• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I'd fear for Southampton if I didn't actually want them to do shit so there's a chance Sunderland can do better. If they lose Rodriguez too... plus their manager looks too much like Alex McLeish which is a bad, bad sign.

Hixx

EEd7H0Jl.jpeg

This is the bloke who commentates on SAFC games. Look at all that fucking tweed. Should be illegal to wear that much of it.

Wilbur

Banned
I like Lallana, but 25m is a lot. Not really sure where he fits best in the team; wide? Behind a striker? In a midfield three?

I really do feel for 3Sixty though. Hopefully they invest the money wisely.

LegoArmo

De Gea (age 23)
Rafael (age 23) Jones (age 22) Smalling (age 24) Shaw (age 18)

£80m defence, clean sheets for days!

I just saw someone on twitter say the fact we are signing Lallana means Suarez is going, WTF, wheres the logic in that

I'd be more inclined to believe it means he's staying and Sanchez won't be a part of any Suarez deal now.

Feorax

I like Lallana, but 25m is a lot. Not really sure where he fits best in the team; wide? Behind a striker? In a midfield three?

I think he could do all three competently in our set up. That's probably why he was our top priority.

Mastadon

Banned
De Gea (age 23)

I'd be more inclined to believe it means he's staying and Sanchez won't be a part of any Suarez deal now.

I don't think Suarez will stay, but Sanchez won't be part of the deal I'd imagine. These swap deals almost never come off. They will handle them as two separate transfers I'd guess.

LTWheels

Something tells me won't be playing with two strikers up front next season.

More like one central striker and two wide attackers.

Lallana can play out wide attacker, or a part of our midfield 3/ diamond.

I don't think Suarez will stay, but Sanchez won't be part of the deal I'd imagine. These swap deals almost never come off. They will handle them as two separate transfers I'd guess.

Of course. But I don't think we will let the Suarez transfer go through until after we sign Sanchez. (ala, Spurs spending Bale's money before they sold him)

Marc

Is 3sixty ok?

Not sure where Lallana fits at Liverpool, doesn't seem like a player they need. Glad they're getting more English players but can't see it working out. Then again, could be planning for Suarez to leave and changing the system entirely.

It'll be good when Herrera turns into Anderson MKII.

Can someone explain why Herrera got less assists than Henderson, Davis, Kolarov, Arnautovic, Lambert... and a whole load of other players?

He is no Jonjo Shelvey.

De Gea (age 23)

Smalling and Jones are even more inconsistent than Rafael and haven't produced a season as good as Rafael. A rock solid defense is far from being guaranteed.

Lol wait Man Utd paid €40m for Herrera? €40m for Mata, €35m for Fellaini, they're really making PSG look smart.

I swear if we sell Vidal for any less than €70m...

LTWheels

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m
Liverpool still very keen to sign Chile and Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez. Other clubs interested too #LFC

could Emre Can take Lucas role as a DM, or will we be without a proper DM?

Maybe eventually. It's a lot to put on a new young player in his first season in a new league/team.

Tbh we don't play with a DM. We try to do our defending from the front with pressing.

Maybe we're waiting for France to get knocked out before we try and go for Schneiderlin...

Wenger pls, you're in Brazil, stop playing beach footy and sign some players!

operon

I hope Brendan let his hands get a rest during the summer, as there looks like new faces to touch. I'm even excited for united fan oh looooooooord

LegoArmo

Seriously though, I rate Evans higher than Jones or Smalling, and would have him partner New CB Signing™ or in a 3 with Jones. Otherwise, protection from New CM Signings™ will be very important.

Also, if Liverpool sign Lallana, Sanchez and Shaqiri, I will kill myself. Just Lallana and Shaqiri, fine, but not Alexis.

Sanchezter United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom