coming up =/

nOoblet16

This is wrong.

Your essentially making up your own viewpoint about nothing actually existing when you have no basis for such an argument.
Arent you doing the same by claiming otherwise when you say he is wrong as if that's a fact ? Unless you are privy to something that others aren't.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Neither of you know for sure. I'm not clear on why either of you would insinuate it isn't right for the other to theorize, though. <_<;

Ishida

Banned
This is wrong.

Kagari already swatted someone for trying to imply there was no vision or game. Don't make the same mistake.

"Swatted"?

No one actually knows how much of that vision was something concrete. Not you, and certainly not Kagari.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
But how? How does he know all of this is happening? For all he knows, the empire just wants to invade and take the crystal. So does he know about Ardyn and his true motives?

Regis: how many must die before you are satisfied?

?: i have seen many deaths but now I'm only looking forward to one. Only then, i can rest

Regis:you must take responsibility, you know

?: and must we allk

Based off of Kingsglaive and how Regis reacted to Ardyn when he visited, I would say no. He doesn't.
Regis: how many must die before you are satisfied?

?: i have seen many deaths but now I'm only looking forward to one. Only then, i can rest

Regis:you must take responsibility, you know

?: and must we allk
Though now that I think about this trailer it clicks...Bahamut isn't talking about Noctis. He has to be talking about Ardyn. Which I think is what you're getting it. Hadn't clicked for me.

Inuhanyou

Weren't you the one who mentioned Nomura had it all written down in a notebook? Or Nojima had the script done? Cause if so your literally the only person I've ever heard that from

We already know that they had the scenario completed.

If one disregards that and says 'there was nothing but bits and pieces of concepts', even though that is literally incorrect as a claim, why would i not take issue with misinformation?

Listonosh

Well, I think that from times to times he's able to speak with the Kings of the past, so maybe he already knows what's coming up =/

Holy crap! The end of that trailer! Besides the forgive me part, I totally missed, or forgot his question at the end. I'm assuming he's talking to the crystal, or Bahamut in this case? Or is that supposed to be Ardyn's evil side we're hearing?

"I have seen many deaths, but now I'm only looking forward to one, and then I can rest."

I guess it would make sense if that was the crystal, since I guess it's seen the deaths of many kings, so the crystal itself knew the incoming darkness?

Man I thought this story was sort of straightforward, but not knowing these little things is killing me lol

Though now that I think about this trailer it clicks...Bahamut isn't talking about Noctis. He has to be talking about Ardyn. Which I think is what you're getting it. Hadn't clicked for me.

Ok whoa, yes, that actually makes sense. And I'm guessing Regis knows he's the only one who has the strength to ascend and to take him down

Edit: So while this revelation does help me understand it a bit more, I am a bit let down that this sort of context clue had to be hidden away in a trailer =/ Especially a trailer that otherwise doesn't necessarily connect to the game

Rebel Leader

Holy crap! The end of that trailer! Besides the forgive me part, I totally missed, or forgot his question at the end. I'm assuming he's talking to the crystal, or Bahamut in this case? Or is that supposed to be Ardyn's evil side we're hearing?

"I have seen many deaths, but now I'm only looking forward to one, and then I can rest."

I guess it would make sense if that was the crystal, since I guess it's seen the deaths of many kings, so the crystal itself knew kthe incoming darkness?

Man I thought this story was sort of straightforward, but not knowing these little things is killing me lol
So has ardyn. He has seen many deaths but now he only looking forward to one.

The Crystal knew the darkness because itself created it by preventing ardynn fron ascending.

The Crystal knew the darkness because itself created it by preventing ardynn fron ascending.
The darkness existed before. Kind of. At least daemons did. Ardyn was a good guy who cleansed people of their starscourge infection, or however you wanna phrase it. He ended up taking so much into himself though that the gods deemed him unclean and unworthy, even though he was doing their dirty work, and they denied him his ascension like assholes.

Slater

Banned
The darkness existed before. Kind of. At least daemons did. Ardyn was a good guy who cleansed people of their starscourge infection, or however you wanna phrase it. He ended up taking so much into himself though that the gods deemed him unclean and unworthy, even though he was doing their dirty work, and they denied him his ascension like assholes.
Ah god I've been saying Ardyns potential is so good, even as heavily truanced as the narrative is he still got such a strong pop. If they built a dlc around him being cast out and vilified as a young man I would actually be willing to shell out for it

Listonosh

That actually does make a whole lot of sense. But in that case, it should have "known" about Ardyn, and therefore warn Regis beforehand

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Yeah, this game's DLC potential is outstanding, and not just because of the missing pieces.

But mostly because of the missing pieces.

Rebel Leader

"I was just like you noct. A prince chosen by the crystal to save all of mankind. I did what the cystal asked of me. Just like it's asking you right now. So tell me, can you trust them? Can you trust the gods? Can you trust the Crystal? What have they done to earn this trust? This loyalty? Look at me. I'm the prime example of hat exactly blind loyalty and trust of the gods who demand that we sacrifice everything when they don't even know the meaning of that word"

:p

That actually does make a whole lot of sense. But in that case, it should have "known" about Ardyn, and therefore warn Regis beforehand
For ardyn to seek the revenge that he really wantes(if he really wanted revenge), he would wait for the Crystal tobpick a new chosen one. The ultimate fuck you to the gods by killing the chosen chosen one at the hight of the chosen one power.

So if the Crystal picked a new chosenn one ardyn would make his move

Athreous

I guess it would make sense if that was the crystal, since I guess it's seen the deaths of many kings, so the crystal itself knew the incoming darkness?

Ok whoa, yes, that actually makes sense. And I'm guessing Regis knows he's the only one who has the strength to ascend and to take him down

Edit: So while this revelation does help me understand it a bit more, I am a bit let down that this sort of context clue had to be hidden away in a trailer =/ Especially a trailer that otherwise doesn't necessarily connect to the game

It's the crystal I think (which is bahamut =p) :D

I really wish that SE could add some dlc or even an expansion, and add a lot of stuff that's missing in the game right now, cuz there's a lot of holes...

Inuhanyou

I don't think the DLC will fix the games stuctural issues, but hopefully it can address a few loose plot holes

Rebel Leader

It's the crystal I think (which is bahamut =p) :D

I really wish that SE could add some dlc or even an expansion, and add a lot of stuff that's missing in the game right now, cuz there's a lot of holes...

No !

We will be the one to fill the blanks because we deserve it!

( although seriously square, do it. Give us a story that this game deserves )

For ardyn to seek the revenge that he really wantes(if he really wanted revenge), he would wait for the Crystal tobpick a new chosen one. The ultimate fuck you to the gods by killing the chosen chosen one at the hight of the chosen one power.

So if the Crystal picked a new chosenn one ardyn would make his move
If I remember correctly, he had to wait for a new chosen one to get his revenge. He needed the chosen one to go into the crystal to get its power and come out with it. Then he could crush it.

Damerman

And in the official guide Gladio's father is called Crailas and looks like this: xd
CyoaNhLXcAQweN3.jpg

I feel like even SE doesn't know what's canon anymore and what's not. ¯_(&#12484;)_/¯
Jesus... bring on ffxvi...

Listonosh

Was rewatching a few older videos and trailers, and theres mention of Luna and Noctis being able to predict a person's death. I'm guessing that part never made it into the final game? What was the original significance of that, does anyone know?

Damerman

Frankly the story part would improve once they put out the right DLCs.
It would take way more than dlc. They would need a director's cut with many more cutscenes and way more mainstory quests...

Honestly they need a directors cut from nomura himself that included scenes like when noctis and stella conversed about the painting of the godess etro. And altisia setpiece was not nearly as cool as it was in the e3 2013 trailer.

Was rewatching a few older videos and trailers, and theres mention of Luna and Noctis being able to predict a person's death. I'm guessing that part never made it into the final game? What was the original significance of that, does anyone know?

Not in the game, in the original script they both suffered near death experiences and saw the light of expiring souls. Both were on the same level in ability.

Rebel Leader

If I remember correctly, he had to wait for a new chosen one to get his revenge. He needed the chosen one to go into the crystal to get its power and come out with it. Then he could crush it.
While noct ia being absorb

"Killing you as a mortal would grant me a scrant satisfaction. Claim the Crystal s power, arise as it's champion. Olny once the Crystal andnking are no more, can i know redemption "

I juts think he wanted to show them that he defeated their chosen one.

The satisfaction part, well he wanted revenge on the new lucis family but noct as he is now wouldn't have satisfied it.

Mailbox

I hope they add in the ability to fight story bosses postgame at higher levels or something eventually. I'd love to fight Ravus again after I'm done with some post game stuff. That fight was a legit blast!

well, him and ifrit!

Slater

Banned
It would take way more than dlc. They would need a director's cut with many more cutscenes and way more mainstory quests...

Honestly they need a directors cut from nomura himself that included scenes like when noctis and stella conversed about the painting of the godess etro. And altisia setpiece was not nearly as cool as it was in the e3 2013 trailer.

The 2013 trailer was just CGI not a functional setpiece. Nomura can cut the fuck outta a trailer tho. To the point people forgive the fact that he never showed anything actually playable ever cause it still looked soooo enticing

Damerman

Not in the game, in the original script they both suffered near death experiences and saw the light of expiring souls. Both were on the same level in ability.
You know there was a shot during the last battle that was very reminiscent stella and noctis drawing their swords to fight each other.

Damerman

The 2013 trailer was just CGI not a functional setpiece. Nomura can cut the fuck outta a trailer tho. To the point people forgive the fact that he never showed anything actually playable ever cause it still looked soooo enticing
Ever at all? I find that hard to believe.

Inuhanyou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrEjbVxfsaE&t=143s

It was not Luna and Noctis, it was Stella and Noctis, they were able to see the light of expiry due to suffering near fatal accidents at some previous point in their lives, and were able to henceforth awaken a specific ability.

This is wrong. Jesus, you guys are working overtime into pushing the narrative that Nomura is literally a hack. Like not even half of one, like a whole one, like he can't even create a playable space as a director in like 6 years time.

Then by all meansstart with the noct and luna love. Because that just seemed to be placed there.
Childhood friends who knew their destiny would be together due to the nature of the roles they were born into. They fell in love because they believed they had to, and in the afterlife they obtained their roles.

Look I'm not saying the game tells well but holy shit, if 7 came out today neogaf would have called it an insane mess of ideas.

Damerman

I wouldn't be surprised if that was originally the fight against Stella in Insomnia.
I bet in versus xiii stella and noctis raced to get the favor of the gods to fight each other. Noctis would get 4 and stella would get 2... bahamut and ifrit. The fact that they didnt even explain why ifrit was on ardyn's side feels like a plot hole.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
VII-R might be my most anticipated game ever. Either it or ME3, I don't know.

Let me have my REMAKE and then we can all hype XVI. <_>

Please come through this time, Nomura. Please. Please. Please. Get KH3 out soon so KH fans can be happy and then gogogogogo FFVII.

I bet in versus xiii stella and noctis raced to get the favor of the gods to fight each other. Noctis would get 4 and stella would get 2... bahamut and ifrit. The fact that they didnt even explain why ifrit was on ardyn's side feels like a plot hole.
Consider leviathan, they have their own ideas. It doesn't communicate it perfectly but from the prospective of the main characters we don't know. But there was already enough wiggle room to allow it.

Slater

Banned
This is wrong. Jesus, you guys are working overtime into pushing the narrative that Nomura is literally a hack. Like not even half of one, like a whole one, like he can't even create a playable space as a director in like 6 years time.

Ah, my mistake, I meant 2013, which was just a CGI target render. you're right about 2008/11

Damerman

VII-R might be my most anticipated game ever. Either it or ME3, I don't know.

Let me have my REMAKE and then we can all hype XVI. <_>

Please come through this time, Nomura. Please. Please. Please. Get KH3 out soon so KH fans can be happy and then gogogogogo FFVII.
Im gonna chill with jrpgs for now. Ive been playing lightning returns and ffviii and now xv.... saying that my mind is fried is saying the least.

ME3 is what im looking forward to the most right now.

Top Bottom