• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Norwich or Boro for the playoff final?

I'm hoping Wycombe, Swindon and Boro win their playoffs. Would love Boro back in the EPL.

Suen

LOOOOOOOOOL This is Suen right? Right?

No arsenal fan is this deluded.
I don't see anything wrong with that statement. Yes we fucked up in the first leg letting Monaco score and they deserved to go through but their performance at home didn't exactly show that they were any better. Winning against Juve and a broken Madrid wouldn't have been impossible. Barca would probably trash us though.

Pennywise

I don't see anything wrong with that statement. Yes we fucked up in the first leg letting Monaco score and they deserved to go through but their performance at home didn't exactly show that they were any better. Winning against Juve and a broken Madrid wouldn't have been impossible. Barca would probably trash us though.

You already deserved to win against Anderlecht, but the worldclass team of Anderlecht is hard to beat usually.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyways who do you think is going to win the Manchester v Arsenal football match?

Dont lie.

Just dont want to get humiliated, id take a draw

Also last home game, wonder if Gaal will say a few words ala Ferguson/Giggs

Messi

I thought he meant Barca :( . I would think Madrid would trash arsenal too.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think it will be a mirror of the last game in terms of Arsenal going all out, not sure we have the goals in us at the moment to break them.

Hopefully their finishing is as woeful :eek:

Arsenal will win 3-1. Quote me. Bookmark me.

I thought he meant Barca :( . I would think Madrid would trash arsenal too.

I did mean Barca. They are nothing special. Sanchez would kill Alves and Cazorla would outthink Bisquets. Messi is good but not Henry level imho, Koscielny is used to training with players like him so could handle him.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
where does usage of the word "cunt" fall when in a football context in this new and improved football thread?

If it's football related it's probably fine.

Example: Vincent Kompany is a cunt for having an affair with Zabaleta's wife. I hope this ruins them and Saints win next week.

Mr Cola

Heres a question, if Falcao did the business in the last two games, would that change anyones mind about him staying? Id say no personally, though id love to see it.

https://youtu.be/RT6tUK1WbC4

Suarez really is a cut above the rest of LOL Liga when it comes to his insatiable desire to please and down-to-earth cunt guy attitude which we can all relate to.

Dude is a bonafide SITH like in them angry space movies, like the one coming out later this year, which could service a guy like Suarez very nice. because of his salicious devilish feet and eye for goal.

FORZA JUVE

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Potentially future friends, I've decided that I would like to watch football, which is a little harder since I am in the US and the games are on early in the morning and I don't have any regional allegiance. I don't want to bandwagon the best team because that's no fun. As of right now, just based on name alone I am thinking of lending my sword to Arsenal, The Hot Spurs or Crystal Palace. Which of these teams is the least big mistake?
Woo me to your side.

Potentially future friends, I've decided that I would like to watch football, which is a little harder since I am in the US and the games are on early in the morning and I don't have any regional allegiance. I don't want to bandwagon the best team because that's no fun. As of right now, just based on name alone I am thinking of lending my sword to Arsenal, The Hot Spurs or Crystal Palace. Which of these teams is the least big mistake?
Woo me to your side.

I'm a Manchester supporter but I have to say you've got to support Arsenal. Every year they win the deserve league and the fourth place league.

Lashley

Woo me to your side.

Arsenal

You'll NEVER be bored, trust me.

Fuck Spuds.

scabro

Woo me to your side.
I recommend following West Ham United. They play beautiful flowing football and have a very classy manager.

Esch

Banned
Dortmund really got arrogant after they won the league in the last years.
Truly something you wouldn't see happening with Arsenal.
Not arrogant, just found out for being one-track minded on the field and injuries and having their players sold.

Definitely.... wouldn't.... see that at arsenal?

JgZs64Q.png

FootballFan

Woo me to your side.

I support a relatively small club, and don't have any hate for any of those teams you listed as they're in a different league.

But Arsenal are the greatest club on earth after FC Barcelona, very likeable team. You wouldn't be a glory Hunter for being a goner(Arsenal fan) either.

Woo me to your side.
If you like shit teams who look at past glories constantly and celebrate players leaving like they are retiring in an awkward and completely devoid of self-awareness way, and are racist apologists to boot, then there's only one team for you. Liverpool FC.

Suen

Woo me to your side.
Parma is the way to go my friend. After 13 years of financial issues they are finally making profit, and they've done incredibly well the two most recent seasons. Media is going on about them as an emerging Italian powerhouse. Parma is the right way to go.

Probity

Woo me to your side.

Pfft. You're in the US too? Wait another year, forget the premfaces. Fox Sports will air the Bundesliga starting 2016 for American audiences. Don't pretend a team called West Ham is cooler sounding than Borussia Mönchengladbach.

I don't know who you should follow. The bandwagon teams are traditionally Manchester United, Manchester City, and Chelsea in England. Arsenal is filled with consistent disappointment the whole last decade, even when they get close. Liverpool was cool last season but got pretty much frustrating to watch again. Crystal Palace is not a good team, but they smacked up Gerrard. Tottenham is the arch rival of Arsenal, which we need more of here. Too many Arsenal fans.

In Germany, the only teams anyone can consider bandwagon are Bayern and Dortmund. Both fun to watch
with the exception of this season.
I'd recommend Wolfsburg or Leverkusen if you choose German teams, they are mostly attacking and exciting when they do well.

It would help more if you hinted at what you like about teams and that sort of thing. Hard to tell you which team is a good fit without knowing what you are looking for.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Friends, I want a team that is mid tier but has potential to contend. A team that has the potential to suck horribly and be great at the same time. I want the sweet and sour baby.
Do people have teams across multiple leagues or do you mainly stick to one team. I don't normally like sports but I LOVE the fuck out of the World Cup. I want in on the day to day action now.

FootballFan

Friends, I want a team that is mid tier but has potential to contend. A team that has the potential to suck horribly and be great at the same time. I want the sweet and sour baby.
Do people have teams across multiple leagues or do you mainly stick to one team. I don't normally like sports but I LOVE the fuck out of the World Cup. I want in on the day to day action now.

Do not support multiple teams m8

Arsenal is all you need in your life

Probity

Probably won't have any of those in the Bundesliga, but Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are still upper echelon potential teams. The latter competes quite well against Bayern (the league leaders).

In England, I guess Liverpool? Tottenham on a good season? I really don't want to say Arsenal, but they almost fit.

I almost exclusively follow my hometown team, Bayern München, but you find people here that support various teams to much scrutiny.\

Edit: Here is the question then. Do you want an old but fancy as hell French manager stubbornly leading his team to 4th and now a 3rd place spot? Or do you want an up-and-coming young fancy manager with attacking mindset that can either lead a team to almost winning the league or completely trashing it up but managing to get 5th place?

Liverpool is the team for you.

Messi

One team, don't be a two teamer or a 10 teamer like Pulga. Arsenal seems like the club for you. Them or Liverpool.

Lashley

Definitely Arsenal

scabro

almost everyone has teams they support across all leagues, those who do not are normally looked upon unfavorably.

Some have even been referred to as "single team cunts". I suggest Arsenal, Real Madrid, and Parma. You get a little bit of everything with each. Some bittersweetness, some corruption, and a whole hell of a lot of corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom