• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FREESPACE 3! But...

LAMBO

i don't care who makes it, just do. If it sucks modders will step in and fix it, or continue building up the freespace 2 source code.

Tellaerin

That'd be like handing the licence over to some twelve-year-old kid with a copy of DarkBasic. The difference is, I'd give the twelve-year-old much better odds of churning out something that's actually playable. :p

Assuming that the Volition team hasn't changed significantly, it would be nice if they made a flight-sim rather than another Red Faction...

Mashing said:
Or better yet, a Freespace with control as awesome as Freelancer's.

Freelancer control was interesting, but I'll take the Joystick anyday.

If anything, I think Starlancer had a couple of neat idea for space shooters, like the massive weapon arrays with limited target tracking. Some of the ships towards the end of Starlancer were just really cool to fly.

Mrbob

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........

Coop

I really hate this fucking guy.

Let me assure you of one thing that you can go to sleep with tonite. I have FULL intentions of getting this license. If I DO get it, you and your teenny leetle friends on your Ferrous Oxide project, are effectively, shutdown because I don't piss around when it comes to IP properties. You would do well to ask around. I've sued publishers for less and I have attorneys around the world, literally on speed dial.

Now, I will leave you with that thought, as I retire for the evening.

You will eventually come to regret this day. Mark my words.
'

lol, even more there..and his fanboys are priceless .Can't believe people like his 'games'

btw, i almost forgot. He's also saying FS is below his skills and how his games are sooo much more popular.

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for asking, but can someone elaborate on how evil this man is?

ChrisReid

Yeah, he's a total ass:

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/showthread.php?postid=503400#post503400

"If I get it, I'm going to develop this game. NO amount of crying, magic, spellcasting, running outside naked and yelling or coming to my house with +2 Armor of God and +6 whupass, is going to change that. So, the ones making these crazy posts (the attention must be nice - try dating) might as well go to sleep tonight knowing that as tenacious as my reputation is, if there is ANY chance of obtaining this license, I'm going to get it.

YOU insulting lot have VERY few choices and options. You are either going to be a part of the end result or you remain a part of the problem that will let this legacy and much regarded franchise die with Freespace2. Think about this. It makes NO difference to me. I CONSISTENTLY develop, publish and sell games. So, its not like I don't have a project (considering that I have no less than THREE in development right this minute) to fund and develop."

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Well, now you've gone and done it and mentioned "The name that shouldn't be mentioned" (Lest he appear after googling for his name, which his unholyness does, often).

The Great LumTheMad said:
*reviewing WWIIOnline in IRC*

@Lum: WHAT THE FUCK

@Lum: DID ANYONE ACTUALLY PLAY THIS PIECE OF DOGSHIT

@da_slog: it's supposed to be hard

@Lum: fuck hard

@da_slog: oh

@Lum: that's DEREK SMART stupid

@da_slog: btw

@Lum: it's JUST LIKE BATTLECRUISER 3000

@da_slog: to map keys

@da_slog: the keymap files are read only

@Lum: Press Ctrl-Alt-F9 to steer left!

@da_slog: READ ONLY!

Lock up the coke machines, Derek Smart to appear in 5...4...3...

Sorry for asking, but can someone elaborate on how evil this man is?

Stupid, not evil. - ALL you need to know

Freeburn.

Crispy

The Freespace games were the ONLY space shooters I have ever liked, they were pretty straightforward and just a lot of fun to play. None of that every button has 4 different functions and press three keys to steer left kind of crap.

Top Bottom