• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Another gearbox failure for Vettel. A fitting end to the season.

OT3D2RS.gif

DBT85

According to AMuS, Eccestone and teams have agreed to standing starts after each safety car period in 2017.

Hmm, I thought the deal was that this was for wet race starts, not after every safety car.

So they'd start behind the SC, then once the track is ok then SC will peel in then they'll have a standing start.

ED: DP my bad.

Aiii

So not worth it
F1 Stream is barely watchable due to skipping. Lol.

Bernie gave Max flowers because he won the most DOTD awards lol.

Max then gave the flowers to the Ferrari PR lady.

I wont lie, that made me a bit sad. I'm old enough that these guys were starting out when I was first watching F1, and to see them leaving now really makes me realise just how much time has passed. :(

Aiii

So not worth it
Max was hungry also. Literally haha.

Here is the replay btw of the event. Without skipping haha. Hope they do it more often. Was pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7lFVc_ti7I

Yeah this was a great thing, just a relaxed setting for drivers to shoot the shit. Not sure if this is due to Liberty Media or who thought of this, but great initiative. FOM has been pretty good with their YT and video coverage all season, but this one takes the cake so far.

I wont lie, that made me a bit sad. I'm old enough that these guys were starting out when I was first watching F1, and to see them leaving now really makes me realise just how much time has passed. :(

Jesus, well if it helps, I was watching F1 before Max's dad (or KMag's dad, for that matter) made his F1 debut, so there's that.

DBT85

Jesus, well if it helps, I was watching F1 before Max's dad (or KMag's dad, for that matter) made his F1 debut, so there's that.

You read that and it sounds old, but Jos is only 44 and Jan is only 43!

My earliest F1 memories are of Mansell taking names in 1992. I was 7!

Led me to getting this badboy for Christmas. Was amazing being able to make the F1 tracks for each race weekend and pit Ferrari against Williams! Also got the digital lap timer and some cars with lights which were slower but looked great in the dark. Second best xmas gift I ever got. Still in my folks loft for when I have kids lol.

$_1.JPG

Fruitster

...and if it helps you, I remember watching Mansell's tire and WC hopes blow up live in Adelaide!

_45532693_manselltyre512.jpg

Poor old Mansell lost a few close title fights to things like that. Hurting himself in a crash at Suzuka while in a title scrap with Piquet - brakes failing (Suzuka again) in the title fight with Senna in 91.

Reliability was dreadful back then, so many drivers could have won more titles than they did had fate been different.

Zeknurn

I know this practice session doesn't mean shit but Vettel winning would be a great end of the season. I will change my avatar back to Maldonado if Vettel wins this race.

Like Davidson said, it's going to be rough in qualifying if drivers already have problems getting the tyres up in temperature.

DBT85

I know this practice session doesn't mean shit but Vettel winning would be a great end of the season. I will change my avatar back to Maldonado if Vettel wins this race.

Like Davidson said, it's going to be rough in qualifying if drivers already have problems getting the tyres up in temperature.

Watch Ferrari go and qualify 8th and 14th or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom