• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Had so races with club GAF to end a few hours of playing the game after work and man.

I don't remember the last time I could actually marathon a game for so long and not want to put the controller down since I became a family guy.

Jobbs

Banned
one of the burnout games -- I think burnout paradise -- annoyed me to no end, because every time I made a really big jump, the game robbed me of my sense of soaring and enjoying the moment with continuity, by yanking me out to some horrible cinematic camera angle.

please tell me this game doesn't do that, and if it does, it can be toggled.

gossi

Question - I preordered on UK store. Can I change my Region to US and download, or do I have to wait until Friday?

Edit: I tried, if you change the region it says Unavailable. So you can't trick it if you paid for another region copy already.

Kajiba

Car clubs are locked until you finish the 3rd championship and the showcase event. After that train race, you're given the option of joining a club. You can either add from the club of a friend (under "Friend's Clubs"), or you can search for the clan by the shorthand designation (GAF).

Thanks for this. Think I have two more races.

Tomash

In one spot in Super GT Highway Street Race in Saint Martin, road textures disapear and music starts to repeat, after trying to quit the race game freezes. System is not frozen, but never shut downs after pressing turn off buton in UI. I have to hold power button on console to turn it off.

Highway exit south to Horizon Festival, doesn't happen outside of race.

Klocker

Does the preview for Oct end tomorrow?

I'm set to opt out.

Not sure but getting a little concerned... it is still flashing and wont restart yet.

Game froze, I quit the game. It would not restart, did a hard boot and stuck flashing logo on shut down for about twenty minutes now

Pull plug or wait it out?

Prototype

one of the burnout games -- I think burnout paradise -- annoyed me to no end, because every time I made a really big jump, the game robbed me of my sense of soaring and enjoying the moment with continuity, by yanking me out to some horrible cinematic camera angle.

I always hated this in racing games too

shermas

"Ignore the road in a Bowler" bucket list.... the most addicted/'just one more try' I've been during a racing game since the cone challenges in PGR.

Why won't my VIP work???? That's the only hiccup. The game itself is great.

neurophd

Loving this game, it generates so many "Wow!" moments! Just did the road trip where you drive through the
river bed
, absolutely gorgeous! I am so glad I went digital, I can see playing this for a while and it is nice to be able to just pick up and play.

No, it doesn't.

"Ignore the road in a Bowler" bucket list.... the most addicted/'just one more try' I've been during a racing game since the cone challenges in PGR.

Why won't my VIP work???? That's the only hiccup. The game itself is great.

Man that one was the exact opposite for me, super frustrating constantly having to rewind. I finally thought I had it until I ran into a seemingly endless barricade.

T.O.P

Banned

The racing never stops, no Michael Bay's camera angles or anything like that :p

Grisby

Are the servers down? I'm trying to find a design for my car and it says unavailable.

Also, shouldn't I have some other cars in my garage considering I put in the codes for the Gamestop car and the Day 1 stuff? They're not showing up in my cars tab.

shermas

Man that one was the exact opposite for me, super frustrating constantly having to rewind. I finally thought I had it until I ran into a seemingly endless barricade.

It took me about 15 minutes to get it... I loved the challenge, though. I forgot you could rewind! I kept restarting when I hit a tree or got too loose during a turn. I'm an idiot.

Are the servers down? I'm trying to find a design for my car and it says unavailable.

Also, shouldn't I have some other cars in my garage considering I put in the codes for the Gamestop car and the Day 1 stuff? They're not showing up in my cars tab.

Anyone got their Forza Rewards cars, or are they in the same limbo as VIP?

Looking through the Autoshow, it seems that many old FM-era models live on in the 360 version, e.g. F40, Enzo, and Camaro SS. Weirdly, it seems like the NA1 NSX-R is the remodeled version.

The DLC cars will have to be bought from the Autoshow in-game (once you unlock it)...they will come up as 0 Credits to purchase for the first time

The reward cars should go out tomorrow with the new month's rewards (if that happens or not I have no idea with all of the issues going on right now)

watership

Just realized that Gamespot still hasn't posted a review for this game yet. Pretty nuts. Considering the lack of X1 reviews lately, at this point I'm assuming they fired all their on-staff reviewers and are using contractors and none of them own the console.

Just realized that Gamespot still hasn't posted a review for this game yet. Pretty nuts. Considering the lack of X1 reviews lately, at this point I'm assuming they fired all their on-staff reviewers and are using contractors and none of them own the console.

or maybe its some kind of "we want to test all online features before we publish" thing

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The DLC cars will have to be bought from the Autoshow in-game (once you unlock it)...they will come up as 0 Credits to purchase for the first time

The reward cars should go out tomorrow with the new month's rewards (if that happens or not I have no idea with all of the issues going on right now)

Do they show up with a noticable 'free' like in forza 5? Alternatively, is there a list of the day 1 + bonus cars + VIp cars so we can look them up? Too many to remember.

Do they show up with a noticable 'free' like in forza 5? Alternatively, is there a list of the day 1 + bonus cars + VIp cars so we can look them up? Too many to remember.

Other than saying 0 Credits I don't know if it has anything else...I know on the marketplace tab it will say "Purchased" underneath but with the VIP and Day One packs messing up it still lists them as costing Credits to buy

Grisby

Great. Thanks.

jond76

Banned
Racing through a field of tall grass and only being barely able to see the next checkpoint is terrifying/ thrilling. Beautiful game.

Tomash

In one spot in Super GT Highway Street Race in Saint Martin, road textures disapear and music starts to repeat, after trying to quit the race game freezes. System is not frozen, but never shut downs after pressing turn off buton in UI. I have to hold power button on console to turn it off.

Highway exit south to Horizon Festival, doesn't happen outside of race.

Saw the glitch on reddit. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfV6Hu30HNA

Chorazin

All my add-on packs are now listed as installed, but I still don't have the cars costing 0 or my VIP status. Even quit and restarted to check.

This is so annoying!

VIP issue is a broad issue and Turn 10 has announced that they are looking into it. Really annoying but I'm waiting to play until they fix it.

N° 2048

Finally got to playing the demo and wow. So worth grabbing the XO early. Downloading the full game now (36GB O.O) along with the 'games with gold' freebies.

What the fucking fuck! Each of my copies of Shadow of Mordor and Forza Horizon 2 were fucked and I ended up having to make three trips to Gamestop today because of it. First I had to return SOM because the disc was all scratched up from being loose and rattling around. After telling the Gamestop guy he shook the rest of the copies he had and they were all loose except for one. Then after getting back home and playing an hour of FH2 I realized it still wasn't installing and wouldn't let me play online. Finally my Xbox tells me the disc may be scratched or dirty and sure enough there was a perfect half-circle gash on the disc. Just got back from returning it. Fuck I spent more on gas today than I did the games themselves. Before you guys say "should've gone digital," the whole reason I had to buy physical was because of trade in credit I had. Though from now on I'm just gonna put that credit towards PSN/LIVE cards, fuck discs!

Anion

What the fucking fuck! Each of my copies of Shadow of Mordor and Forza Horizon 2 were fucked and I ended up having to make three trips to Gamestop today because of it. First I had to return SOM because the disc was all scratched up from being loose and rattling around. After telling the Gamestop guy he shook the rest of the copies he had and they were all loose except for one. Then after getting back home and playing an hour of FH2 I realized it still wasn't installing and wouldn't let me play online. Finally my Xbox tells me the disc may be scratched or dirty and sure enough there was a perfect half-circle gash on the disc. Just got back from returning it. Fuck I spent more on gas today than I did the games themselves. Before you guys say "should've gone digital," the whole reason I had to buy physical was because of trade in credit I had. Though from now on I'm just gonna put that credit towards PSN/LIVE cards, fuck discs!
Dang that sucks. Glad you got it sorted out though

Top Bottom