• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Ace you should do a mix with godlike bars doesn't matter if it is backpack, concious, mainstream as long as it is godlike.

"Undying love" and "nas is like" are my favorites

its been so long but i remember the original I AM had so many classic tracks on it. the ones they cut ended up being on the lost tapes

hah i just googled the original tracklist

Undying Love is my favorite Nas track of all time.
The imagery in the story he tells is so legit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Oh man. Your last ignorant mix made me look like such a ballaballa when I was rolling with a girl. You make us all look good with your shit daaawwwwg.

If it wasn't your shorty before, I hope I helped you get some assassassassassassassassassass

Ace you should do a mix with godlike bars doesn't matter if it is backpack, concious, mainstream as long as it is godlike.

Godlike is different for a lot of people

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Best scarface albums to get? all i've heard is his geto boys stuff.

The Diary is pretty much the consensual favorite and considered one of the greatest albums of all time. It is indeed amazing, although personally I rate Untouchable slightly above it (but I am alone in that).
The Fix is also a great album, more recent too if you want something with a more modern sound.
Emeritus is also great.

Untouchable>Diary>The Fix>Emeritus>The Last of a Dying Breed>Made>Mr Scarface is Back>World Is Yours>My Balls and My World

OG Kush

The Diary, My Homies, Balls and My Word, and Emeritus are the cream of his work

Damn so his first 2 albums aren't that good? Blackace, you seem pretty knowledgable on southern hip hop. Give me the low-down on classic southern albums/artists please... so far just got outkast, geto boys and goodie mob.

Blackace

The Diary is pretty much the consensual favorite and considered one of the greatest albums of all time. It is indeed amazing, although personally I rate Untouchable slightly above it (but I am alone in that).
The Fix is also a great album, more recent too if you want something with a more modern sound.
Emeritus is also great.

Untouchable>Diary>The Fix>Emeritus>The Last of a Dying Breed>Made>Mr Scarface is Back>World Is Yours>My Balls and My World

I might overrate My Ball and My Word because of Bitch Ni**a .. love that track.

I like untouchable.. but it is too stripper like for my taste..

Blackace

Damn so his first 2 albums aren't that good? Blackace, you seem pretty knowledgable on southern hip hop. Give me the low-down on classic southern albums/artists please... so far just got outkast, geto boys and goodie mob.

Ridin' Dirty - UGK

On Top of the World - Eightball & MJG

Most Known Unknown - Three 6 Mafia

Word of Mouf - Ludacris

The Recession - Young Jezzy

just a touch

siddx

Untouchable just has that vibe, I can put it on and let it play all the way through. The diary's highs are better, but it doesn't have the same cohesive feel as untouchable, which sounds like one long drug and alcohol fueled violent fantasy. The only track on the album I don't like is Game Over which sounds totally out of place with the rest of the album. And smile, despite being a great song, doesn't quite fit either, but is close enough.

Speaking of most known unknown, I put it on for the first time in 5 years the other day, so many good songs. Stay Fly, Roll wit it, Don't Violate, Knock the black off yo ass, poppin my collar, side 2 side, when I pull up at the club, pussy got ya hooked, dont cha get mad, got it for sale. That album rattled the fuck out of my trunk for months nonstop.

Blackace

no pimp c? (i know you put ugk but pimp c alone is was pretty good. =/)
knockin doors down was pretty good.

I like Bun better than Pimp...

but UGK is better than either solo

Untouchable just has that vibe, I can put it on and let it play all the way through. The diary's highs are better, but it doesn't have the same cohesive feel as untouchable, which sounds like one long drug and alcohol fueled violent fantasy. The only track on the album I don't like is Game Over which sounds totally out of place with the rest of the album. And smile, despite being a great song, doesn't quite fit either, but is close enough.

Speaking of most known unknown, I put it on for the first time in 5 years the other day, so many good songs. Stay Fly, Roll wit it, Don't Violate, Knock the black off yo ass, poppin
my collar, side 2 side, when I pull up at the club, pussy got ya hooked, dont cha get mad, got it for sale. That album rattled the fuck out of my trunk for months nonstop.

About Scarface.. I can see that, just it reminds me of Rick's..

About MKU It's too bad they are trying to cash in on Eurobeat now..

siddx

I always thought everyone liked bun better. Like ace said, they are best as UGK but I didn't really like pimp's solo stuff.

And three 6 going eurorappopdance is one of the most depressing fucking things to happen in recent years. I dont know what living in hollywood did to them but they are the very definition of sell outs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A source close to Def Jam has informed me that the tentative first single from the upcoming G.O.O.D. Music compilation is to be “Lamborghini, Murci.” The track, which was produced by Phoenix-based producer Lifted, is set to feature Kanye West, Pusha T and Big Sean.

No word on when this is to drop, but I’ve heard it’s a monster.

HYPE.

Blackace

I always thought everyone liked bun better. Like ace said, they are best as UGK but I didn't really like pimp's solo stuff.

And three 6 going eurorappopdance is one of the most depressing fucking things to happen in recent years. I dont know what living in hollywood did to them but they are the very definition of sell outs.

Pimp was the better rapper in the start.. Pocket Full of stones Pimp went off.. but by around the time of Big Pimpin Bun started to shine for real

Yeah.. Make Her Say (Uh Uh Uh) and Never Too Much (really a feature from them) were the last Three Six like songs I have heard... luckly Juicy J and Project Pat are at least staying near to their roots..

People really think I'm crazy for saying this. Now I know there are other people out there like me :3

Bun is a beast... even his bad album was worth it..

like it or not. it was still stuff you could listen to.

I could listen to Young MC too..

Don't get me wrong I like Pimp C.. but he was asking for some classic stuff.. and I think Bun has made classic solo stuff but Pimp hasnt... regardless I like them as UGK so I suggested a UGK album..

I should make a featuring Bun B mix..

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I could listen to Young MC too..

Don't get me wrong I like Pimp C.. but he was asking for some classic stuff.. and I think Bun has made classic solo stuff but Pimp hasnt... regardless I like them as UGK so I suggested a UGK album..

I should make a featuring Bun B mix..

oh i agree completely. also i havent heard Y MC

can somebody make a compilation of blackaces party mixes? or just the links? cause the shit gully

I really like the verses too(by Chuuwee) just bothers me hearing him over the beats lol. I'll definitely be playing it for a bit regardless though.

Also, I was trying to find the blackace mixes that I missed and I just figured I'd put them in a zip file and upload them for everyone else who just don't want to search.

Link
Link2
Link3
Link4
Link5

2nd link is the poppy stuff but there goes all his mixes so far except for his recent one he dropped today. I feel like I might be still missing one within those but it doesn't seem like it.

Jay Sosa

I like Bun better than Pimp...

Doesn't everyone?

Pimp C wasn't a very good MC at all and Bun was at a time regarded the best MC in the game. He even made Jay record another verse. He did hurt his reputation a bit with jumping on everyone shit.

Fake edit:

His first solo had some reaaaaaallly good songs *on it but also a lot of filler. Certainly not as good as some people made it out to be

*I always love to sing along that chorus :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l_f0fJO9mE

My favs:

Everytime
Coming Up
Slow Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom