• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Kaka to Sao Paulo via Orlando City was rumored about 10 days ago (Orlando City is a long, long rumor) but one Milan poster mentioned a day or two ago that it looked like the move would not happen and Kaka's contract would remain in place with Milan. This new story is suggesting the move is back on.

ESPN (Latam) confirmed it today too.

Clegg

United Bros I'm very disappointed in your lack of muppetry. This wasn't discussed anywhere near enough.

James Ducker @ DuckerTheTimes

I reckon MUFC will sign at least two more players. A centre half and another midfielder, from the conversations I had today.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Jong, not only did he hint at looking for another club

But he's also Dutch and plays under LvG already

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Seems like Ben Davies could be our first signing? I like him, with him and Rose as LBs I would be satisfied.

Our last Welsh left back turned out pretty good.

Clegg

Sounds like it could be Vidal/Kroos + Miranda/Vermaelen.

Or not. Fuck knows.
Vidal/Kroos would be very tricky to pull off. Like Viva said, Woodward has done well but the two signings he has made were relatively straightforward and not a patch on the difficulty that we'd face trying to sign from Juve or Bayern.

Personally I'd be happy with someone like De Jong for a couple of seasons and then going for Strootman when he's fit.

dc89

Got some good tips from someone I know who knows his stuff. I have never heard of any of this lot:

98NhlB6.png

K0iGDRL.png

P60qeUm.png

uGvqdgo.png

Parlay Price has a rival. And he's not 3Sixty. As he is in a league of his own.

K1LLER7

Got some good tips from someone I know who knows his stuff. I have never heard of any of this lot:

Parlay Price has a rival. And he's not 3Sixty. As he is in a league of his own.
Buy me a Wii U ;)

Galatasary Rejected Moyes?! Looool

K1LLER7

GUYS!!!!

AdamCrofton
"Understand #mufc to sign one central defender, one more central midfielder this summer. Vermaelen/Vidal would be the ideal. Then the exodus!"

Another journo backing DuckerTimes.

YES VIDAL

operon

Fucking hell the entire Uruguay team is beyond fucking deluded.

Can't wait until they get knocked out. Fucking cretins.
They just can't stand the injustice done to suarez. The insensitivity of FIFA kicking him out interrupting the team dinner. I mean they didn't even let him have one last bite with his team mates.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Purge the waters Van Gahl, Purge them good, let the tide sweep away the deadwood and a new ship be built upon the shore.

Based LvG

dc89

Don't leave us guessing, how much did you make? And what the fuck at PR Cat?!

1 - I made like £40 profit off £7. Not 3Sixty money but I'm happy with that. I was dubious.
2 - I lost a bet to Wilbz. Spain v Holland, I said holland wouldn't score. When they did score I said they would not score again. When they did, at 2-1 I said they wouldn't win. I was so confident I said if they did I will have a LvG avatar for a while.

The time scale was never determined.

Buy me a Wii U ;)

Galatasary Rejected Moyes?! Looool

Ok. £160 to go yet.

Clegg

Curious to see how we line up next season. I assume Herrera will play in central midfield, but by all accounts his best performances this season came as a number 10. Up to him and LvG to get the best out if him in a deeper role. Still think we need another cm who can dictate the pace of a game.

Curious to see how we line up next season. I assume Herrera will play in central midfield, but by all accounts his best performances this season came as a number 10. Up to him and LvG to get Tue best out if him in a deeper role. Still this we need another cm who can dictate the pace if a game.

Not a fucking chance in hell we've signed him as an AM. Not even entertaining the thought.

Meier

I'll be surprised if Pelle isn't another Jozy. His record of scoring was awful for his entire career until the last 2 seasons with Feyenoord.. certainly some cause for concern. Impressed by his English though. Handsome fella.

Clegg

Not a fucking chance in hell we've signed him as an AM. Not even entertaining the thought.
He'll definitely play as a cm and apparently he's quite good there too. But he definitely excelled as a 10 this year. His strengths include work rate and defensive contribution so that'll be an asset. But as good as I think he can be for us, we'll still need another quality midfield signing.

LegoArmo

Mitten still says Hummels is United's number 1 priority, if the internet isn't lying to me.

I really don't get Vermaelen, and are you guys forgetting that De Jong is a cunt, and played for City? Being Dutch doesn't excuse that!

He'll definitely play as a cm and apparently he's quite good there too. But he definitely excelled as a 10 this year. His strengths include work rate and defensive contribution so that'll be an asset. But as good as I think he can be for us, we'll still need another quality midfield signing.

From memory he started out really bad there (AM) and wasn't getting in the team. Eventually adapted. Could be wrong.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Is he a good presser? Its sickening how bad we are at pressing teams, no-one seems to have the energy to do it save Wellbeck, we just let them saunter around unchallenged. Like fucking England.

LegoArmo

Is he a good presser? Its sickening how bad we are at pressing teams, no-one seems to have the energy to do it save Wellbeck, we just let them saunter around unchallenged. Like fucking England.

Moyes knackered the players with his archaic training methods.

Clegg

From memory he started out really bad there (AM) and wasn't getting in the team. Eventually adapted. Could be wrong.
That's what I've read. Not gonna lie, I haven't seen much of him play this season and I'm just going off impressions from journos who've been impressed by his performances. He was also dropped because he pushed for the move last summer and was being put back in his place.

But yeah, someone to dictate the pace of a game is also needed imo. Or at least a hard bastard who can break up play. Was hoping Fellaini could do that, but he's just so slow.

Clegg

I've no idea if he's any good at that. But judging from Hollands performances in this World Cup, pressing when the opposition has the ball is something LvG will implement at United.

FootballFan

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/26/neymar-luiz-felipe-scolari-brazil-world-cup-2014

This is a great article on Neymar. Ronay reels himself in a bit too cos sometimes he does over-do it.

Objectively speaking it's simply insane the kind of pressure Neymar is under. Ridiculous for any human bean to face that type of scrutiny and to carry so much weight. Honestly he's brilliant.

The amount of pressure for a 22 year old playing his first world cup is just ridiculous..

And he still takes it and carries it like a goat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom