• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - Pre-order and boxart announcement

G Rom

Here is the announcement :

Gear up for the highly anticipated launch of “Forza Motorsport 4”

This Autumn, the highest rated racing franchise of this generation returns with “Forza Motorsport 4”, the biggest racing game of the year exclusively on Xbox 360.

Be one of the first to purchase “Forza Motorsport 4” and receive an exclusive five car pack
A limited quantity of “Forza Motorsport 4” games at retail will include an exclusive in-game car pack available at launch that boasts five incredible cars for fans to race, tune, paint and share. This car pack, limited to the first production run of “Forza Motorsport 4” game discs, will include:

· Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
· Koenigsegg Agera 2011: “The Agera--from the Swedish verb “to act”--celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.”
· Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225bhp I6-powered engine.
· RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
· Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.

Rev up for the Limited Collector’s Edition
For “Forza” fans who crave the VIP treatment, a Limited Collector’s Edition will also be available. Stay tuned for more details on the exclusive content the Limited Collector’s Edition will offer.

Prepare to hit the road in a Ferrari 458 Italia, the “Forza Motorsport 4” cover car
Today Turn 10 Studios is also revealing that the cover car for the standard edition of “Forza Motorsport 4” is the Ferrari 458 Italia. The Ferrari 458 Italia is an 8-cylinder two-seater berlinetta with a mid-rear mounted engine, and represents a genuine break with the past in terms of Maranello's previous high-performance sports cars. The Turn 10 team has worked closely with Ferrari to include every intricate detail of the Ferrari 458 Italia in the game, from its sleek aerodynamic design to its exquisitely modeled 4499 cc V8 engine, offering players the most realistic driving experience off the track.

“The Ferrari 458 Italia was a perfect fit for the ‘Forza Motorsport 4’ hero car. It has the ideal blend of style, creative flair, cutting-edge technology and power that makes it just as gorgeous to look at as it is thrilling to take to the track,” said Dan Greenawalt, creative director of Turn 10 Studios. “We’ve worked closely with our partners at Ferrari to bring this amazing car to life in your living room.”

Get a head start on the competition with “Profile Import”
For those who have invested tireless hours in “Forza Motorsport 3”, Turn 10 Studios is pleased to announce a unique “Forza Motorsport 4” feature called Profile Import, which rewards fans for their time. Based on your player level and the cars in your garage in “Forza Motorsport 3”, gift cars will be automatically added to your “Forza Motorsport 4” garage and you’ll also receive bonus gifts and credits. And for those who spent hours creating intricate layers and liveries in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Livery Editor, you will be able to import those layers, so your time isn’t lost!

Official boxart :
5761921490_0065c0f6b6_z.jpg

5761378105_1cdc57156d_z.jpg

New screenshots labeled as "pre-order cars" :
5761379001_79bab3bef2_o.jpg

5761379907_0dca4f3251_o.jpg

5761922794_a6259eee87_o.jpg

5761379245_94c2617832_o.jpg

5761921948_f037ac6104_o.jpg

UPDATE : Pre-order cars confirmed
• Available at Amazon.com- Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT in 2008.
• Available at Best Buy- BMW 1 Series M Coupe: Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.
• Available at GameStop- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde: The creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo and first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7L turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.
• Available at Wal-Mart- MINI John Cooper Works Clubman: MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to include 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
• Available at Target – Honda CR-Z EX: The Honda CR-Z EX is Honda’s sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16” wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals.

This same list of cars is available in other regions worldwide and more information for those regions is coming soon.

adelante

For those who have invested tireless hours in “Forza Motorsport 3”, Turn 10 Studios is pleased to announce a unique “Forza Motorsport 4” feature called Profile Import, which rewards fans for their time.....And for those who spent hours creating intricate layers and liveries in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Livery Editor, you will be able to import those layers, so your time isn’t lost!
I only spent hours on one livery design (chuck vs chuck) but FUCKING SHIT YES!!!!!

Also, DAT IMAGE-BASED LIGHTING

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I am now part of this.

Now to get some shit out of the way.

MS get rid of that purple Kinect stripe.

Get rid of that FM 3 logo.

Use that "Forza Motorsport" font and redo the "4"

Those indoor cars need a softer under car shadow, tone down the reflections a little.

Besides those car models are superb.

Gowans

The profile import is awesome, means I can still put some time into Forza 3 and finish it and feel good.

I wonder if the DLC would come over too?

E3 should be good. No Porsche sucks for some people, but it could be worse. At least now I never have to drive that POS 914 again. Fuck Forza 2 for that event.

No that they ever said it would be a Kinect exclusive but its nice to see its playable with both. Good decision I think, Turn10 have been working on it for a while I think so hopefully its been implemented well.

where do I start!?

Logo still annoys me, the new FM looks like a 3 way too often like I thought it was suppose to... for forza 3.

The 4 looks tackled on in a poor mans way, fire the logo artist please.

Box art is ok, best in the series is still the forza motorsport 2 orange grey and black box art, 3's was ok but i'm not a huge fan of it, 4's seems to be more like FM1's box art but boring.

Those screens look lush, betting £100 that we won't get that quality from exporting on release day.

I am ok with the kinect bonus stuff, as it's just on the side.

I'll post here what I was going to write in the other topic.

brentech said:
The car gloss seems a little overdone still. They look nice, no doubt, but something just seems off about it. Just wish they'd change their stance on dat god damn wheel support.

The gloss makes it look too plasticky for me, both car and windows, as usual.

The cover looks cheap to me, at least if they used the proper daylight lights it wouldn't be so bad (and it'd look classier), and they have the nerve to say they'll recreate the car to the very last detail :( The car is is even cut out of the picture in a very unprofessional way :/

That photo travel-ish mode looks kinda cool though, but that environment sucks. I want to see gameplay.

glaurung

Nice bullshots. It is pretty sure that the graphic fidelity will be on par with F3, maybe with some new lighting but otherwise identical.

Box art... it's a box.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
"Better with Kinect sensor"

Well, they need to put something under the logo, regardless of terrible it looks and sounds.

Vire

Ferrari on the cover? Boring...

And the Kinect bar is hideous. Forza 3's boxart shits on this.

Wazzim

Banned
Those reflections are horrible, it's nice to have some but come on this is ridiculous...and I thought they'd got the lighting right this time. Cover is the worst the series has ever known too *sigh* atleast the gameplay will be awesome like always.

"For “Forza” fans who crave the VIP treatment, a Limited Collector’s Edition will also be available. Stay tuned for more details on the exclusive content the Limited Collector’s Edition will offer."

LOL vip was dog shit in 3, free cars was about all it was ok for but nothing else, pointless.

saladine1

brotkasten said:
E3 should be good. No Porsche sucks for some people, but it could be worse. At least now I never have to drive that POS 914 again. Fuck Forza 2 for that event.
It will be da epiCz!!

Potential no Porsche does not worry me in the slightest as I have no love for the Stuttgart Horse..

MMaRsu

Banned
Just put them in the fucking game regardless of pre-order jeez. This game is far away from being released and already this bullshit pops up.

Diablohead said:
"For “Forza” fans who crave the VIP treatment, a Limited Collector’s Edition will also be available. Stay tuned for more details on the exclusive content the Limited Collector’s Edition will offer."

LOL vip was dog shit in 3, free cars was about all it was ok for but nothing else, pointless.

I still use my usb stick and key-chain.

Wazzim

Banned
Diablohead said:

You could make people jealous with having a crown next to your name.

saladine1

Wazzim said:
Those reflections are horrible, it's nice to have some but come on this is ridiculous...and I thought they'd got the lighting right this time. Cover is the worst the series has ever known too *sigh* atleast the gameplay will be awesome like always.
Image based lighting looks shit confirmed..

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the livery importing is huge! being that these are all vector shapes, they could actually look loads better in 4 then they did in 3 (they better)

G Rom

Like everyone, I don't really like the logo.
I'm still not convinced by the new material shaders too. I think the reflections are fine but the headlights and rims aren't, they look too mate and the colors seem off.

Diablohead said:
Those screens look lush, betting £100 that we won't get that quality from exporting on release day.

Stop saying that terrible truth ! :(

Wazzim said:
You could make people jealous with having a crown next to your name.

When half the leaderboard has VIP status, I don't think it makes other people jealous...

low-G said:
There goes another 40 to 60 hours.

Try doubling that ! :p
I'm nearing 100h of driving in Forza 3, add to that the menu and photomode time, I must be past the 120h mark...

For those who have invested tireless hours in “Forza Motorsport 3”, Turn 10 Studios is pleased to announce a unique “Forza Motorsport 4” feature called Profile Import, which rewards fans for their time. Based on your player level and the cars in your garage in “Forza Motorsport 3”, gift cars will be automatically added to your “Forza Motorsport 4” garage and you’ll also receive bonus gifts and credits.
My S-Rank 1000/1000 awaits your love Turn 10, hopefully those (many, many, many) hours will pay interesting/fun dividends in 4!

Dynoro

Chinese Electric Batman said:
"Better with"

Haha.
If you have no kinect sensor you miss out on some of the features (like walking around the vehicles and inspecting them). You may not care about these features but it is better with a kinect

I suppose i should get used to seeing that better with kinect tag on every other game know shouldn't I? the boxart is ok i suppose .

adelante

saladine1 said:
Image based lighting looks shit confirmed..
Seriously...

Loving the new lighting; I actually like how it turned out in that Alfa Romeo shot...front of the car looks brighter than the back, which reflects (no pun intended) the uneven lighting of the warehouse

G Rom

Nah, they just need to redo that "4" to fix the logo IMO. It looks dumb after the capital letter FM.

BTW, Indianapolis (boxart+video) and Hockeinheimring (BADNED hint+video) have a very high probability to be in the game.

derFeef

adelante said:
Seriously...
Loving the new lighting; I actually like how it turned out in that Alfa Romeo shot...front of the car looks brighter than the back, which reflects (no pun intended) the lighting condition of the warehouse
Something is still wrong with the material, it looks plastic-y. Are we sure that is from the game engine, because that shot with the GT looked way better. (because of the backdrop?).

alphaNoid

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
Looks much better for sure, but I really do not 'hate' the purple Kinect bar.. I mean they basically need that to pop so that consumers become more familiarized with the brand. But, the stripped version you have looks better.

Still though the FM3 boxart was classic sexy, this is acceptable but nothing too memorable. Regardless..

1520931-take_my_money_super.jpg

This is 1 of 3 games I'm buying this year
3AQmK.gif

soujiro_seta said:
wait what? there will be no porsche's this time around? the fuck??

I would still be really surprised....they have been in every forza title thus far, even after EAs supposed "exclusive" deal was on. Wasn't it mentioned that the exclusive is related to promotion only...they can't use Porsche to promote the game in marketing but they can still be in the game? or did i just make that up?

Wasn't it kind of the same thing for Ferrari in GT5?

Syringe

Be one of the first to purchase “Forza Motorsport 4” and receive an exclusive five car pack
A limited quantity of “Forza Motorsport 4” games at retail will include an exclusive in-game car pack available at launch that boasts five incredible cars for fans to race, tune, paint and share. This car pack, limited to the first production run of “Forza Motorsport 4” game discs, will include:

· Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
· Koenigsegg Agera 2011: “The Agera--from the Swedish verb “to act”--celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.”
· Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225bhp I6-powered engine.
· RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
· Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.
But none of the pictures of the car pack matches these descriptions. Totally different models, am I missing something here?

Top Bottom