• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Talk of Deuce going to the MLS. I hope it happens, he scored some clutch goals but Gylfi shits on him, with Chadli Townsend back there is no place for him. If we can get our money back it will be a great deal.

You definitely will not get your money back. At most, an MLS team would pay a few million bucks. At most.

I don't get why Madrid are so desperate for Bale this summer. Just can't rationalise it. I mean I know it's impossible to rationalise anything that club does but...why pay such a huge fee for a player they really don't need right now.

Just feels like an absolutely insane vanity buy. It's not even like Perez has an election to win.

Suen

two Bales are equal to one Boeing 787
What are you saying? Bale is a Boeing 787.

baeling.jpg

FootballFan

Why does this even fucking matter you calamitous grape?

It's the fucking shittest argument. It's fucking 'wayne rooney' to an extreme degree.

"God Madrid fucking suck"
"UNITED CAN'T SIGN ANYONE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL"

Am I not allowed to comment on Madrid's shit business practises or are you gonna cry like all the Barca fans do when you watch their club

Oi !! I only said "lol more Madrid fans commenting on this game than anyone else". He can watch us and be jealous all he likes.

I don't get why Madrid are so desperate for Bale this summer. Just can't rationalise it. I mean I know it's impossible to rationalise anything that club does but...why pay such a huge fee for a player they really don't need right now.

Just feels like an absolutely insane vanity buy. It's not even like Perez has an election to win.

130603214439-football-neymar-barcelona-story-top.jpg

And Real Madrid are insane.

Turok_TTZ

Reason is CR7 and the fear that he won't renew. Flo is scared he won't renew so he is doing everything he can to sign his replacement.

FootballFan

I am not even trolling or joking here, it's because of Neygod.

Neymar plays on the left too and Perez was willing to spend over 100m euros on him, but Neymar chose with his heart, not with his wallet.

If Neymar did really go to Madrid, you think they would even be talking about Bale, let alone bidding 120m for him? No because a Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Ozil, Isco, Benzema team wouldn't work.

Honestly, it's pretty gutting to see amazing players go to waste. Sure it will be amazing to see Ronaldo on the left and Bale on the right, but what will happen to Di maria? And now who do you bench? Ozil? Isco? Modric?

What a bloated team. Insane quality depth from the midfield up, but.... Nothing worse than seeing big talent being employed as part time.

pappe

Reason is CR7 and the fear that he won't renew. Flo is scared he won't renew so he is doing everything he can to sign his replacement.
You don't just spend 100 mil to buy a replacement 'just in case'.

Ronaldo must have made it clear he is not renewing which is why Flo is desperate.

Also don't want to get any1s hopes up. If what I said above is the case then RM will definitely sell Ronaldo to recover some money rather than selling him or 30 mil next year.

Neymar plays on the left too and Perez was willing to spend over 100m euros on him, but Neymar chose with his heart, not with his wallet.

If Neymar did really go to Madrid, you think they would even be talking about Bale, let alone bidding 120m for him? No because a Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Ozil, Isco, Benzema team wouldn't work.

I'm willing to bet Ronaldo + Bale > Messi + Neymar.

FootballFan

:lol at farca fans yelling "it's because of Nerman".

Yeah keep thinking that.

Okay so answer this, if you guys had got Neymar instead of us, would you be after Bale right now? Wait I already know the answer, "no".

As if Perez would be chasing Bale after spending 100m on Neymar...

pappe

Yea right as if Ronaldo Bale ozil isco Benzema Di Maria team works?

FootballFan

Don't let the hyperbole get to you, I asked what Isco's best position was. Isn't that the point of this thread? Comment and debate? Some of us have jobs and responsibilities, can't expect me to be glued to the tube. Which is why I come into this thread, to learn and catch up on things Im ignorant about.

Which is much better than coming into this thread pretending to be some ITK who actually doesn't know the difference between a donkeys asshole from the shit spewing out of his mouth.

This post was good I admit Pulga, I laughed. :lol

<3

Turok_TTZ

You don't just spend 100 mil to buy a replacement 'just in case'.

Ronaldo must have made it clear he is not renewing which is why Flo is desperate.

Also don't want to get any1s hopes up. If what I said above is the case then RM will definitely sell Ronaldo to recover some money rather than selling him or 30 mil next year.

That could also be the reason but CR7 has publicly stated he intends to stay. I would give ur reasoning more credit if cr7 didnt do that.

in any case you do not know the lunacy of Flo well when it comes to matters like these.
Like other posted, nerman rejection may have had an effect on him. flo losing the plot once more.

LTWheels

Tony Barrett &#8207;@TonyBarretTimes 2h
For those who haven't seen much of Diego Costa, the only way I can describe him is as a bigger nuisance than Luis Suarez.

What kind of monster are we creating? Aspas is supposed to be unhinged as well.

panty

You're making it sound like Perez is sitting behind his desk all alone with a crazy look on his face "he'll be mine, all mine" and like he's offering hundreds of millions just like that. It's all about making money, there's an army of lawyers and advisors and you'd have to be an idiot if you think they just buy players "because they bought that guy" etc.

Meier

I guess if it's £105m, Madrid value Morata at £15m -- probably refused to move him.

Hope Isco enjoys the bench. Backstabbing bitch.

pappe

That could also be the reason but CR7 has publicly stated he intends to stay. I would give ur reasoning more credit if cr7 didnt do that.

in any case you do not know the lunacy of Flo well when it comes to matters like these.
Like other posted, nerman rejection may have had an effect on him. flo losing the plot once more.

It won't be the first time a player has said he wants to stay yet forced out of the club coz of financial reasons.
If I put myself in Flo's shoes and see Cr7 not renewing for sure, then the only sensible thing to do wud be to sell him off whether he likes it or not. Or risk losing 50 mil after a year which is not good business.

EDIT: and when u are selling your star you buy some1 else and try to make him a bigger star so the fans don't turn on u. Thts why he is chasing Bale.

You're making it sound like Perez is sitting behind his desk all alone with a crazy look on his face "he'll be mine, all mine" and like he's offering hundreds of millions just like that. It's all about making money, there's an army of lawyers and advisors and you'd have to be an idiot if you think they just buy players "because they bought that guy" etc.

How are Madrid going to make a profit off Bale? I don't understand this logic.

FootballFan

I guess if it's £105m, Madrid value Morata at £15m -- probably refused to move him.

Hope Isco enjoys the bench. Backstabbing bitch.

I love your posts about Isco haha.

I still like him, he was one of my favourite players, been watching him since u17 wc and I always said I'd prefer if he didn't join Barca or Madrid, too bad he did.

K1LLER7

Like I said earlier, If its clear that Ronaldo won't renew his contract and Madrid want to sell him for as much as possible, they'll sell this summer. United are interested, but so will: City, PSG, Monaco, any oil rich club.

panty

So talk me through, it, roughly.

Let's assume a £90m transfer fee and a 5 year contract @ £150k/week.

That's £130m.

How do Real Madrid make £131m by signing Gareth Bale?

You don't think they care about the players image or marketability at all? I'm not saying they're just trying to make back all the money spent.

Turok or anyone has any numbers how much we've made over Ronnie's shirts?

Suen

I love your posts about Isco haha.

I still like him, he was one of my favourite players, been watching him since u17 wc and I always said I'd prefer if he didn't join Barca or Madrid, too bad he did.
Honestly he's a great signing and with Madrid wanting to focus more on bringing more Spanish youth (and as far as I know Ancelotti also likes to bring talent from the academy) it makes sense. However the problem here is that we're full as it is. I said this before we signed him when the rumors were going on. If he gets lots of play time then good...but if he doesn't then yeah he's just wasting his career and should have went with City instead.

Suen

Like I said earlier, If its clear that Ronaldo won't renew his contract and Madrid want to sell him for as much as possible, they'll sell this summer. United are interested, but so will: City, PSG, Monaco, any oil rich club.
PSG, Ronaldo, Ibra and Cavani :lol

Salvadora

Tony Barrett &#8207;@TonyBarretTimes 2h
For those who haven't seen much of Diego Costa, the only way I can describe him is as a bigger nuisance than Luis Suarez.

What kind of monster are we creating? Aspas is supposed to be unhinged as well.

Aspas even looks like a monster too.

Get the Frankenstein vibes off him.

Showaddy

Damn I really don't want Bale to go but £105 million...Jaysus.

Our NLD project which is: a state of the art 60k stadium, a giant hotel, a massive supermarket, a new train station & new roads will cost £400 million. Gareth's sale would pay for 25% of that...

K1LLER7

You don't think they care about the players image or marketability at all? I'm not saying they're just trying to make back all the money spent.

If Madrid wanted marketability, they have paid up for Neymar.

Unless maybe they did and he rejected......

Ronaldo is a much, much, much bigger star than Bale.

You're not going to make a significant amount of money back on Bale's image rights/shirts. How many people do you think there are who are only going to buy a Madrid shirt because Gareth Bale plays for them?

Wilbur

Banned
Costa's a really weird signing for Liverpool, especially if they're keeping Suarez. Good player but - unlike the aforementioned -may not be worth the trouble. Especially at that price as well; it's all well and good having depth but when you're a team winning titles I think players will allow it more, but if Aspas or Borini are going to become solely bench options at a team finishing sixth they may be unhappy. Interested to see how that one goes.

Good win for Swansea and nice to see their new signings doing the business. Hopefully they stay switched on all season and make some money and raise their profile from the Europa.

Didnt see the Bayern match but I trust they were at once better than City and still victims of Guardiola's tinkering. Fair enough he's doing it in friendlies I suppose. Agree with Viva over the use of Muller though; he's an extraordinarily intelligent player but it's predominantly to do with space, lateral thinking, movement; I could see him picking the ball up in some great positions as a false nine but not following it through.

Martinez in defence is a waste.

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
So talk me through, it, roughly.

Let's assume a £90m transfer fee and a 5 year contract @ £150k/week.

That's £130m.

How do Real Madrid make £131m by signing Gareth Bale?

They will demand a percentage of his image rights (likely half) in his contract. So they will get a cut of all his sponsorship deals from then on.

This is why Ronaldo is being so pissy right now. It isn't because he "misses Manchester", it's because he believes he's being cheated out of millions now and he wants that rectified in any new contract.

What his advisors aren't taking into account, evidently, is that it's only by working on these terms that Madrid can afford to break transfer records every few years and pay the extortionate wages they already do.

Or something like that.

I'm sure they care, I'm saying if they are signing him to make money, as you suggested, then what is the evidence or logic of it?

This idea shirt sales repay for a transfer is completely hilarious. First of all...Madrid will have had to of sold an insane amount of shirts for that to even be close to true. And that's before you consider that when a jersey is sold for £50, Madrid aren't just getting that £50. that's not how it works...

Football isn't about making money, it incurs massive sunk costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom