• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Abu Dhabi GP 2016 |OT| No matter who wins, the race will end in fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

Damn could have been 1:38 if not for the small error in s1. Let's see if he can get this time in round 2.

Mega lap by Lewis, no Verstappen fourth and Ricciardo on slower tires so Nico won't be too dissapointed.

The Mercs alot faster than the rest so yeah, Lewis needs a Nico DNF.

Mohonky

You're right, McLaren did hold on 3 years too long. They should have folded the racing team and saved themselves the embarrasment.

No they should have kept on Perez and let him help develop the car, every year Button was there it went backwards.

Orbis

He may not be champion but Hamilton is at least finishing the season on a massive high, especially if he wins the race tomorrow. Rosberg just doing what he needs to do now, he just has to stay out of shit on lap 1 tomorrow and he's done.

Also Max is not starting near Nico so he'll be super pleased with that.

Jibbed

Yo where the fuck did the Button hate come from all of a sudden?

Give the guy his moment, jeez. The yellow represents his WDC and there's a pink stripe on there in remembrance of his dad.

McLaren haven't just allowed him to use it, they've actually been pretty prominent sharing the design online.

No they should have kept on Perez and let him help develop the car, every year Button was there it went backwards.

You literally don't have a clue what you're talking about mate.

Spades

He may not be champion but Hamilton is at least finishing the season on a massive high, especially if he wins the race tomorrow. Rosberg just doing what he needs to do now, he just has to stay out of shit on lap 1 tomorrow and he's done.

Yep. The opposite to last season where it was Nico on a massive high.

Rodelero

Even four races ago, it felt a little unfair that Rosberg was leading the Championship. Four races later, it seems ten times more so. Rosberg won't be the least deserving WDC ever, by any means, but my word has he been lucky this year. Rosberg has had periods of genuine superiority this year, but those periods are not nearly so long, or nearly so dominant, as Hamilton's.

Rosberg will almost certainly win the WDC tomorrow, but he's certainly not winning it on his terms. He's going to win it in a way which makes it eminently clear that he isn't the best driver on the grid, or even close. If Rosberg's car fails tomorrow, it would be justice, but I very much doubt that will happen. Hopefully some of the non-Merc drivers can make it interesting.

DBT85

Yep. The opposite to last season where it was Nico on a massive high.

Lewis switched off after he won the championship to be fair.

Annoying that an inter team battle is going to decide the championship with mechanical failure being such a huge part of it.

Even four races ago, it felt a little unfair that Rosberg was leading the Championship. Four races later, it seems ten times more so. Rosberg won't be the least deserving WDC ever, by any means, but my word has he been lucky this year. Rosberg has had periods of genuine superiority this year, but those periods are not nearly so long, or nearly so dominant, as Hamilton's.

Rosberg will almost certainly win the WDC tomorrow, but he's certainly not winning it on his terms. He's going to win it in a way which makes it eminently clear that he isn't the best driver on the grid, or even close.

Let's not pretend that Nico was bothering the last 3 races here.

Mohonky

Yo where the fuck did the Button hate come from all of a sudden?

Give the guy his moment, jeez. The yellow represents his WDC and there's a pink stripe on there in remembrance of his dad.

McLaren haven't just allowed him to use it, they've actually been pretty prominent sharing the design online.

You literally don't have a clue what you're talking about mate.

I know everyone has thing for 'nice guy Button' but that car has gone to shit for every season he was there.

Brawn happen upon a good idea and they managed to get enough points bagged before anyone else managed to catch up, other than that I'd like to know what people have seen in him, multiple drivers were turned away or barely given a chance to do anything at McLaren during the time he spent at McLaren whinging incessantly.

He is literally the most unspectacular driver to have ever won a championship.

Rodelero

Let's not pretend that Nico was bothering the last 3 races here.

Of course he's bothering. He isn't taking massive risks for obvious reasons, but that is a completely focused decision. In fact, if it wasn't for quite a lot more luck on his part, he could well have lost points to the Red Bulls. There is no part of him which is intending to be so handily beaten by Hamilton. He would love to beat Hamilton on the track, he's just nowhere near good enough.

Of course he's bothering. He isn't taking massive risks for obvious reasons, but that is a completely focused decision. In fact, if it wasn't for quite a lot more luck on his part, he could well have lost points to the Red Bulls. There is no part of him which is intending to be so handily beaten by Hamilton. He would love to beat Hamilton on the track, he's just nowhere near good enough.

My point is Lewis's last 3 races have been won with minimal effort, Rosberg being calculated hardly makes this an undeserved Title. Let's face it Lewis is one of the GOAT in F1 and the fact Nico is leading after this long season shows how good he is.

We all complained when Webber was being spanked by Vettel so I think Nico deserves his title.

Massa

Then he's being complacent, which isn't a good trait. At least Hamilton won his championship before he eased off. I hope Rosberg loses for that reason alone.

No, being complacent would be losing many places at the start of races because you didn't bother to learn and practice the starting procedure. Rosberg is doing exactly what he needs to do, which is to maintain reliability and finish races.

Then he's being complacent, which isn't a good trait. At least Hamilton won his championship before he eased off. I hope Rosberg loses for that reason alone.

Disagree, what's the point of pushing hard and risk an engine/gearbox failure when you can coast your way to victory.

Which is still also the only way he'll lose the title tomorrow.

Rodelero

My point is Lewis's last 3 races have been won with minimal effort, Rosberg being calculated hardly makes this an undeserved Title. Let's face it Lewis is one of the GOAT in F1 and the fact Nico is leading after this long season shows how good he is.

We all complained when Webber was being spanked by Vettel so I think Nico deserves his title.

1) Webber wasn't really allowed to race Vettel. Red Bull operated a clear #2 driver policy with him. That is what would happen with Rosberg if the other teams were competitive.

2) Rosberg has been so poor in some of the recent races that he could have actually lost the WDC. Verstappen could easily have beaten Rosberg at Interlagos. Rosberg has continued to be pretty lucky right to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom