• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV tech demo presentation by Tabata (Demo gameplay details added)

To you. As you can see with this thread and other threads there is still a tiny flame alive that can either burst or go out when FFXV comes out.

From what i can see the flame still very alive and burning bright .
I think this looks like the best FF since 8 if they speed up the combat a little more it would be perfect .

TheTux

The voice cast should include:

Troy Baker

Nolan North

Steve Blum

Yuri Lowenthal

Quinton Flynn

Liam O'Brien

Crispin Freeman

Johnny Yong Bosch

and for the ladies

Laura Bailey

Tara Strong

MAJOR MAJOR /S

Don't expect Laura Bailey, Troy Baker and Liam O'Brien as main characters, they were already main characters in XIII/XIII-2/LR.

really hoping they can capture the art direction in this shot in real-time

wXWcf60.jpg

I really loved that old Stella design (render here: http://static.zerochan.net/Stella.Nox.Fleuret.full.99504.jpg). I hope they haven't scrapped this scene (and also the one where they meet for the first time, but in the E3 trailer we saw that they were childhood friends?).

When they said that we were seeing the game at Jump Festa did they mean we were going to get a new trailer or just more infos?

pLow7

It's no Ultimania but it's something.

inEHffT.jpg

Wow, you can pretty much see the immense Difference between Last-Gen and First-Gen.

Although i have to say that First-Trailer-Noctis looked way more badass.

I dont know, First Noctis reminds me of Midgard-Cloud and the newer nne lost some of his coolness, perhaps because we know a lot more of him now.

Bazztek

Banned
anyone else think the main minigame in this one will be karaoke so Noct and the gang can finally fulfill their dreams of being a boy band?

Maybe minigames will be part of an arcade somewhere in Lucis, there was a store called "GAME FUN" in the 2011 trailer.
cSp3zzO.jpg

fftype-0andxvdemo.mp46rrfo.jpg

man the 2014 in-game model captures the feel of 2011 CG look.
Yeah I'm just hoping there won't be too much of a downgrade from now till March, if any.

VeeP

Do Noct's eyes still change color? I remember that in the original trailer haha.

Edit: Maybe like his hair changed with the fire attack, his eyes do too? And depending on the spell, like thunder, his eyes will change to blue and his hair would be more spiked/thunder-y (Like Killua from HxH), etc.

Bazztek

Banned
Nice compilation.

Still not sure if that girl was Stella. She looks different, but also resemble Stella. Huh.

I'm not 100% sure but as far as we know she is Stella, the trailer didn't say she was Luna, but the fact she heavily resembles Stella makes it the likely conclusion that it is her, even if they didn't say it was Stella either, and in the trailer dialogue itself the bit where they mentioned Luna and the bit where Prompto talks about Noctis's date are actually two different conversations, the way it was edited made it sound like it was a single conversation, and then cutting to a clip of her right after a specific name was mentioned further added fuel to it.

The way it is now there are multiple possibilities.

Either she is Stella's redesign and we are just now seeing it properly, seeing as they even changed Prompto from last year this isn't hard to believe, and Luna is simply someone else, either the black haired woman Hime-cut woman or an unseen character.

Either she is another character who looks like Stella, where if that is the case it would in any likelihood be Stella's sister, and possibly the "Luna" girl that was mentioned.

This "Luna" name could be a pseudonym that Stella uses.

Stella could have been simply renamed to Luna.

Luna is the black haired Hime-cut woman, and the blonde girl is Stella's unnamed sister.

Luna is an unseen character altogether.

And I'm sure many other various possibilities exist too.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
FFXV made Versus XIII look so last gen or something.

kingkaiser

Poor Stella, surgery went wrong.

2007/2008: Normal looking girl
2009: Started cosplaying to look more like the heroines in her beloved animés
2011: Cosplaying made her enough money for the first surgery, looks very kawai now
2013: After repeated surgical procedures, finally, looking much uguu
2014: Started to become obsessed with sunbathing, got a shitty haircut, midlife crisis starts to kick in, is hanging out the whole day whining and sulking

2007/2008: Normal looking girl
2009: Started cosplaying to look more like the heroines in her beloved animés
2011: Cosplaying made her enough money for the first surgery, looks very kawai now
2013: After repeated surgical procedures, finally, looking much uguu
2014: Started to become obsessed with sunbathing, got a shitty haircut, midlife crisis starts to kick in, is hanging out the whole day whining and sulking
Doesn't her 2009 dress look more mundane than her 2007 apparel?

Maybe minigames will be part of an arcade somewhere in Lucis, there was a store called "GAME FUN" in the 2011 trailer.
cSp3zzO.jpg

Yeah I'm just hoping there won't be too much of a downgrade from now till March, if any.

Can't wait to see what that city looks like now....maybe we've seen it in the trailer.

What are you guys talking about Stella and Noctis are looking fine.

i feel bad getting excited about this game..
it's actually coming, but it can't be!!

so when do we get new footage or screens or info? december?

TheTux

I have to admit that it was easier to wait for the game when we didn't get any news, now I just can't wait to play it.
That applies to me too :(.

at Jump Festa 2015 on december 21

Like always, few days after a new FFXV Trailer (and infos) I'm already looking forward to some event to hear more... the cycle continues.

TGS -> Jump Festa -> March Demo -> E3 2015 -> PAX/Gamescom/etc -> TGS 2015 -> Release in Japan

The videos I've seen the last few days haa convinced me that the series is over. It looks slow as hell and the graphics are nothing to write home about imo. This had utterly destroyed my interest in the game.

Final Fantasy is dead.

This is easily one of the best looking games on current gen systems. I refuse to believe you're being serious when you said 'the graphics are nothing to write home about'. Sure, if you don't like the general artistic direction, that's cool, but there's some objectively impressive stuff going on with this engine.

Famassu

The "stealth stuff" is probably contextual. Like Noctis will automatically stick to a wall when he's being shot at or when a huge monster is nearby. I don't see Noctis wouldn't still be able to jump. The game will be really open to exploration and Noctis can still zero-shift around, so you'd expect him to be able to jump as well.

Asd202

The "stealth stuff" is probably contextual. Like Noctis will automatically stick to a wall when he's being shot at or when a huge monster is nearby. I don't see Noctis wouldn't still be able to jump. The game will be really open to exploration and Noctis can still zero-shift around, so you'd expect him to be able to jump as well.

About Warp it's pretty obvious from the tech demo that you can teleport only to set up places not anywhere you want.

Zero-shift doesn't necessarily equate to being able to jump. It's not like Noctis can zero-shift anywhere, clearly there's designated areas in the world in where he can do so + against enemies only.

Exentryk

Looking at recent footage I would think jump is gone..but who knows.

I wonder they still have roll.

Even that roll looks like is just a part of guard, and not a separate button. Like when you hold guard for some big attacks, Noctis will roll. He also has a few other animations to just get out of the way of attacks.

Stark

Banned
Zero-shift doesn't necessarily equal to being able to jump. It's not like Noctis can zero-shift anywhere, clearly there's designated areas in the world in where he can do so + against enemies only.

Though we saw so little. Didn't really see when the camera is not facing up. And when it was pointed to the ground near the end, it was sort of moving like they were aiming it.

Which is why I think we've only seen the battle system at its barebones.

Which is why I think we've only seen the battle system at its barebones.

It's definitely barebones right now. Which is why it's hard to make a proper judgement of its system without an clear idea of what it starts out with, and how it evolves.

Eg. the idea of one-button-hold for evade sounds terrible at first glance, but assuming that that the button also revolves configuration for more defensive measures like short-burst teleport, defense, etc, then it would become a completely different scenario.

It really depends on the finesse of the battle system. An semi-automated system has its flaws, but it also has benefits depending on how deep they're willing to push the system's complexity.

HeelPower

Looking at recent footage I would think jump is gone..but who knows.

I wonder they still have roll.

I really hope jumping and rolling are still in the game.

I really like it when I am able to jump in RPGs. Just for the fun of it.

Ninokuni had a useless jump command but I would still spam it from time to time.lol.

Stealth isn't important in an RPG.(The witcher 2 stealth..lol)

Stark

Banned
It's definitely barebones right now. Which is why it's hard to make a proper judgement of its system without an clear idea of what it starts out with, and how it evolves.

Eg. the idea of one-button-hold for evade sounds terrible at first glance, but assuming that that the button also revolves configuration for more defensive measures like short-burst teleport, defense, etc, then it would become a completely different scenario.

It really depends on the finesse of the battle system. An semi-automated system has its flaws, but it also has benefits depending on how deep they're willing to push the system's complexity.

Agreed. I hope they show more of it at JF. By then, the UI should at least be finished.

Though did they specify you couldn't evade manually and could only hold it or is that what you meant by semi-automated? It's like the attack where it sounds optional.

Famassu

Zero-shift doesn't necessarily equate to being able to jump. It's not like Noctis can zero-shift anywhere, clearly there's designated areas in the world in where he can do so + against enemies only.
I think it does. It would be silly if there are places a jump could get you but if there's no jump button you'd have to zero-shift to. Would just make traversal cumbersome. There are also aerial enemies and fighting the huge adamantoise would be a PITA if you couldn't jump. Plus, I'm pretty sure we already see Noctis up in the air in the cave with the goblins in the trailer. Noctis is in the air and then throws one of his swords and zeroshifts to it. Seems like that would imply jumping is in.

And, again, given that this is such an exploration heavy game, it would make zero sense to not have a jump button so you could, say, jump down from a cliff or over a fence instead of having to find something to zero-shift to.

HeelPower

Being able to gain total invincibility in an action game by simply pressing a button without even worrying about timing to any degree is disastrous game design.

I REALLY doubt they would put something like that in the game and blow away their 100 million dollar game by making it an unplayable mess.

Like no one would do something so stupid.Even the easiest games of all time don't go so far.

Famassu

About Warp it's pretty obvious from the tech demo that you can teleport only to set up places not anywhere you want.
I dunno, that could just be some kind of auto-warp with a quick press of a button and the player might still have the ability to stop and aim the sword more freely.

HeelPower

I dunno, that could just be some kind of auto-warp with a quick press of a button and the player might still have the ability to stop and aim the sword more freely.

I guess they could allow you to aim from a TPS perspective when warping, but I am personally ok with set warping points(as long as they are numerous enough.)

Top Bottom