• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

The Tanc
"Bale alert. Coentrao has been excluded from the call-ups of Real Madrid game to be played vs LA Galaxy"

Is Coentrao likely to leave this summer?

Salvadora

panty

The Tanc
"Bale alert. Coentrao has been excluded from the call-ups of Real Madrid game to be played vs LA Galaxy"

Is Coentrao likely to leave this summer?

They say he has a muscle injury :lol

Hopefully he leaves, along with Kaka and Di Maria.

I wonder how players at United and Arsenal feel about the transfer activity or lack of.

Players like Tom and Giroud must be gutted cos it's obv they're not deemed good enough since that's where new players are being sought out.

Then there must be other players in the squad who are thinking what the hell is going on we need new players.

K1LLER7

I wonder how players at United and Arsenal feel about the transfer activity or lack of.

Players like Tom and Giroud must be gutted cos it's obv they're not deemed good enough since that's where new players are being sought out.

Then there must be other players in the squad who are thinking what the hell is going on we need new players.

Then there's players who demand new players, get new players, win the title, but still want to leave.

Salvadora

Arsenal players have been unexpectedly open with the media with their desire to see new faces. Every week we get another interview.

Giroud wouldn't have a problem with another striker coming in as we're very short in numbers. Wenger has quashed any speculation otherwise. He was brought in to accompany RVP anyway.
Imagine we lose our qualification matches? Lol the fallout at the emirates would be epic for everyone except Arsenal fans.
I wonder if that's a factor in our slow business. Players not knowing if they'll be playing in the top European competition.

That's a big question mark if you're looking at joining a club.

Isn't anglo saxon just basically being british, american etc?

As in anglo Saxon economy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_economy

anglo-saxon_map.jpg

Linius

This is fucking awful. :lol

I don't have high hopes for this season.

sigh...

To be honest, the two players I wanted most didn't come either. Instead we got a nice little surprise by the name of Bojan. And Van der Hoorn of course. I bet we'll sign Duarte and then we're done.

Watching the Chelsea Season Review 12/13 while waiting for the friendly to start and I really wish we won the Club World Cup :(. I'm not sure we will ever win the Champions League again so who knows if we will ever get to play in it again :(

Salvadora

Denilson, Arsharvin, Santos and Squillaci played 23 games last season, surely your squad isn't that much thinner at all.
Gervinho, Park & Bendtner surely are the next faces out the door. The former having featured a huge amount last season.

And lets not forget that Arsenal been one of the most injury prone clubs in England over the years. We're competing in four competitions too.

Denilson, Arsharvin, Santos and Squillaci played 23 games last season, surely your squad isn't that much thinner at all.

I don't understand your point

The point is that Bale and Rooney aren't from places that were occupied by Anglo-Saxons, so they can't be called Anglo-Saxon.

To be fair, very few people can but Bale and Rooney definitely aren't.

bobito

Banned
Gervinho, Park & Bendtner surely are the next faces out the door. The former having featured a huge amount last season.

And lets not forget that Arsenal been one of the most injury prone clubs in England over the years. We're competing in four competitions too.

That is still only really one or two replacements needed though, arsenal just had an incredible amount of dead wood. The rest barely played or were on loan.

ShogunX

The Premier League isn't as good as it used to be.

A sentence that many have used in recent years and one that had an element of truth to it. However with BT breaking up the Sky dominance and in turn providing every Premiership club a nice transfer kitty, this years competition could be the best for a long time.

The likes of Norwich have added Leroy Fer, Van Wolfswinkel, Hooper and Nathan Redmond. Swansea have added Wilfried Bony, Southampton have bought Wanyama and Lovren...It goes on City have thrown money around on big names, Newcastle have brought in Joe Kinnear and Spurs look to have added a proper goal scorer. Liverpool have added to the squad whilst desperately trying to hold on to Suarez and bring in first team players, Sunderland look to be getting an overhaul and Aston Villa managed to keep hold of Benteke.

All of this before the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd make their moves and it all could add up to be one seriously mouth watering season.

Then we have the managerial changes that could also impact the league a lot. Can Everton toss aside the Moyes ''Don't get beaten'' philosophy and adapt to silky passing trend? Will Moyes be able to keep Utd at the top? Is Mourinho still a bellend? and how will City look after getting rid of the European mastermind that is Frosties?

The only club that looks a bit off right now is Hull City. They look to be building a bit of a straight back down squad.

L1NETT

I would be more worried about Palace than Hull.

£8m for Dwight Gayle? Holloway has completely lost the plot, the kid is champ standard max. When I saw play at ours, he looked no better than Wells.

Linius

The best thing for Feyenoord to do is keep together the current squad. It's a promising group of players to say the least. If Pelle leaves they would be fucked like Vitesse without Bony now.

Salvadora

That is still only really one or two replacements needed though, arsenal just had an incredible amount of dead wood. The rest barely played or were on loan.
Part of the reason Wilshere was injured again was because he was overplayed. We have one striker at the moment, one right back (with Sagna moving to CB, much to my dismay), no DM, one left back fit... I could go on.

We have had lots of deadwood, yes, but Arsenal's squad looked light even then in terms of usable players.

The best thing for Feyenoord to do is keep together the current squad. It's a promising group of players to say the least. If Pelle leaves they would be fucked like Vitesse without Bony now.

I really don't think the current squad is strong enough to even get close to winning the league.

bobito

Banned
What's all this Anglo-Saxon talk? How many people are pure Anglo-Saxon anyway?

The 'Bale' surname is of Norman origin anyway.

Jesus, I'm not saying he a pure anglo saxon necessarily. But the fact that he is a white bloke who comes from Britain is important in terms of marketability.

Anglo Saxon is a term that describes that type of person.

Part of the reason Wilshere was injured again was because he was overplayed. We have one striker at the moment, one right back (with Sagna moving to CB, much to my dismay), no DM, one left back fit... I could go on.

We have had lots of deadwood, yes, but Arsenal's squad looked light even then in terms of usable players.

I think you need a new fitness coach more then anything, all your players are fragile consistently.

Omg some guy on twitter just exposed the Daily Star editor. Basically told him some silly story about how he knew someone who said Ronaldo was coming back and now the Daily Star have run with it :lol

Linius

I really don't think the current squad is strong enough to even get close to winning the league.

I don't say you shouldn't buy, but keeping together the current squad is an important factor in growing stronger. It's too bad us Dutch clubs hardly get the chance to build on a team for several years. It would be a miracle if Alderweireld, Eriksen and De Jong stay with us for example. Most of the time you lose your key players by the end of the season because of rich clubs :/

People have moved around since the 5th century.

It is a commonly used term in the modern era to describe British, North Americans, Australians etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglosphere

The Anglosphere is a term to describe English-speaking countries. That article makes no mention of Anglo-Saxon being a term to describe British, Americans, or Australians.

There is this on the Anglo-Saxon wikipedia page:

Outside Anglophone countries, both in Europe and in the rest of the world, the term "Anglo-Saxon" and its direct translations are used to refer to the Anglophone peoples and societies of Britain, the United States, and other countries such as Australia, Canada and New Zealand – areas which are sometimes referred to as the Anglosphere.

No one inside of the Anglosphere would describe an Irish person for example as Anglo-Saxon. It would be like me calling Argentinians Aztecs.

Jesus, I'm not saying he a pure anglo saxon necessarily. But the fact that he is a white bloke who comes from Britain is important in terms of marketability.

It really isn't, unless you come from a country where everyone is stupid.

leadbelly

Banned

Reading your last comment, it tends to have broader meaning in the US.

Don't worry. We've still got 70m quid in the bank.

cry.gif

I don't say you shouldn't buy, but keeping together the current squad is an important factor in growing stronger. It's too bad us Dutch clubs hardly get the chance to build on a team for several years. It would be a miracle if Alderweireld, Eriksen and De Jong stay with us for example. Most of the time you lose your key players by the end of the season because of rich clubs :/

This is why I'm even more worried for next year because I'm sure players like Clasie and De Vrij are going to be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom