• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

My favourite crossover between football and popular culture is the episode of Porridge where they escape from prison under the guise of playing a football game.

Mimosa97

3/2nd and the FA Cup and I'm happy

I was ecstatic when we won the cup last season but this year I just don't care tbh.
I don't want us to finish in 2nd place and feel like we had a great season. I want us to finish in shitty 4th position as usual just so we know our rightful place. We had a great run in the last few months but I don't care. I'm tired of hitting the same ceiling every season. I'm tired of watching half the team spend most of their season at the infirmary. I'm tired of losing stupid games due to the same mistakes and flaws year after year. I felt way less frustration when we couldn't win a trophy but at least we had hope.

FootballFan

Who is the 2015 balloon going to?

My vote is for Lahm.

He's out of position and still so good.

If Pep used him at right back and had a fit team. The semis would have been so different.

My favourite crossover between football and popular culture is the episode of Porridge where they escape from prison under the guise of playing a football game.

Mandarin watching a Liverpool game in Iron Man 3 for me. Just a wee bit of football as loads of other shit goes on around it

He had an okay season which is way better than I expected from him ... He'll always be a legend but he needs to pass the torch.

I don't know why they can't buy someone like Lloris and be done with it. Dude isn't worse than De Gea and doesn't cost half as much. I guess they want a spanish goalkeeper at all cost.

Lloris is a not a good football goaltender

All these idiots breaking the rules and then getting banned LMAO richly deserved. Fuck off to some shit place like the Bore where no one gives a shit what you post.

Fellow ArsenalGAF - do you think Sanchez should be player of the season? IMO Hazard is lucky to be playing alongside someone equally as good in Willian

Linius

At the moment I'm listening to Run the Jewels whilst watching some old footage of my favourite soccer club Ajax. Already thinking about the croissants I'm gonna have for breakfast tomorrow.

Disclaimer: I'm perfectly happy with the moderation.

Mimosa97

Lloris is a not a good goaltender.

He was great with Lyon and he's still the man with our national team. He's in a shitty club and he's trying his best. Give him a good opportuniy and you'll see him rise to the challenge. He needs to get out of that cesspool and find a proper team.

All these idiots breaking the rules and then getting banned LMAO richly deserved. Fuck off to some shit place like the Bore where no one gives a shit what you post.

Fellow ArsenalGAF - do you think Sanchez should be player of the season? IMO Hazard is lucky to be playing alongside someone equally as good in Willian

I actually think Sanchez has been the best. Lol at anyone who thinks otherwise.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
If barca lose copa final, lose cl final, lose both la liga games and madrid get la liga. Then the race is wide open again.

Needs at least la liga to secure it

barca will lose both liga games and it wont matter, madrid has been broken and wont win again

I actually think Ramsey has been really good because of how he plays football. Unfortunately there's some players that have played football probably better than Ramsey so I can see how he might not win awards.

scabro

I actually think Ramsey has been really good because of how he plays football. Unfortunately there's some players that have played football probably better than Ramsey so I can see how he might not win awards.
i think the way he kicks a ball to pass it to his teammates, runs all around the pitch, and strikes the ball towards the goal are all pretty above average. However, sometimes such attributes in football are not adequately appreciated.

LOOOOOOOOOL This is Suen right? Right?

No arsenal fan is this deluded.

What are you talking about? Monaco knocked us out when Chambers was injured, and Welbeck was clearly unfit. With those two playing fully fit we can beat any team in Europe. We already beat Barca once, and Juventus are just some shit Italian side like the rest of them. Doesn't prove anything that you can dominate there. Even Lazio are doing well and they are just remnants of the Hitler youth.

i think the way he kicks a ball to pass it to his teammates, runs all around the pitch, and strikes the ball towards the goal are all pretty above average. However, sometimes such attributes in football are not adequately appreciated.

He's excellent at being good. I just wish people would appreciate that.

If we hadn't fucked up vs Monaco I think we can beat both these teams

Woah. Come on my man. You've been the best team in Europe but that you're pushing it a little far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom