• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've lurked in these threads for years and years. It has literally gone through a good 4 or 5 "purges" where the regulars get above their station and then either depart or the mods intervene and force them out.

Within a couple of months the thread will be bristling, full of activity and on the ascendancy again. I'm sure a few others who post very sporadically will know what I mean.
sounds lovely. I'll check it out next season

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If Gotze is indeed available, I wonder who will sign him?

Would like him at Arsenal but do we really need him? I'd rather we got Benzema but I don't think that's ever happening.

I want another striker rather than a cam or winger, I just worry if Rooney gets an injury who picks up the goals?

Wilson is a real talent but I'm not sure he's ready for thae kind of expectations staring for United carries.

Mastadon

Banned
It makes me sad to see most of our rivals playing well and us (Liverpool) still playing like we did last season.

People read far too much in to these preseason games. Man Utd had a fantastic preseason last year too, beating Madrid 3-1, but they weren't able to transition in the season at the same level.

Chelsea lost to a reserve MLS team too lol.

Jarnet87

I want another striker rather than a cam or winger, I just worry if Rooney gets an injury who picks up the goals?

Wilson is a real talent but I'm not sure he's ready for thae kind of expectations staring for United carries.

Problem is finding a striker content to sit the bench. Buying a top striker means playing 2 up front or dropping Rooney a bit deeper to play CF or AM which I feel like he can't really do anymore, or at least not without an extremely hard working striker or one that can create space for him to run into. Chicharito is the best option we have currently to play with Rooney up front. As much as I like Rooney there are times when I wish we had moved on and sold him, would have given managers a lot more freedom with the team.

Its great seeing Jesse Lingard have another great preseason, but its time we see if he can turn that preseason form into production during the season. If he's not gonna be playing with the first team he needs to be loaned to a prem team, and if not sell him. Guy will be 23 in December.

People read far too much in to these preseason games. Man Utd had a fantastic preseason last year too, beating Madrid 3-1, but they weren't able to transition in the season at the same level.

Chelsea lost to a reserve MLS team too lol.

And Red Bulls had just gotten rid of their expensive designates players. I think their entire wage budget is 3.5m USD.

Mourinho is right though, preseason is fake.

Maddox

It makes me sad to see most of our rivals playing well and us (Liverpool) still playing like we did last season.

It's pre season you silly sausage. The whole point of it is to get fit and try new things for the coming season, it means nothing.

nitewulf

I'm ok with this, obviously Wolfsburg is a very good team...its a good test. This Adelaide kid is...exiting! I love technically gifted players that actual use their skills.

Lashley

Great performance.

Worry for any team who plays us at the Emirates this season.

Adelaide is a fantastic player. Really hope he doesn't get better and then leave us for a rival.

Vinter

Wolfsburg have proved to be a better challenge than Lyon, that is for sure. It is obvious that Arsenal needs to replace Arteta though.

Lashley

Wolfsburg have proved to be a better challenge than Lyon, that is for sure. It is obvious that Arsenal needs to replace Arteta though.

Yeah, not sure why he was given an extension. He's a leader in the dressing room, but he doesn't add much on the pitch.

jF8jelhl.jpg

Mista

Banned
Arsenal were alright today. As we were playing against the team who came second last season and destroyed Bayern.

Vinter

Yeah, not sure why he was given an extension. He's a leader in the dressing room, but he doesn't add much on the pitch.

It seems Wenger has more belief in him than anybody else. Would not be the first time would it? :p

Arsenal were alright today. As we were playing against the team who came second last season and destroyed Bayern.

Yes, they definitely played decent considering the opposition. Fair play to Wolfsburg playing on Arsenals weaknesses. And I could see why Kevin De Bruyne is player of the year. Everything Wolfsburg did was through him. Never impressed me at Chelsea, but seems to have benefited immensely from the switch.

Mista

Banned
Thought we did brilliantly in the second half

True, still nowhere near yesterdays performance

Yes, they definitely played decent considering the opposition. Fair play to Wolfsburg playing on Arsenals weaknesses. And I could see why Kevin De Bruyne is player of the year. Everything Wolfsburg did was through him. Never impressed me at Chelsea, but seems to have benefited immensely from the switch.

Agreed. Kevin developed A LOT after moving to Wolfsburg

He didn't got much of playing time at Chelsea but the kid showed he got what it takes

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Can anyone tell me about Jose Rodriguez from Real Madrid B?
Only thing I remember is that he was touted as a very good talent and considered a potential Xavi Alonso successor a couple years ago but he doesn't seem to have developed as promised.
He's supposedly agreed to a 4 year deal with Galatasaray.

Turok_TTZ

Can anyone tell me about Jose Rodriguez from Real Madrid B?
Only thing I remember is that he was touted as a very good talent and considered a potential Xavi Alonso successor a couple years ago but he doesn't seem to have developed as promised.
He's supposedly agreed to a 4 year deal with Galatasaray.
Hes alright but he should have left madrid sooner imo.
Galatasaray? This is news to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom