• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitocracy |OT| STR+6, CON+4, GUT-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man I can retroactively add stuff? I guess I'll go add the stuff I did on saturday and sunday just so I have something on there. College work screwed up my gym schedule so today's workout got punted to tomorrow. I won't go any farther back than that, though: saturday marked the start of me actually going to the proper gym instead of half-assing it in the basement of my dorm out of little-bitchness.

EDIT: What's the verdict on recording warmup sets? if I started squat warmups with a 5*the bar should i put that down?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Yeah warm ups still part of a workout imo.
Alright I guess I'll start keeping track of what i do for warmups then. I can't remember exactly what I did on the previous workout I recorded so i just put the main sets.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Grrr... no easy way to add P90X routines, and most of the moves aren't showing up in the list.

Making me angry!

nickcv

RubxQub said:
Grrr... no easy way to add P90X routines, and most of the moves aren't showing up in the list.

Making me angry!

before i read this post i even thought that the routine feature was totally missing... the option link at the end of the track page is basically invisible...

I'll give it a look in a bit. Can't hurt. I dropped from 5'8" and 180 to 160, with most of what's left just getting into shape and shedding the last bits of pudge.

Zaptruder

Banned
Are they going to make a phone app?

I've been working with noom weight loss on Android, which does a similar sort of behavioural conditioning thing, but this seems like more fun.

RubxQub said:

Making me angry!
I remember seeing a post in their forum that listed the fitocracy name for all the different exercises found in p90x. On my mobile at the mo otherwise would link it.

blackflag

sangreal said:
er, it has every single one of those

When you search for Dumbbell it seems to leave off a bunch. Just search for shrugs/shoulder press/rows etc
Cool I guess that was the problem.....or user error. I searched by dumbbell.

RubxQub said:

Making me angry!
I assume it's the same with Insanity?

I've basically been doing Insanity + chin ups, pull ups, and benching for over a month now.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
EviLore said:
Right now I'm taking some time off from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to remember what it feels like to not hurt all over every day ;b. Just doing trail biking and using my building's minimal fitness center to do some basic DB lifting. Had a power rack and olympic barbell set but had to give it all up when I moved last month.

6'3, 193 lbs as of today. Down from 300 lbs in the summer of '09. Fitocracy isn't really a motivator or anything, just a nice little way to keep track of my workouts and get a mental bump from the operant conditioning of OMG LEVEL UP.

You were a former beast.

I had this idea once but never knew how or where to implement it, although I thought it was geeky.

Subitai

Sweet! I can get some credit for doing what I do already. Interested to see how much more this will motivate me to do more than I normally would.

Edit: Wow. We are so behind Goons (Something Awful). Their group has 1560 members.

nickcv

Subitai said:
Sweet! I can get some credit for doing what I do already. Interested to see how much more this will motivate me to do more than I normally would.

Edit: Wow. We are so behind Goons (Something Awful). Their group has 1560 members.

what exactly is Goons?

Subitai said:

We've only just got rolling with this thread, give it time. The gaf group only had 36 members when I joined about a month ago so it's steadily increasing.

Replicant

Not a bad site although at first I thought I couldn't add my boxing class and had to use kickboxing instead. Weird, you actually have to use the search to find boxing.

Sofo

Thanks, signed up! I don't work out a lot, but I'm trying to get a bit bigger. Same username as I use here.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
not bad.. I'm doing convict conditioning and the only thing I can't find is for any sort of bridges.

Subitai

nickcv said:
what exactly is Goons?
The name or similar derivative that the Something Awful forum members use for guilds in MMOs like WoW and EVE. They're everywhere and pretty dedicated in whatever the game.

Mulberry

Signed up, same user name. I've gained all my wieght back that I had lost years ago and hopefully this will be the motivation I need to get back in the gym and drop it again.

Gvaz

Banned
Subitai said:
The name or similar derivative that the Something Awful forum members use for guilds in MMOs like WoW and EVE. They're everywhere and pretty dedicated in whatever the game.
For a month or two, anyways.

On IE at work, tried to sign up and I can't get past the second step. Now I'm trying to use my phone and it's telling me the email is in use. How do I pick my registration back up from where I left off?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Beezy said:
I'm on there too. My username is JabarieD. Let's see if I can finally stay consistent.

yea this was the issue. i was doing great over the summer, got lazy in august and now i'm back to square one.

Spacebar

Signed up yesterday and logged my 4 mile run. Went from level 1 to 3 in one workout. lol I'll be doing legs tonight.

HisshouBuraiKen said:
On IE at work, tried to sign up and I can't get past the second step. Now I'm trying to use my phone and it's telling me the email is in use. How do I pick my registration back up from where I left off?

The site doesn't work with ie8 or before. No idea how you pick where you left off, sorry.

J Tourettes said:
The site doesn't work with ie8 or before. No idea how you pick where you left off, sorry.

Javascript hackery worked, I'm signed up. I'll mess with it when I get home, the mobile site's a pain in the ass. We'll see if it offers any advantages over my current training journal combo of Google Docs & Livejournal :p

EDIT: Man I can't log everything I've ever done to jack my levels up? Boooooo

HisshouBuraiKen said:
Javascript hackery worked, I'm signed up. I'll mess with it when I get home, the mobile site's a pain in the ass. We'll see if it offers any advantages over my current training journal combo of Google Docs & Livejournal :p

EDIT: Man I can't log everything I've ever done to jack my levels up? Boooooo

KuGsj.gif

Unfortunately you can only go back a week, that was the first thing I tried when I signed up. I did read that they're going to update so you can log all your old workouts but not score any points for them.

Miletius

I just logged my stuff from yesterday. I don't remember exact totals for this past week, and I don't want to "game" my approach. If the rain clears up I think I'll go for a bike ride today. Otherwise, I'll find something else to do.

jon bones

does the system make you lose XP every week? they really should implement that - maintaining is important, taking breaks really does undo a lot of progress.

jon bones said:
does the system make you lose XP every week? they really should implement that - maintaining is important, taking breaks really does undo a lot of progress.
They've talked about it on their forums but nothing solid was agreed. There's a voluntary sitting on my butt option which knocks off some points but I doubt many people will use that.

jon bones

J Tourettes said:
They've talked about it on their forums but nothing solid was agreed. There's a voluntary sitting on my butt option which knocks off some points but I doubt many people will use that.

i will i guess

nickcv

guys... i was wondering... how is fitocracy going to pay for itself?

sell our data?
gold memberships?

i really love this website but i'd like to understand what's the business model behind it...

i even opened a thread on their forum looking for an answer

Azih

nickcv said:
guys... i was wondering... how is fitocracy going to pay for itself?

sell our data?
gold memberships?

i really love this website but i'd like to understand what's the business model behind it...

i even opened a thread on their forum looking for an answer
Advertising I would guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom