• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says he wants a superstar.

I just don't know who is available who fits that bill, we are just about to sell a player he thought was a superstar.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i only now noticed and tevez and pirlo left/were kicked out of juventus. do they have anything to replace them with?

edit: vidal too, apparently.

Jarnet87

I just don't know who is available who fits that bill, we are just about to sell a player he thought was a superstar.

Muller has a superstar price, and is a superstar player IMO, but maybe not to everyone. Doubt Bayern sell though. Antonio Griezmann has a superstar price as well and actually fits quite well. Can play the wing and last year starred up front up Atletico. The whole Ronaldo or Bale thing to United is so far out of touch, Madrid hate losing players. it's okay for them to treat a player like shit and move them out if they want to, but how dare someone try and steal a player from them. Perez won't let either of them go until he is ready to dump them.

i only now noticed and tevez and pirlo left/were kicked out of juventus. do they have anything to replace them with?

edit: vidal too, apparently.

Well they've brought in a nice amount of players, though not exactly like for like. Mandzukic and Dybala will likely start up front, and Draxler is expected to be sown up soon. I expect their midfield to be Pogba (unless Barca move for him), Khedira, Marchisio, and Draxler. They lose out on Pirlo's playmaking and tempo control, but they get a much more industrial midfielder in Khedira.

Muller has a superstar price, and is a superstar player IMO, but maybe not to everyone. Doubt Bayern sell though. Antonio Griezmann has a superstar price as well and actually fits quite well. Can play the wing and last year starred up front up Atletico. The whole Ronaldo or Bale thing to United is so far out of touch, Madrid hate losing players. it's okay for them to treat a player like shit and move them out if they want to, but how dare someone try and steal a player from them. Perez won't let either of them go until he is ready to dump them.

Yeah I doubt they would let Muller go which is a shame I'm a big fan of his and yeah Griezmann was fantastic upfront last season. Personally I would break the bank to get him he would fit right in for us, still young bags of talent and will just get stronger.

Meier

4-0 now, another from Sterling after a wonderful ball from Iheanacho. Hurt his back when tracking back and making a tackle before this though.. hopefully it's not too bad. He played on and scored this second one.

Kill3r7

There aren't many word class forwards/wingers available for sale. I think Van Gaal was referring to Pedro who IMO is not a superstar.

Meier

Can't wait to see Aguero added into the mix. Silva and Sterling are linking up so well together these few games. 6-0 after Sterling assists Silva.

Mista

Banned
Beautiful.

E527hnW.png

Jarnet87

Letting Tevez & Vidal go is so stupid. Still, they will win the league..

yeah Juventus should walk the league, Roma is still their closest competition. AC Milan and Inter are pathetic, thought Inter has had a decent window buying Kondogbia, Miranda and I forgot who else. AC Milan spending 30 million Euros on Bacca is lawls.

Meier

Inter are getting Jovetic as well. They should be a lock for top 4 you'd think. Milan.. who knows what is going on with them.

Mista

Banned
yeah Juventus should walk the league, Roma is still their closest competition. AC Milan and Inter are pathetic, thought Inter has had a decent window buying Kondogbia, Miranda and I forgot who else. AC Milan spending 30 million Euros on Bacca is lawls.

No competition for Juventus at all with their current squad. I find Inter doing good tbh so I dont find them pathetic. They just recently got Jovetic too.

Vinter

^I agree. As good as Vidal is, he is in questionable health, and he was a top earner at Juventus. Adding the rather poor performance in the Champions League final and his age and I can see why Juventus decided to cash out.

leadbelly

Banned

To be honest, I've always thought Bale was better suited for United. It would have been a team built around him. Their style of play would have been more accommodating to his strengths. At Real, even though he scored a decent amount of goals in his first season, he has never looked comfortable there. In a lot of matches I've watched he looked completely lost. He just seems to go missing for chunks of the game. Part of the problem is everything tends to centre around Ronaldo. Bale is just left there on the wing.

If he doesn't make a big impact this season I think they will sell him. I can't helping thinking he would have wasted his time if that happens. He would be 27 years old, and during that time he might have developed better as a player if he went to Utd instead.

We'll see how things turn out under Benitez. Maybe he will get the best out of him.

leadbelly

Banned
Actually, there was a lot of talk of Real wanting Eden Hazard last season. I think that was true because why wouldn't they? Eden Hazard was happy at Chelsea though.

There were also a lot of rumours surrounding Bale going to Utd last season.

I actually think Real would have sold Bale last season if they were able to get Hazard.

Perez loves Bale too much to sell him unless he has a really abysmal season. I can see Ronaldo at PSG either next year or the year after, Hazard at Madrid and Pogba at Barcelona.

Perez loves Bale too much to sell him unless he has a really abysmal season. I can see Ronaldo at PSG either next year or the year after, Hazard at Madrid and Pogba at Barcelona.

Cant wait until Real break the transfer record for Hazard!

Not sure he will leave us yet, I think he has 2/3 left, depending on CL success

Mista

Banned
Actually, there was a lot of talk of Real wanting Eden Hazard last season. I think that was true because why wouldn't they? Eden Hazard was happy at Chelsea though.

There were also a lot of rumours surrounding Bale going to Utd last season.

I actually think Real would have sold Bale last season if they were able to get Hazard.

Who doesn't Real Madrid want FFS?

Jack cw

I wouldn't want someone like that on my team. That said, ignoring his behavior, he's not the youngest (nor cheapest) and there's some doubt about his health.
I would because we dont have a guy like him in the squad. After Mandzukic left, Ribery out we became tigers with no teeth. And what urban legends have you got this time? Health? He had an injury last year from which he recovered and performed better than ever and if you compare his completed games the last 3 years with Schweinsteiger for example you will notice he played considerably more games because he wasnt injured. Same kind of fairytale about his red cards and all.
^I agree. As good as Vidal is, he is in questionable health, and he was a top earner at Juventus. Adding the rather poor performance in the Champions League final and his age and I can see why Juventus decided to cash out.
Funny. His performance made it possible for Juve to come this far to begin with. Messi is average then, because he always disappears in big finals according to that logic. And the health legend that some believe is also hilarious.

I love Mourinho's comments about Liverpool and United trying to buy the league. Such a hypocrite. Did Hazard, Fabregas and Costa all appear out of thin air?

Godan

I love Mourinho's comments about Liverpool and United trying to buy the league. Such a hypocrite. Did Hazard, Fabregas and Costa all appear out of thin air?

Yeah he said that about Arsenal too. This is coming from a guy who buys plays just to stop other teams getting them then doesn't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom