• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

Golnei

Aranea looks great here.

C5hdmfBUsAEMFRK.jpg

Just watched the new version of the opening with the altered music. Not sure how I feel about it.

I mean, on one hand it's nice to have a hint of FF prelude mixed in with a lighter tone version of Dawn, but the scene itself seems to lose a lot of impact about the upcoming journey. I don't know...

At the end of the day though it seems like such a strange little thing to change :/

Koozek

lmao is anyone surprised at this point

Tabata pls go away
Wait, what's the issue here? The breasts are obviously modelled anyway for a 3D character model, so why are the nipples suddenly a problem? Isn't that like the stupid double standard of how female bodies in the media are handled, like how images on social media with women's nipples on them are removed and men's aren't? Remember #FreeTheNipple?

pashmilla

Banned
Wait, what's the issue here? The breasts are obviously modelled anyway for a 3D character model, so why are the nipples suddenly a problem? Isn't that like the stupid double standard of how female bodies in the media are handled, like how images on social media with women's nipples on them are removed and men's aren't? Remember #FreeTheNipple?

I'm not surprised about the nipple... free the nipple indeed. It's more the fact that this game (which is already #Problematic) has to have moar bewbs. Like Cindy wasn't enough for Tabata's horndog ways.

Koozek

I'm not surprised about the nipple... free the nipple indeed. It's more the fact that this game (which is already #Problematic) has to have moar bewbs. Like Cindy wasn't enough for Tabata's horndog ways.
This was never supposed to be seen by the public, though. And don't you kinda contradict yourself when you describe boobs themselves as problematic already without them even being in a bad context in this case here. It's not like Gentiana was presented like Cidney. Shiva has always been dressed scantily, too.

Sylas

Just watched the new version of the opening with the altered music. Not sure how I feel about it.

I mean, on one hand it's nice to have a hint of FF prelude mixed in with a lighter tone version of Dawn, but the scene itself seems to lose a lot of impact about the upcoming journey. I don't know...

At the end of the day though it seems like such a strange little thing to change :/

Wait, did they get rid of Stand By Me? That intro was perfect!

pashmilla

Banned
This was never supposed to be seen by the public, though. And don't you kinda contradict yourself when you describe boobs themselves as problematic already without them even being in a bad context in this case here. It's not like Gentiana was presented like Cidney. Shiva has always been dressed scantily, too.

It's more like... Shiva herself wasn't inherently problematic in previous games because it was more of an isolated thing. But Shiva in XV contributes to the pattern of sexism found throughout the game in other areas like Cindy and the appalling treatment of Luna. It's The Pattern™.

I think they're talking about the CG scene with Noctis saying goodbye to his father no? In that case Stand By Me should still be there.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bahamut was badass in this game.

yunbuns

Lol what? Didn't Roberto confirm that he designed Cindy during the Versus days months ago which means it was approved by Nomura? Tabata isn't guilt free but this is starting to get ridiculous. Some of ya'll act like Tabata came into your house and personally shot your dog or something.

PSY・S;231004998 said:
Anatomical correctness is a necessary artistic step to moving away from juvenile fanservice to mature sex appeal.

I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with what you're responding to

I feel like some of you are making a bigger deal out of this than it deserves and even when finding out the reason, you're trying to find alternate explanations for why it's still problematic >_>

Ran rp

I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with what you're responding to

I feel like some of you are making a bigger deal out of this than it deserves and even when finding out the reason, you're trying to find alternate explanations for why it's still problematic >_>

That post was copied from Golnei's. I was poking fun at the statement since the purpose of the model was literally juvenile fanservice.

Would you rather have giant heaving nipple-less boobs? Anatomical correctness is a necessary artistic step to moving away from juvenile fanservice to mature sex appeal.

I draw nude figures all the time. I'm not gonna get fussy over a nipple no one even sees.

bunkitz

New 4chan leaks:
"1.05 update makes Somnus play through final dungeon (Insomnia) through fights. Further development of FINAL FANTASY XV is ongoing.

- Additional cutscenes with Ravus and Niflheim to be added into New Game mode in addition to EPISODE PROMPTO content.

- Additional cutscenes with Noctis and Luna to be added into New Game mode.

- Additional cutscenes with Cor Leonis and Regis to be added into New Game mode in addition to EPISODE GLADIOLUS content.

- PLATINUM DEMO to be added to main game as bonus mode.

- EPISODE IGNIS to be released Q4 2017.

- Unannounced expansion, "WORLD OF VERSUS" to be unveiled at E3 2017 (release Q1 2018.) Expect this to be of a much darker tone than the base game. Covers "The demons Noctis faces during his 10 year slumber." This is the "VERSUS" world, the world of dreams that Noctis can enter in his slumber. Themes of loss and tragedy will be developed and expanded upon.

No further updates at this time."​

jFNF31c.jpg

Goddamn, son. Whew. XV sure is a mess. I love it, but it's a mess. And I am all for cleaning up that mess. Well, I hope it makes it better. "World of Versus," though, what the fuck. I can't believe they're (supposedly) doing that.

Wait what? They changed the opening? In what way? Why?

Lol what? Didn't Roberto confirm that he designed Cindy during the Versus days months ago which means it was approved by Nomura? Tabata isn't guilt free but this is starting to get ridiculous. Some of ya'll act like Tabata came into your house and personally shot your dog or something.
Tabata came into their Versus dreams and killed it. He also shot stella which was sacred for some of them.

pashmilla

Banned

Tabata could have changed it but instead we still get the gross camera angles. Tabata is also singlehandedly responsible for the disaster that is Luna. So yeah I'm gonna blame the guy that actually released the game :/

Zakalwe

Banned
It's more like... Shiva herself wasn't inherently problematic in previous games because it was more of an isolated thing. But Shiva in XV contributes to the pattern of sexism found throughout the game in other areas like Cindy and the appalling treatment of Luna. It's The Pattern™.

Shiva doesn't do that, at all. And this character model was obviously not intended to be viewed as an independent asset.

You're fighting the good fight with your intent, but you need to pick your battles better.

Wait what? They changed the opening? In what way? Why?

Yeah I mean the CG opening with Noctis and co leaving Insomnia and saying goodbye to Regis. A version of Dawn used to play when outside but they changed it so only a shorter new version of it plays right near the end that's lighter in tone and has elements of the FF Prelude music in it. Stand By Me is still in the broken down scene as far as I know.

Not a major change but it seems like an odd thing to do, and the new tone impacts the scene in my opinion. Makes it less foreboding or something.

Golnei

No facial hair and different haircut.

I think I prefer how he looks with shorter hair, now that you mention it.

That's Bahamut, no?

When the game first came out, there was confusion over whether Aranea was Bahamut, mostly due to his eyelashes. The full face makes it even more obvious that the assumption was unfounded.

It's so stupid you can't play with a shirtless Gladio when you choose the "No jacket" options.

It kind of makes sense with the semi-realistic world direction they wanted to go with - look at how they even added an undershirt to his standard costume for the Abbey Road promo image.

CrRY2NYVMAA7vtc.jpg:orig

An open-shirted all-leather ensemble is pushing things as it is, going entirely shirtless on top of the rest could have been weird.

Joqu

I'm not happy they messed with the game's intro music. I like the original much better, what the hell?

That Versus model tho. Shame we won't be finding any of the CG scenes in that code. :p

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just finished the game a few mins ago. Basically

Punished Noctis
A Fallen King

Koozek

I will never get tired of that song.
Yeah, lol. Was just listening to it yesterday and thinking how it's easily Top 3 FF boss-battle themes for me. The battle themes are the only thing from FFXV's OST I see myself going back to, though. Based Yoshitaka Suzuki.

royox

I'm just going to interrupt all the asset sniffing here, and knowingly sac-last-post-on-page this very impressive Ifrit video.

I believe it's the same guy who did the aerial combat showcase at a Korean expo before the game released.

It's a shame such AMAZING and WONDERFUL boss was totally unexplained ingame. I will be ever mad for learning about Ifrit's role from some Gaffer literally reading the oficial guide.

Top Bottom