• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Dierce

I mean how will the country react ^
I think it would be the end of the Messi generation with Argentina. If they fail fail to qualify Messi will resign again, this time for good and so will other players like Agüero, Higuaín and Mascherano.

People in Argentina will blame them for the failure undeservedly and hire a coach that will only use local players who will fail to beat a single team going forward.

So the next matchday in 4 days is Brazil v Chile and Ecuador v Argentina

Brazil throws the game so Argentina is out of World Cup lol

Argentina looks out of gas

Honome

Lucky Argentina that Colombia lost so they just need to beat Equador on last round to get at least 5th spot.

jtan

If Colombia equalizes with Peru next game and Paraguay win next game, would Colombia be above or below Paraguay?( both would have 27 pts)

longdi

Banned
If messi goal had went in, Argentina will have qualified. Cant see them beating Ecuador, mentally and physically drained with how sampaoli high pressure game.

Sadly it's the end of their golden generation, won the youth wc and Olympic gold

Honome

If Colombia equalizes with Peru next game and Paraguay win next game, would Colombia be above or below Paraguay?( both would have 27 pts)

i think Paraguai because they will have 8 victories against only 7 from Colombia.

Detailed standings so far:

_20171005_183458w0uff.jpg

In that situation, Colombia would be on top thanks to better goal difference, unless Paraguay wins by a lot of goals.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I think even if we win against Peru, we might not qualify, but not sure.
No you’ll qualify if you beat Peru. Hell you’ll qualify even if you draw to Peru. The only way you don’t qualify is if you lose to Peru, and Argentina wins or draws against Ecuador (and they beat you by goal difference).

Dammit I forgot about Paraguay.

Argentina might be saved by the fact that Ecuador is already eliminated. Then again after today who knows what the hell will happen lol.

Top Bottom