• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I've no idea if he's any good at that. But judging from Hollands performances in this World Cup, pressing when the opposition has the ball is something LvG will implement at United.

Cant wait, not expecting huge changes so early given the WC but hopefully by the end of the season well have a solid model going forward. Cant be greedy, no matter who we sign from here on top 4 has to be the aim.

scently

Cant wait, not expecting huge changes so early given the WC but hopefully by the end of the season well have a solid model going forward. Cant be greedy, no matter who we sign from here on top 4 has to be the aim.

He can press very well. It was one of the first thing I noticed in the bilbao/madrid match.

Also, see our game in the Europa.

I know a Milan fan was sad that it seemed like it may be off, but it looks like Kaka to Sao Paulo via Orlando City should be confirmed soon per Brazilian site UOL.com:

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/61904_kaka_to_join_sao_paulo_on_loan_from_orlando_city.html
It's time to leave for Kakà. Not even close to the player he once was, should leave and enjoy the US while he still can.

De Jong, not only did he hint at looking for another club

But he's also Dutch and plays under LvG already
Yurt.

Don't.

Pls.

Also, he eventually said that he wants to keep playing with us, it looked like he wasn't going to stay right before we signed Inzaghi as our coach. Galliani will offer him a new contract once the WC is over.

I'd take De Jong.
No, you wouldn't. He's not good. Let him stay with us. Go for whoever decent player is left at inter. They're better.

Pls :(

Arnie

Origi, Lallana, Can, Markovic, Moreno, Sanchez and Rickie Lambert

And all the while Arsene Wenger's played fucking beach volleyball

EmiPrime

I would be delighted if we got Schneiderlin. He was excellent for France this week and should probably start on monday.

WJD

Everyone pls get your balls checked regularly.

Even just to confirm lumps are cysts or something. Just do it.

Jarnet87

GUYS!!!!

AdamCrofton
"Understand #mufc to sign one central defender, one more central midfielder this summer. Vermaelen/Vidal would be the ideal. Then the exodus!"

Another journo backing DuckerTimes.

YES VIDAL

the only thing that is possibly more exciting then new signings is the long needed mass exodus. Cleverly, Young, Welbeck, Nani all gone. A man can dream.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tabarez attended the usual pre-match Press conference in Rio de Janeiro, but refused to take questions and instead only read out a statement.

“This is an excessively severe decision and caused by the media attack that started right after the game with Italy,” said Tabarez.

“The journalists only speak about this issue. I don’t know what country they were from, but they all spoke English...

“With this ban, who wins? Who loses? Who benefits? Will it avoid incidents like this from happening again? I doubt it very much, because they’ve happened before.

“In this tournament we saw similar incidents to those of Suarez and Chiellini, but they were punished differently.

“We all know where power lies. The power is in the hands of the organisers. But I will not discuss that. That doesn't mean we should accept it and agree with the discriminatory nature of that power.

“I have been a teacher in my life and I present the theory of the scapegoat: you know about the psychology of it all.

“When giving a punishment to someone who commits a transgression - not a crime - so that the whole group will know what is good, what is bad, what is wrong, what is correct, what ought to be done, and what shouldn't.

“We agree with the principle, but there is a danger proceeding this way. We forget the scapegoat is a person who has rights.

“In this specific case, of Luis Suarez, besides the mistakes he might have committed, he's made significant contributions to football on the pitch, the essence of World Cups. They depend upon the contributions by such great players.

“In conclusion, our vision is obviously very subjective, but we know the protagonist of this incident well, not just through the profile that is painted of him, and the decision is excessively severe.”

Tabarez also announced he was quitting his role within FIFA in analysing international matches in protest at the ban.

“As a member of FIFA’s Technical Study Group, at this moment I don’t think it is wise or prudent to be in an organisation with people who exerted pressure to promote this decision, who managed procedures and use very different criteria and values to my own.

“For this reason in the coming days I will file my resignation to that position formally. I tell the Uruguayan fans that we are hurt, but with an incredible desire to prove ourselves.”

I CAN

NOT

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I have to make a text-based poster from the lyrics of one song. I chose Queen - Don't stop me now because is very easy to picture and popular enough

First of all, good choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

2nd, the background is VERY cool, but the text on Freddie looks very...congested? Spread it around!

Ingeniero

LOL
All this clowns defending Suarez including Tabarez..... smh...

Are they not aware that the punishment was so hard because this is the THIRD time he has done this shit and the cunt won't learn?

It's pure comedy now.

Barzul

Alright I'm out.

Wes please ban me if Schneiderlin leaves

https://vine.co/v/MFzA13U1aFm

1386645667739.jpg

dc89

If we ever do a meet up Nuggets will be the food of choice. We will dine on them like there's no tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom