• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Anion

Not quite, now by Xbox won't let me install FH2 at all. It won't let me play or anything. This is with the new disc with no scratches. WTF!
Oh snap. When I first read your story, I was wondering if your Xbox had the issue...
Go call up/chat/tweet xbox support

mr stroke

You guys playing this Automatic or manual shifting?

I can't decide what is better since this is more of an arcade racer....

shermas

I uninstalled the demo and all the VIP/car pack/whatever I bought, then re-installed all the the add ons, but my VIP still isn't working. Oh well.

For now, just enjoying the game. The additional cars will be nice. It'd also be nice of the devs to hook us up with something since they pretty much botched the Day One perks.

I've got about 300,000 CR so far. Haven't spent a dime on cars or upgrades, just using the cars you get as you go thru the game.

Anyone who has joined a club, have you noticed club members (particularly people not already on your friends list) being integrated into your game?

For now, just enjoying the game. The additional cars will be nice. It'd also be nice of the devs to hook us up with something since they pretty much botched the Day One perks.

FWIW, the guys who went through this with Forza 5 in Nov. '13 got nothing. But it's not killing my enjoyment of the game either. I am saving my wheel spins, though.

shermas

Anyone who has joined a club, have you noticed club members (particularly people not already on your friends list) being integrated into your game?

FWIW, the guys who went through this with Forza 5 in Nov. '13 got nothing. But it's not killing my enjoyment of the game either. I am saving my wheel spins, though.

I was saving my spins, too, but I hit 'x' to start a bucket list challenge and, right as I hit the button, the 'you have spins' prompt came up, so I had to use a spin. Then, it wouldn't let me stop.. after the first spin, my only option was 'collect prize and spin again.' So, after saving up 6 or 7 spins, I ended up accidentally burning through all of them. That kind of sucked.

Uzny

I've been playing for about 3h now, reached level 15 (or so) and joined club de GAF. The game is everything I had hoped it would be; the sense of freedom, amazing vistas, moody rain, offroad events, challenges etc. And I haven't even touched online yet... Kudos to folks at Playground - job well done.

One more thing - ANNA is great! I love saying "anna, nearest event", to which she replies "no problem" and sets the marker for me.

B3N1

What is this, "Horizon Promo?"
Surely they must have meant, "Horizon Take A Photo Of The Starting Grid."

Yep, I did exactly that.

It won't be enough as game didn't mix up the cars for me, 3 different models in a 12 car championship. Also it registers the civilian cars (but not the bus :) ), so it will be fun.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Something is odd at the end of each race, taking ages to actually bring up my credit balance and rival. Is it polling the servers at the end of each race?

And the off-road races in cockpit view/hood cam/bumper cam are really hard. If the red smoke is obscured (quite often happens), then all you have is a tiny thin white line to show the next checkpoint. They need to beef that up so you can see the checkpoints more clearly from any camera view. While they are there I'd like to see two checkpoints ahead to help plan my route

TaKeRx

Once a race finishes it takes quite some time for the post race (where it gives out the cash credits and cp) until it takes time for me to continue as if its calculating or something. Is that normal?

GoxRx

Anyone else getting server errors? Can't download\share tunes atm.

Edit: Working again!

I'm having some issues too.

Guys, I downloaded the launch bonus car pack and the day one car pack but in the autoshow the cars are not free, is this normal?

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Something is odd at the end of each race, taking ages to actually bring up my credit balance and rival. Is it polling the servers at the end of each race?

Once a race finishes it takes quite some time for the post race (where it gives out the cash credits and cp) until it takes time for me to continue as if its calculating or something. Is that normal?
This started to happen on my last few races actually.

No, something is going on with servers. Clubs and decals not working for me.

largan

Neo Member

Yea, I'm having the same issues. I guess it has something to do with the MS Servers getting hammered by something.

Fox Mulder

that usually means the servers are having issues. First day stuff.

Any cool looking slow-mo gifts yet?

Replay angles preferably...thinking about it, does the game have any TV style replay cameras?

The first game didn't have TV style views either - I guess that's because of the open world element.

Though there's no reason some way of creating camera views on the fly that were clear of terrain couldn't be implemented.

Saroyan

Anyone gotten their $10 Xbox live credit from a best buy preorder yet? I did store pickup and got my preorder code for the M6 before I got home but nothing for the live credit. I was going to use it for half price VIP

if you're sharing a digital copy of FH2, shouldn't it also share the VIP pass? Should work the same way, or is DLC different?

yes to all of the above. Only catch is that one of you needs to be signed in to play.

So eg you buy FH2 using your gamertag/account. You can then play that on any xbox one if you are signed in, and *anyone* can play that on your primary system.

So if you're in different locations, you'd need to have your brother's Xbox set up as *your* primary console. And you'd need to always sign in on your xbox.

The downside is that nobody else can play those games on your console now, because you need to be signed in. So if you have family members in your house that is something to bear in mind.

Holy shit!!!!! Anyone want to share their forza horizon? I've got lots of games

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
On the way to the Festival. Literally the first time I touch the car I flip it. It happened perfectly because the announcer guy just said "Let's get it there in one piece".

I would upload a gif, but the video with the voice is funnier.
Here it is.

Top Bottom