• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

I dunno,

-spinning weak ass records in Japan when the party is thousands of miles away wit me

was pretty ice cold. Hahaha.

Hootie

Alright GAF-Hop I have a confession to make. Don't hate me!

So Nas is basically my favorite hip-hop artist, but....I've basically only listened to Illmatic. And I bump that shit daily. It's perfect. And because it's so good I've avoided almost all of his other work after hearing everyone say Illmatic is by far as good as he gets. I know theres the one or two outliers who say Stillmatic or IWW is better but I can't imagine I'd be on either of those boats.

I mean yeah, I've heard a couple of songs from God's Son, I've heard Ether from Stillmatic, I've heard Thief's Theme from Street's Disciple, I've listened to the "Pre-Illmatic mixtape", but that's just about it.

What songs from his other albums have that Illmatic feel/sound to them?

So Nas is basically my favorite hip-hop artist, but....I've basically only listened to Illmatic. And I bump that shit daily. It's perfect. And because it's so good I've avoided almost all of his other work after hearing everyone say Illmatic is by far as good as he gets. I know theres the one or two outliers who say Stillmatic or IWW is better but I can't imagine I'd be on either of those boats.

I mean yeah, I've heard a couple of songs from God's Son, I've heard Ether from Stillmatic, I've heard Thief's Theme from Street's Disciple, I've listened to the "Pre-Illmatic mixtape", but that's just about it.

No other Nas album is like Illmatic. If you're looking for another Illmatic look elsewhere or go listen to Rakim who Nas pretty much wanted to be.
Either way, I'd at least go listen to IWW in full.

Yo Gotti

Banned

Go get The Lost Tapes now. Nas 2nd best work by far, at times I feel like it might actually be his best.

CRS

herp a derp
http://www.ddotomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Screen-Shot-2012-01-22-at-10.11.20-AM.png[IMG]

Remember when this fly ass ninja told yall Drake wouldn't respond on wax, and would instead take this to the media where he'd send subliminal and some blatant winks, giggles, and other un-manly behavior? Remember when a crew of fruity ass ninjas said "nah Phoenix you trippin, Common won this. Boom, he took the first swing and boom, now Drake gonna say some shit and we gonna feast on the beautiful music nahmean."

Ninjas been throwing shots at the god ever since. Look at me now, b. I'm sitting here eating some Papa Johns leftovers, my girl is sleep in my bed, I'm rocking some comfy ass sweats with some snow wear super thin Weather Wear long johns underneath to increase the warmness nahmean. Shit feels like SILK nahmean. And what are yall doing.

-posting Big Sean gifs
-listening to Dark Fantasy for the billionth time, pretending that's the sound of the culture
-spinning weak ass records in Japan when the party is thousands of miles away wit me
-pickin up dudes at the club
-smoking questionable weed

FALL BACK. The god is drinking Mikes Hard Lemonade as you read this, my girl is fierce, my dick is wet, I'm a boss.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.

[quote="toasty_T, post: 34516126"]Had to go back and actually read that shit :lol

I had plans and shit for today but I cancelled everything.

gonna sit in a corner with my dry dick and listen to Like Water For Chocolate[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahaha.

The Lost Tapes. Get at it. Stillmatic is a must as well.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Barry Bonds is such a fucking horrible song. Flashing Lights ain't that good either but Big Brother is the shit.

Barry Bonds is hot trash... so we can agree on something every now and again

DominoKid

add Benjarvus Green-Ellis to the evergrowing list of Birdman's nephews
iuTknoE1dtMtu.png

Blackace

herp a derp
Screen-Shot-2012-01-22-at-10.11.20-AM.png

Remember when this fly ass ninja told yall Drake wouldn't respond on wax, and would instead take this to the media where he'd send subliminal and some blatant winks, giggles, and other un-manly behavior? Remember when a crew of fruity ass ninjas said "nah Phoenix you trippin, Common won this. Boom, he took the first swing and boom, now Drake gonna say some shit and we gonna feast on the beautiful music nahmean."

Ninjas been throwing shots at the god ever since. Look at me now, b. I'm sitting here eating some Papa Johns leftovers, my girl is sleep in my bed, I'm rocking some comfy ass sweats with some snow wear super thin Weather Wear long johns underneath to increase the warmness nahmean. Shit feels like SILK nahmean. And what are yall doing.

-posting Big Sean gifs
-listening to Dark Fantasy for the billionth time, pretending that's the sound of the culture
-pickin up dudes at the club
-smoking questionable weed

FALL BACK. The god is drinking Mikes Hard Lemonade as you read this, my girl is fierce, my dick is wet, I'm a boss.

fall back..

Blackace

Acting like a retarded Ghostface is never a good look. And stop frontin like that is an actual female in your bed, we all know that if they still rock a dick they are legally male.

It was a cry for help

overcast

I don't think you know what you just did right now, PD. I think you need to take a breath, finish that horrible pizza, slap your girl on the ass, and finish drinking that Lipton's Ice Tea.
Holy shit, LOL.

My God.. those covers, that Ancient Aliens thread. I'm dying here.

Detox

If you could listen to Nas on repeat for days just get all his albums whenever you need more Nas. I would recommend in order of Lost Tapes, It Was Written, Stillmatic, Hip Hop is dead, I Am, The Nigger Tape (this is free), Streets Disciple, Untitled and if you become a stan there a couple of good songs on Nastradamus.

Esch

Banned
idk whats sadder someone reppin mikes hard or talmbout other dudes pickin up dudes when son is a known transsexual connosseur, smh

Everyone is confused over why Fif is Wolverine.

Why isn't anyone freaked out that Lloyd Banks is Spiderman? I mean, that's pretty catastrophic in itself.

Oh, and RIP to the homey PD. Dude released a diss record and a few hours later he was dead. You don't fuck with the Big Sean collection, my dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom