• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

AVMHqgW.jpg

Is that Appelvlaai playing? I thought he's supposed to be heading out.

Aye, would be a bit heartbreaking.

This is our moment.

You don't like Wozniacki/Rory?

I don't like Wozniacki.

Rory I don't mind, but much prefer others and would definitely like Sergio Garcia to win here.

FWIW I think McIlroy is safe. Plenty of low scores today and Garcia isn't really an ominous player on the charge.

Salvadora

I don't like Wozniacki.

Rory I don't mind, but much prefer others and would definitely like Sergio Garcia to win here.

FWIW I think McIlroy is safe. Plenty of low scores today and Garcia isn't really an ominous player on the charge.
Didn't like her comments about the heels.

GREAT PUTT RORY.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mail:

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin wants to join Tottenham ahead of neighbours Arsenal.

Arsene Wenger is a confirmed admirer of the 24-year-old France international and Arsenal have opened discussions over a proposed move to bring him to The Emirates - but Schneiderlin wants to re-join former boss Mauricio Pochettino instead.

Schneiderlin rates the Argentine highly and credits him with developing his game last season, which culminated in his selection for the World Cup.

Please god somebody buy Paulinho.

How much money does van Persie earn?

I have no idea what that means.

Tiny note on the left: "Arturo Vidal has sold his house in Turin, according to the Italian press."

Note above the "title" of the article: "The Chilean is the Red Devils' obsession"

Title: "Manchester United offers Vidal the same salary as Van Persie's".

Below the title: "The Dutchman earns $18M a year. Juventus hopes that the British club pays $67M for the midfielder, although the state of his knee remains a concern."

Actual article: "While Manchester United begins a tour in Los Angeles, United States, the executives of the English club work fully in order to sign the players that new manager, Louis van Gaal, wants.
In this list, one of the priorities is Chilean, Arturo Vidal. And to sign him, the Red Devils are willing to offer him, AT LEAST, the same salary as Robin van Persie's: $18 million per year.
The English club's intention is to rapidly agree to a deal with the player, even before reaching one with Juventus, who owns his pass. To do this, the English club is willing to exceed the salary that the world class Chilean midfielder earns in Italy's most popular club.
After renewing his contract until 2017, Vidal became the highest earner at the club from Turin, with revenues reaching $15M for season.
If a deal is agreed, "King Arturo" would become, alongside the Dutchman, the second highest earner at the Red Devils. The highest earner is Wayne Rooney, who after renewing his contract, now receives $27M per year.
The main obstacle is another one. Apart from the $67M that Juventus set as a price to sell him - although the sporting director Giuseppe Marotta said that "the player is not for sale", Juve need cash - the status of Arturo Vidal's operated knee remains a worry for Manchester.
There's more. Officials from the Red Devils have made various calls to doctors from the Chilean national team in order to know the truth about the status of Vidal's lateral meniscus, where he was operated on the 7th of May and also about his participation in the World Cup.
Regardless, the star from la Roja has already shown some signs that he will not remain in la "Vecchia Signora", because, according to the Italian press, "Celia Punk" [A nickname for Vidal, apparently], has sold the house in which he resided in Turin and in all statements he has made after the World Cup, he has avoided ratifying his continuity in the Italian champion."
Gray note below the article: "$27 million is the current salary of Englishman Wayne Rooney at Manchester United. He is the highest earner of the team.

That.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I never knew RvP was on that much, hope he has a better season than last, his ratio was actually alright but we cant have him out for half the season, we cannot replace his goals.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mindbending facts in that article

Sold his house? All the way from Chile? He's not even in Italy.

"Juve need cash" :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom