• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
b9352f2fb7cbfea179cbd8b333540c70_large

this is so bad its good

Poor Torres just can't catch a break.

Clegg

Isn't Hazard>Moura>Zaha a RVP/Giroud style downgrade? Ditto with De Gea>Valdes. Worrying tbh.

Fergie will always take a gamble on players he sees a lot of potential in.

I'm not overly concerned.

We're well placed to take these gambles anyway. Top of the league, new revenue streams coming in every year that will allow us to supplement our current squad with talented players. And the best manager that British football has ever seen.

If Zaha can have a positive influence on the team then it'll have been worth the money.

kharma45

We're well placed to take these gambles anyway. Top of the league, new revenue streams coming in every year that will allow us to supplement our current squad with talented players. And the best manager that British football has ever seen.

If Zaha can have a positive influence on the team then it'll have been worth the money.

I can't see him not offering something different, at least he appears to be reasonably direct with his running and whilst it may be frustrating at times it'll be nice to see someone using FIFA skill moves a lot again like Ronaldo did, mixes it up a bit.

Salvadora

Going from Ligue 1 player of the year (two years in a row) to a Championship player who has yet to prove himself is Arsenal esque. Like Arsenal you might wake up a few years down the road with a mediocre squad if you are not careful.

Kyoufu

I think he's worth a shot in the defensive role.

Saints player of the season so far for me.

They don't really play DMs though. Cabaye and Sissoko can defend and attack. Valbuena, Matuidi, Ribery and Nasri terrorise defenders. Way too stacked to play a dedicated DM.

Clegg

Going from Ligue 1 player of the year (two years in a row) to a Championship player who has yet to prove himself is Arsenal esque. Like Arsenal you might wake up a few years down the road with a mediocre squad if you are not careful.

Nah.

Our young players may not develop into world beaters but they have a winning mentality which is completely non-existent at Arsenal.

We also aren't in the business of selling our best players to our domestic rivals.

Money may be tight at the moment but new revenue streams will be open to us in the near future. We'll have a bit more to spend if we really are desperate for a quality player.

Salvadora

Nah.

Our young players may not develop into world beaters but they have a winning mentality which is completely non-existent at Arsenal.

We also aren't in the business of selling our best players to our domestic rivals.
Rooney was close to going to City & Tevez did go to City. It will be interesting to see United after Scholes, Giggs and Ferguson retire. I have a feeling that winning mentality might not be staying long after.

kharma45

Rooney was close to going to City & Tevez did go to City. It will be interesting to see United after Scholes, Giggs and Ferguson retire. I have a feeling that winning mentality might not be staying long after.

We only had Tevez on loan though, but yeah he did turn us down when we made our offer.

So some respected Spurs ITK just posted about AVB and some snippets of info. Apparently he really wanted Hulk in the summer and got in a sulk when we didn't get him. Told Friedel he'd be no.1 this season, didn't want Vertonghen/Dempsey/Dembele/Ade. Not sure how much I believe to be honest but certainly wouldn't be surprised by it. He was pictured with Hulk in the summer!! (Olympics or some friendly?).

I think as he has said, he is learning from his mistakes at Chelsea and I think he has grown considerably, you can definitely see the Mourinho in him.

Clegg

The mentality is already there with or without Siggs and Scholes. And Fergie will be around for a few more years.

Rooney didn't go to City so that point hardly merits discussion. And Tevez was never our player to begin with.

An Arsenal like meltdown won't happen because United are simply better. Better players, better manager, better infrastructure and an executive board that actually knows what they're doing.

I may dislike the Glazers for restricting the club in the transfer market but in by 2017 our debt will be reduced and we'll have money to repay even more, or, to spend it on players.

There is going to be a period, after Fergie retires, when we'll probably struggle to challenge for titles. But nearly everything is in place for the next manager to take over. Add some quality players in certain areas and we'll be ready to go again.

3Sixty

I do think he'll get a French cap before the year is out.

Whether he holds a place down in the team of course, is another matter.

Meier

So some respected Spurs ITK just posted about AVB and some snippets of info. Apparently he really wanted Hulk in the summer and got in a sulk when we didn't get him. Told Friedel he'd be no.1 this season, didn't want Vertonghen/Dempsey/Dembele/Ade. Not sure how much I believe to be honest but certainly wouldn't be surprised by it. He was pictured with Hulk in the summer!! (Olympics or some friendly?).

I think as he has said, he is learning from his mistakes at Chelsea and I think he has grown considerably, you can definitely see the Mourinho in him.

I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have wanted Dembele and Vertonghen (hard to say about Ade or Dempsey) but I don't see any reason why the Friedel part wouldn't be true. Hulk was in London for the Olympics and AVB and him had a chat. Hulk's best season was under AVB so no reason he wouldn't want to be reunited.

Salvadora

The mentality is already there with or without Siggs and Scholes. And Fergie will be around for a few more years.

Rooney didn't go to City so that point hardly merits discussion. And Tevez was never our player to begin with.

An Arsenal like meltdown won't happen because United are simply better. Better players, better manager better infrastructure and an executive board that actually knows what they're doing.

I may dislike the Glazers for restricting the club in the transfer market but in by 2017 our debt will be reduced and we'll have money to repay even more, or, to spend it on players.
Rooney was considering going to City which does merit discussion in my opinion. That RVP interview indicates that Giggs & Scholes are still a big part of that squad so I imagine they do matter.

I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have wanted Dembele and Vertonghen (hard to say about Ade or Dempsey) but I don't see any reason why the Friedel part wouldn't be true. Hulk was in London for the Olympics and AVB and him had a chat. Hulk's best season was under AVB so no reason he wouldn't want to be reunited.

Well I can sort of see the reasoning behind Dembele, if he wanted Moutinho at the time and felt we were already well stacked we just needed one midfielder.

Vertonghen I find very hard to believe but that was a deal that was pretty much in place before AVB, whether he just feels he has little to no input in the transfers and thats why he felt unsure on them, I don't know.

I have to say though, I think AVBs squad rotation has been excellent so far, with the limited squad we have (we need a good back up winger! and another striker). Plus the injuries but everyone seems to be getting game time. Hopefully this means we can push on for the rest of the season unlike last year where we burnt out.

Koko

Banned
I do think he'll get a French cap before the year is out.

Whether he holds a place down in the team of course, is another matter.

Could be, I mean if Gourcuff still get called it, he has some chance. Maybe the information was wrong but I recall reading somewhere that the one the finish in 2nd in the Spain, France group gets eliminated, is it true? I'm pretty sure the the second best gets to play to the other second bests for the other groups, but that for some reason the group could only have 1 team qualifying or something like that

edit: Nevermind I found it:
"Because Group I has one team fewer than the others, matches against the sixth-placed team in each group are not included in this ranking. As a result, eight matches played by each team will count for the purposes of the second-placed table."
Now i know why I got confused

Clegg

Rooney was considering going to City which does merit discussion in my opinion. That RVP interview indicates that Giggs & Scholes are still a big part of that squad so I imagine they do matter.

It doesn't matter because he didn't go.

And I never said Giggs and Scholes didn't matter. The winning mentality will still be there when they retire. Of course they're a big part of the squad. But their influence isn't what it once was. We're getting by in the big games without them now.

That's something Arsene fucked up on. He jettisoned all the experienced winners and was left with a squad of kids who buckled under the pressure. SAF is making sure that won't happen to us.

And if we really are in trouble when SAF leaves, I think the Glazers would allow the new manager to spend big. United generates a lot of money and they want that. It's in their interests to keep us successful.

There will defo be a few rough years when SAF retires though.

Salvadora

They should fire all of the BBC Football "pundits". Completely shit, the lot of them.

It doesn't matter because he didn't go.

And I never said Giggs and Scholes didn't matter. The winning mentality will still be there when they retire. Of course they're a big part of the squad. But their influence isn't what it once was. We're getting by in the big games without them now.

That's something Arsene fucked up on. He jettisoned all the experienced winners was left with a squad of kids who buckled under the pressure. SAF is making sure that won't happen to us.
He was paid well not to go if I recall, and if he hadn't I wouldn't doubt at all that he would have left. Arsene fucked up unbelievably in a number of ways, especially with our experienced players.
Want a new av?

ibqVFvYBmgom65.jpg
Thank you! I'll switch tomorrow :)

60 million and Hulk is yours! For a limited time only we'll include a past his prime Bruno Alves FOR FREE!!!

60 million and Hulk is yours! For a limited time only we'll include a past his prime Bruno Alves FOR FREE!!!

To be fair, Hulk Adebayor Bale would be quite a front 3. In reality though, Hulk is too expensive and Adebayor has turned to shit.

Thank the lord for Lennon and Super Clint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom