• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First downsampled 1080p screens from PS4 Pro (Titanfall 2)

PS4 Pro downsampled image to 1080p
ps4proweks1.png

PS4 Standard direct capture from Digital Foundry face-off
ps4standard77ob4.png

PS4 Pro
ps4pro2kkjjc.png

PS4 Standard
amarectv2016-11-0200-yckq0.png

Bullshot IQ arrives on consoles. (native resolution is unknown on PS4 pro version)

1080p screen owners rejoice!!!!

Thanks to kubinsky for the early screenshots. (lucky bugger)

Like zero aliasing really good.

I've got a 4K but made sure not to get too big TV so don't get much aliasing at the uprendered res.

I'll get a 75 inch TV when we hit 8k lol.

Wait, as a 4k hdtv owner, is a better for me to hook up my Pro to my 4k TV or to just hook it up to my 1080p TV.

Fuck, I've got a 720p TV too, the ultimate downsampling on that one...

what would be best.

DBT85

As expected, looks stunning. Hopefully with a few more of these we can stop the "its a minimal upgrade" and "its barely noticeable" posts.

That looks great, big difference, but it's worth noting that Titanfall 2 is about 900p on a regular PS4.

I'd be curious to see a native 1080p game on regular PS4 compared to a downsampled one on Pro.

I want to see ALL OF THE PRO GAMES!

That's super clean. Me likey a lot.

Was the original image originally displaying on a 4K display and then sampled back to 1920x1080 via screen edit or is that captured from 1080p after Pro effects are applied? Little confused with the wording.

As a 1080p owner with no 4k plans, these are the kind of comparison shots I've been waiting to see.

FFXV will be the Pro seller for me, if upgrades are significant.

Sylas

God fuckin' damn it. I didn't want to be tempted by a Pro until Horizon next year. Here I am, looking at the Amazon preorder page.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
... This might've just convinced me that I need a Pro. Allllrighty then.

The Beard

Wait, as a 4k hdtv owner, is a better for me to hook up my Pro to my 4k TV or to just hook it up to my 1080p TV.

Fuck, I've got a 720p TV too, the ultimate downsampling on that one...

what would be best.

Umm......Yeah, definitely go with the 720p for the extra downsampling oomph.

Top Bottom