• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport - Official Announce Trailer

Dural

Well they didn't show anything. Some garage shots no one will see in released game (like previous forza games) and some super short angled gameplay shot which shows nothing other than some pavement and dof cars.

I expected full blowout not teaser.

Same here, they've been working on it for three years now and have no gameplay to show? I think everyone thought this was a sure launch title, really disappointed as it's my favorite genre.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Not sure how some people thought this was a launch title? Maybe I am mistaken but wasnt it confirmed they were making a new engine first and then the game? That was a minimum of 2 years but probably closer to 3 of dev time.

Xplainin

Banned
Turn 10 are busy workers, so the fact that they are taking so much longer to get this game out tells me its going to be insane.
If they are going to have the same amount of cars and tracks as Forza 7, with a new engine and all new game models and graphical effects, no wonder its talking so long. And lets be honest, will still be out before GT7.

What low quality reflections?

Maybe he meant these? Oh snap! Wrong disappointing trailer!
JcUblJI.jpg

Not sure how some people thought this was a launch title? Maybe I am mistaken but wasnt it confirmed they were making a new engine first and then the game? That was a minimum of 2 years but probably closer to 3 of dev time.

I've been saying this for over a year now. T10 said in the summer of 2019 they were just shifting focus to the next game and that they were in planning stages.

BigLee74

Mild disappointment that this is clearly not gonna be released with the console. Probably a good year and a half away. 😕

Skifi28

I'd like to see some actual gameplay and for the love of god, fix the cockpit animations from FM7. No fingers clipping through the wheel, wheel that barely turns 30 degrees.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm guessing this is far out which is why still no gameplay?
Disappointed as I was hoping for launch window.

source ? i thought microsoft was going cross platform for the first few years.
Why can’t you guys do some research if you watched the showcase all the games coming to Xbox one including halo had Xbox one under them all the games coming to just series x and pc all had no Xbox one. Including forza fable hellblade state of decay and avowed. All of which won’t be on on Xbox one. Jesus lmao 😂 the rush to downplay and feel sorry for Xbox threads are hilarious I still didn’t see anything from Sony that’s more impressive then what we saw from halo. Opinions watched the demo in 4K.

JLMC469

Banned
This appears to be a couple of years out. MS wasn’t kidding when they said they were going to give their studios more dev time.

Arkam

Looks great, but expected nothing less as the series is already splendid looking on X1X. Kinda taken aback that its not a launch title. Guess it will be a "race" between Forza and GT7 for the first next gen racer. Exciting!

Dibils2k

i was shocked (and annoyed) that this didnt show gameplay, i thought it would be the best situated game to be ready to show gameplay after halo... when it didnt, i was worried for rest of the show

Environments look better than GT's, but hard to tell with the cars. What stood out to me was the track textures. Forza has always had a grittier look to it, vs GT's squeaky clean clinical look. But not into sim racers sadly.

Compsiox

Banned
After the Halo in-engine footage no one will believe this shit. This is probably exclusive to XSX but it will definitely still be a wait and see.

Fox Mulder

I think it’s a shame this isn’t a launch title. Forza 7 came out in 2017 and they didn’t put out another game on their regular schedule for this. I guess if Gran Turismo fans live with long development times, Forza fans can.

CitizenX

Banned
Every racing game with a sequel is basically just like Madden, NBA, or [insert sport game here] easy way to show off graphics that dont mean anything to any other genre. Boring.

Neo_game

Pretty shocking to see that they only managed in-engine trailer at least it should have been in-game ?

Also this is a reboot and I think it is going to be like GTS will heavy emphasis on online.

CamHostage

It is only showing Xbox Series X and Windows 10 PCs as the platforms.

3uH0aan.png

Helpful. I was confused by that too, and am still not sure what's going on, because they put the "Optimized for Series X" bug on the video trailer. Is that needed if you are only making the game for Series X (and PC)?

State of Decay 3 did the same thing. So either these are the first not-cross-gen Xbox Game Studios projects, or they're just not talking about Xbox One as a viable platform for distant-future titles whether they port it down or not.

maxresdefault.jpg

What the hell is a car game "reboot"!? Whats the fresh idea ? No cars? Self driving cars? Planes?

Gran Turismo Sport was something of a reboot (or "side-sequel" maybe?) that differed enough from the GT format that people didn't like it and the next game is Gran Turismo 7. So it is all still just cars, but it can be really different. Hopefully for good ends this time.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Why can't they just call it Forza Motorsport 8? Will the next one be called Forza Motorsport 2 again?
It could be a game that is ok planned to last the whole of next gen (live service) and that's why they don't follow numbers anymore. They could just title it Forza Motorsport and launch it once off at the start of every new generation, so you have Forza Motorsport for Series X and then Forza Motorsport for the Xbox 5 the gen after.

Last edited by a moderator:

scalman

I get it why they make cinematic trailers for story games thats fine but for racer, whats more important there to show then gameplay trailer, at least real replay trailer but this not even said its replay....why? I want this level visuals in game but will they be this good and tracks this detailed...
and why most games lost numbers so its first game again?
So if horizon devs making fable does that mean no horizon game then?

Last edited:

Barnabot

Maybe he meant these? Oh snap! Wrong disappointing trailer!
JcUblJI.jpg

I've been saying this for over a year now. T10 said in the summer of 2019 they were just shifting focus to the next game and that they were in planning stages.
you are so mean /s. i hope gt7 doesn't launch at the same time as the new forza because it seems that polyphony digital is al least ahead of development with gt7.

you are so mean /s. i hope gt7 doesn't launch at the same time as the new forza because it seems that polyphony digital is al least ahead of development with gt7.

I think If PD started development 4 years ago, and T10 just started today from scratch, they might launch at around the same time. T10 has consistently released a full title every two years for a decade, and they have always needed a bit more time. Forza 7 in particular launched in a pretty rough state. Now they have as much time as they need to launch the next one. That's a huge opportunity for them to do something as ground breaking as the original was. Hopefully they are still capable of pushing the genre like they did with the original Motorsport and don't just coast on the brand recognition. Forza hasn't really evolved since the original game, it's been refinements only (and in cases some steps in the wrong direction) for the most part so it would be nice to see them really step up.

What they showed in the trailer displayed almost nothing in regards to the new physics engine they're building. I saw a car's tires chunk off going over the curb on the corkscrew and a car become unsettled and catching itself in a convincing manner instead of just hanging the tail like someone started playing Deja Vu. That was it.

The garage sequence which had the most screen time was complete garbage. A bunch of shitty npcs walking around randomly, standing around staring at nothing, or hunched over looking at things that nobody would be looking at. Drivers wearing their helmets when they aren't racing isn't a thing that happens unless you're the Stig. They are hot and it's hard to see or hear anything wearing one. Anyone that's ever raced a car in their life knows they come off as soon as they can.

Top Bottom