• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

lol no Ter Stegen

lol indeed. I really do feel for Adler. Being named number one, then suffering an injury that completely destroyed his international career

Edit: I knew Durm would get a nomination. I rate him higher than Schmelzer already

Tor: Neuer, Weidenfeller, Zieler
Abwehr: Durm, Boateng, Großkreutz, Höwedes, Hummels, Jansen, Lahm, Mertesacker, Mustafi, Schmelzer
Mittelfeld: Lars Bender, Draxler, Ginter, Goretzka, Götze, Hahn, Khedira, Kroos, Meyer, Thomas Müller, Özil, Podolski, Reus, Schürrle
Sturm: Klose, Volland

Actually a decent decision so far.

Edit: Wait, no Kruse? Should have been nominated.

Also, great to see Durm and dat Weidenfeller. Break your leg pls Manuela.

Gambit

Abwehr: Durm, Boateng, Großkreutz, Höwedes, Hummels, Jansen, Lahm, Mertesacker, Mustafi, Schmelzer
Mittelfeld: Lars Bender, Draxler, Ginter, Goretzka, Götze, Hahn, Khedira, Kroos, Meyer, Thomas Müller, Özil, Podolski, Reus, Schürrle

Erm, where is Schweinsteiger?

fuenf

guess this means Löw wants to ride the Götze-Reus-flase9-bromance all the way to the title. I just hope he doesnt imagine Müller as striker #1. Klose is too old and Volland is a giant question mark.

No ter Stegen, no Kruse, no Gomez.

Ginter, Jansen, Mustafi, Goretzka, Hahn, Meyer and Draxler will probably be kicked to the curb once June 2nd approaches.

GorillaJu

Guys seriously do not even discuss Muller, it is not on the table. As Viva said, the Bayern players are just trying to get new contracts written up, and the best way is to create false interest. I mean Muller is absolutely brilliant so I'm sure lots of clubs are 'interested' but he's not going to leave Bayern, and Bayern are not going to sell him.

wtf? with Löw's suicidal high defense Neuer is absolutely crucial.

Fuck Neuer, he's overrated as hell. I'm so tired of it, all the German media praises him for his great footballing skills. All he's doing is running out of the goal like a mad man and playing just as shitty passes as other keepers.

And we won't win shit, anyway. I'd fucking love to see Weidenfeller play 4 or 5 WC matches.

fuenf

Man I kinda feel for Gomez he's having the worst of luck with his career.

Fuck Neuer, he's overrated as hell. I'm so tired of it, all the German media praises him for his great footballing skills. All he's doing is running out of the goal like a mad man and playing just as shitty passes as other keepers.

And we won't win shit, anyway. I'd fucking love to see Weidenfeller play 4 or 5 WC matches.

glad to see you returning to form.

edit: WTF LÖW. Löw isnt fit enough but Klose / Khedira are? What a joke. Pls get DFB Heynckes. It's not too late.

let's think about happier times:
JnrIJ.jpg

Never change Milch :D

Seriously though: Neuer is more than a fine choice.

Nobody cares about the No 3 goalie anyways so I don't care about ter Stegen either. Not going to play anyway.

I really hope Löw tests Poldi as true striker again instead of throwing Volland into the cold water if Klose can't reach the fitness needed for a WC. And for christ sake's don't try anymore striker less formations/ Özil as striker formations.

I agree with Milch about Neuer's footballing skills. I really don't think they're anything special. He is an amazing keeper, one of the best, but that side of his play isn't stand out from what I've seen.

fuenf

this team could win brazil:

Neuer - Lahm - Boateng - Hummels - Schmelzer/Durm/GroKr - Bender - Kroos - Müller - Götze - Reus - Schürrle

this team will play and crash out:

Neuer - Großkreutz (Lahm) - Boateng - Hummels - Schmelzer - Lahm (Khedira) - Schweinsteiger - Müller - Özil - Reus - Klose

pre-emptive fuck Löw!

pappe

Neuer - Lahm - Boateng - Hummels - Schmelzer/Durm/GroKr - Bender - Kroos - Müller - Götze - Reus - Schürrle

this team will play and crash out:

Neuer - Großkreutz (Lahm) - Boateng - Hummels - Schmelzer - Lahm (Khedira) - Schweinsteiger - Müller - Özil - Reus - Klose

pre-emptive fuck Löw!

Boateng? I thought guys hated Boateng. Why not Mertesacker?

subtles

The last time WHU won at MCFC was back in March 06 and was live on tv. The same weekend Liverpool's 3-1 win against Newcastle was also on tv.

DerZuhälter;111078337 said:
Never change Milch :D

Seriously though: Neuer is more than a fine choice.

Nobody cares about the No 3 goalie anyways so I don't care about ter Stegen either. Not going to play anyway.

Of course Neuer is a fine choice but saying he's crucial is ridiculous. Weidenfeller would do it just as well. So no surprise I'd like to see him play, right?

Yeah, 3rd goalie won't make a difference. I still don't get what Löw sees in Zieler footballing-wise, though. Maybe he's just there to reduce the tension between the keepers? I'm sure that ter Stegen would fight very hard for his place, even if there's no chance. So maybe a player like Zieler who just shuts up and takes it easy is a good fit.

Bender? No. Terrible season.

Pre-empetive Fuck Löw? Always.

Don't know why everyone is asking for Champions League material on the pitch, but seem to be okay with a guy who once won the Bundesliga and I guess did stuff in the turkish Süper League.

Heynckes or Hitzfeld would have been perfect for this job.

Both clumsy as fuck at times. Boateng has the better physical potential to be world class, his brains is the problem though. Merte has that, but speed is his achilles heel.
And yes, Hummels is also clumsy as fuck at times.

Christ. These 3 centerbacks can shift between worldclass and "Ppfpfpfff what the fuck is he DOOOOOIN?" in an instance.

fuenf

Boateng & Hummels are both hit & miss. But we need them to make Löw's PoS defense work.

DerZuhälter;111079009 said:
Bender? No. Terrible season.

Pre-empetive Fuck Löw? Always.

Don't know why everyone is asking for Champions League material on the pitch, but seem to be okay with a guy who once won the Bundesliga and I guess did stuff in the turkish Süper League.

Heynckes or Hitzfeld would have been perfect for this job.

we somehow don't have a capable defensive midfielder... Khedira (if fit) is a headless chicken, Lahm is a defensive 'liability' and Schweini is way past past it. Kroos can't handle the 6 alone and Ginter... well. I just figured it's best to pray for a Oliver Kirch like performance from Bender and basically mirror Dortmund's playstyle.

Elchele

Daily Mail reporting Arsenal are inquiring about Javi.

Willing to pay 20 for Bender. Feel like he is the best realistic option available.

They say our ideal target is Gundogan. Why? Can he play as the deepest mid infront of the CB's?

Bender already said he won't move

subtles

Andy Carroll has scored five Premier League goals against Manchester City; more than he has against any other opponent in the competition.

Salvadora

Mertesacker has been consistently fantastic this season with very, very few errors. He's done more than enough to earn himself a place in the starting line-up.

Definitely out:
Goretzka, Meyer, Mustafi

Remaining duels for a final squad place:
Durm vs Jansen
Höwedes vs Ginter
Hahn vs Volland
Khedira vs injury

we somehow don't have a capable defensive midfielder... Khedira (if fit) is a headless chicken, Lahm is a defensive 'liability' and Schweini is way past past it. Kroos can't handle the 6 alone and Ginter... well. I just figured it's best to pray for a Oliver Kirch like performance from Bender and basically mirror Dortmund's playstyle.

Look at Löw's tactics.

He told Khedira to attack every single time he gets the chance to.

Why even bother with a DM

AS have received an email showing Barca's offer to Jorge Messi tthat they will sell Messi and give Jorge 10% of the sale figure.

Probably just posturing during contract renewal negotiations but still wow.

Löw will probably pick the opposite.
Well, Durm vs Jansen should be obvious if Durm doesn't have big problems adjusting to the national team, which could be the case. All our players had trouble doing so.

The other 3 duels are hard, though. Ginter is great but would you trust him to play in a WC quarter final if there are injuries/suspensions? Höwedes, although injured for a long time, would be a safer choice. Hahn is a limited player but could be good for a Odonkor moment. Volland could need another year or two. And I'm rather sure Khedira is important for the team, so taking him to the World Cup, even if it's just for him to be with the team, could be a good decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom