• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Yea. And a few people got really fucked up, and started listing random point values and shit.

Like here it should get 3 points but he only gave it two. That's not how it works!

I just took it as a 2 haha.

Let's do this though.

50post per page
First page : 14 votes
Second Page: 10 votes
Third Page: 15(just counted the 2 as a 2)
Fourth Page: 26

100 posts per page
First page: 24
Second page: 41

That way it'd be easier for us to check the certain page to see where we missed.

Macca

First page: 14
Second: 10
Third: 16 (I counted that 2 as a three, as mentioned above)
Forth: 26

big Sean is horrible and if cyhi never releases an album with G.O.O.D I will lose some respect for Kanye
Damn, you come in here speaking big words son.

if I voted it as well it would of just put R4 right back above it haha. Also nice TE or maybe that one hori vlx if that is one in your avatar, looks like it.

You keep that hypothetical vote to yourself. Oneirology won to me dammit.

Oh, about the av, thanks. It's a TE. Trying to balance a VLX on my head might have killed me. Plus, I would have felt much worse when I dropped it.

You keep that hypothetical vote to yourself. Oneirology won to me dammit.

Oh, about the av, thanks. It's a TE. Trying to balance a VLX on my head might have killed me. Plus, I would have felt much worse when I dropped it.
haha, I've dropped my TE multiple times from excitement in matches and when crazy BS happens but UMvC3 has almost made me immune to that :(. I die in the inside each time it hits the ground.
Starting to feel like Florida again...

Poppy? Also, listened to that ignant6, that has to be your longest mix you've gave us without a doubt. You must of been really feeling it when you made it. I felt 2011 just flashing through my eyes haha. I dug it though no lie.I didn't get to finish it, but I got a long day today so it's definitely getting play.
Word. Quotables for days.

Also, Slaughterhouse single coming soon. Album rumored to be dropping May 15th titled Welcome To: Our House.
I look forward to hearing it, but I wonder how soon is soon

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Poppy? Also, listened to that ignant6, that has to be your longest mix you've gave us without a doubt. You must of been really feeling it when you made it. I felt 2011 just flashing through my eyes haha. I dug it though no lie.I didn't get to finish it, but I got a long day today so it's definitely getting play.

Was talking about Bush/Gore...but will make a poppy mix soon

Yeah first 30 mins or so was almost all Lex.. .lol before I knew it I was mixing power and stunting like my daddy

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Listening to the Chronic for the first time, I like it so far.

For the first time? Holy fuck. The album has some weak spots but it's one of those albums where the good stuff holds up really really well, it's amazing to think it's 20 years old.

Also, Blackace, that ignorant6 mix is nuts, an hour of getting punched in the throat, great shit.

exarkun

So I finally gave Wale's album a chance...that shit is alright. I thought it would be bad but its actually pretty decent and there are a couple beats that meld real well with his flow.

That and it gave me Ambition. Gotdamn that shit goes hard. And it gave me one of my favorite Ghostface review quotes " But this joint goes hard as fuck son. This shit make you wanna go cop a 8 ball to cook up n start sellin to ya own nephews n nieces on some guerilla pimp dont give a fuck bout nobody type shit nahmean." lulz.

Also, the newest T.I. mixtape is a bit disappointing. Its like he felt obligated to drop one, had a bunch of decent lines and just wanted to put it down no matter the beat. Thus you get some good lines, but blah-ass production.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wale is just so damn vanilla, I want to like him but I never think "man I want to throw on some Wale!"

LOZLINK

So last night, saw Kanye & Odd Future.
First off, Odd future can't perform for shit. I was hoping they'd improve from the SXSW performances but fuck, all they do is still scream into a mic.
Kanye however, was probably the greatest performance I have ever seen. He was pretty much studio quality with clarity, and there was 40000+ people there watching him. Kinda bummed now that Im not going to his sideshow lol. Can't really remember his setlist, pretty sure it was his big hits only. I think

Blackace

Listening to the Chronic for the first time, I like it so far.

A classic..

Hey mayne, I listened to all of wu-tang/biggie/tupac's albums. I just was never a huge fan of Dre to much. I liked some of 2001, but not much of it.

The Chronic is debated as the best hip-hop album with Illmatic, Ready to Die, and 36 Chambers... and your excuse is you listened to all the Wu albums?

btw listen to Doggystyle if you haven't

For the first time? Holy fuck. The album has some weak spots but it's one of those albums where the good stuff holds up really really well, it's amazing to think it's 20 years old.

Also, Blackace, that ignorant6 mix is nuts, an hour of getting punched in the throat, great shit.

I remember when it came out.. album changed my world for a summer..

I just started going in... Went from Lex to Birdman.. lol gotta love it

njean777

A classic..

The Chronic is debated as the best hip-hop album with Illmatic, Ready to Die, and 36 Chambers... and your excuse is you listened to all the Wu albums?

I wouldnt put it up there with Ready To Die, but that is my opinion or 36 chambers...

Blackace

I wouldnt put it up there with Ready To Die, but that is my opinion or 36 chambers...

Well imo you are wrong.... not much else to say about. but the point was it is universally discussed when GHHAoAT comes up...

A classic..

I Love the Chronic, but I never saw a debate for it being the best album from anyone. I have seen Ready to Die and Illmatic debated heavily, with 36 Chambers getting honorary mentions. Still, The Chronic is definitely in my top 5 of all time. I actually can say my top 5 hip hop albums:

1.Illmatic-Nas
2.Makaveli-Tupac
3.36 Chambers-Wu-Tang Clan
4. Ready to Die-Notorious BIG
5. The Chronic-Dr.Dre
______

6. Doggystyle-Snoop Dogg
7. E.1999 Eternal-Bone Thugs n Harmony
8. Marshall Mathers LP-Eminem
9. ATLiens-Outkast
10. The Low End Theory-A Tribe Called Quest
______

11. Ridin Dirty-UGK
12. De La Soul is Dead-De La Soul
13. The Infamous-Mobb Deep
14.Train of Thought-Reflection Eternal
15. Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde-The Pharcyde

Thats just off the top of my head.

RJT

I Love the Chronic, but I never saw a debate for it being the best album from anyone. I have seen Ready to Die and Illmatic debated heavily, with 36 Chambers getting honorary mentions. Still, The Chronic is definitely in my top 5 of all time. I actually can say my top 5 hip hop albums:

1.Illmatic-Nas
2.Makaveli-Tupac
3.36 Chambers-Wu-Tang Clan
4. Ready to Die-Notorious BIG
5. The Chronic-Dr.Dre
______

6. Doggystyle-Snoop Dogg
7. E.1999 Eternal-Bone Thugs n Harmony
8. Marshall Mathers LP-Eminem
9. ATLiens-Outkast
10. The Low End Theory-A Tribe Called Quest
______

11. Ridin Dirty-UGK
12. De La Soul is Dead-De La Soul
13. The Infamous-Mobb Deep
14.Train of Thought-Reflection Eternal
15. Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde-The Pharcyde

Thats just off the top of my head.

Train of Thoguht over Blackstar? That seems odd.

I also never understood the huge love "De La Soul is Dead" gets. I *love* De La, but "3 Feet High & Rising" and "Stakes is High" are so much better than "De La Sould is Dead"... What am I missing here?

Hey mayne, I listened to all of wu-tang/biggie/tupac's albums. I just was never a huge fan of Dre to much. I liked some of 2001, but not much of it.

he's not a very engaging rapper, even if he is a god on production. there's a reason dre 2001 is chalk loaded with guest appearances.

Detox

he's not a very engaging rapper, even if he is a god on production. there's a reason dre 2001 is chalk loaded with guest appearances.
I think Dre is a pretty good rapper, I know he doesn't write his stuff but he delivers his lines really well especially in his classic albums. All the different guys that write his stuff and yet it always has a style which you can say is Dre which is no mean feat.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Also, the newest T.I. mixtape is a bit disappointing. Its like he felt obligated to drop one, had a bunch of decent lines and just wanted to put it down no matter the beat. Thus you get some good lines, but blah-ass production.

Agree with that. I was disappointed as hell.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Okay. I'm finally willing to admit it. I'm a Yela stan. Radioactive is nice. I don't think he's dropped a bad verse since his initial shit.

WanderingWind

Radioactive isn't a bad album imo, it's just not the Yela I wanted. And this new song he released is ass too. I need some boom bap trunk shit

Oh, for sure. Trunk Muzik was the shit. But apparently, liking Radioactive makes you a stan. I'm okay with that, I suppose.

Macca

Totally agree. I really enjoy the album. But from him I expected so much better. I'm sure he won't stay doing this shit forever though, Trunk Musik is his shit.

I would say I'm a stan :p Rocking the Yela avatar, and bought a physical copy for like $20.

Recon

Banned
Radioactive isn't a bad album imo, it's just not the Yela I wanted. And this new song he released is ass too. I need some boom bap trunk shit

New song is good, if you are talking about the one I posted. It isnt boom bap, but that doesnt make it bad.

Totally agree. I really enjoy the album. But from him I expected so much better. I'm sure he won't stay doing this shit forever though, Trunk Musik is his shit.

I would say I'm a stan :p Rocking the Yela avatar, and bought a physical copy for like $20.

I dont know about that, he had some of the same vibe of Radioactive in Trunk Musik, just not as much. He has the ability to do low key shit and boom bap shit, he just focused on another side in Radioactive.

WanderingWind

New song is good, if you are talking about the one I posted. It isnt boom bap, but that doesnt make it bad.

I dont know about that, he had some of the same vibe of Radioactive in Trunk Musik, just not as much. He has the ability to do low key shit and boom bap shit, he just focused on another side in Radioactive.

GAF Hop is collectively going through it's ignant phase. It's got to be ballaballa boom bap castle swag shit, or it's soft.

Macca

I don't know if I fully agree with that. Everything in Trunk Musik felt like it had some kind of energy. I felt that was lacking from a few of the tracks on Radioactive. Mainly Good Girl and Hardest Love Song. He seemed on cruise control.

Understandable, considering he said Em made him put Good Girl on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom