• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
GAF Hop is collectively going through it's ignant phase. It's got to be ballaballa boom bap castle swag shit, or it's soft.

Yeah, I honestly am at a point where I dont care either way, I just want to hear good music. I think Yela does good music and as a whole, I thought Radioactive was good. Let's Roll still gets daily play from me.

Macca

I just want to hear good music.
UCgTj.gif

Recon

Banned
well it depends on what you think is good music.

All that it matters to me is that "I" think it is good music. I do not derive my enjoyment from an artists based on what others may or may not think. Yelawolf's lyrical abilities and flow are still present in Radioactive. I find these things enjoyable. I dont listen to music to have my trunk rattled. If it happens that a good song has a great beat and good bass, then it is a nice bonus.

Last Song was pretty great though, as was Radio. But I wanted more Let's Roll and Hard White.

edit: anyways rage-alert for kampsy. DMX's first single off his new album is titled "I Don't Dance"....ft. Machine Gun Kelly hahaha

Natiko

Banned
I don't really post here..
sorry for being a lurker
, but I wanted to stop by and thank Blackace for the mixes. The Ignorant mixes have been helping me get through all this homework today. The new one is really good, definitely enjoyed it and the length.

Recon

Banned
Blackace, I will be throwing on a bunch of your mixes this weekend, gonna be having a party at my apartment, so I appreciate all the hard work you do on them. Makes us white boys look knowledgeable and shit.

Also, I want to announce something Im working on with some people at my college. I met some talented dudes in the Music Management program who are pretty good at production. We are collaborating on a Jazz influenced instrumental album, called " A Different Kind of Blue". I hope people get that reference, it isnt hard, lol. Anyways, just wanted to drop by to say that. Actually, I hope no one has used that title, oh well. Fuck it.

Mr.Fresh

My personal favourite was Sony Acid Pro...I used that up until 2010. Then I switched to Ableton Live which I continue to use to this day with an Akai MPD26. Honestly though, you gotta get a feel for the programs yourself, because what I love might be the opposite of what you're looking for in a DAW. For the longest time I was the only guy I knew that was using Sony Acid Pro, everyone else preferred other programs. So just test them all out and see which one clicks with you the most.
Yea i see what your sayin. Thanks i have free time all this weekend so I'm def gonna try and find the one that suits me.

Btw guys can we post songs from people we know to get Gafs opinion?

Recon

Banned
Yea i see what your sayin. Thanks i have free time all this weekend so I'm def gonna try and find the one that suits me.

Btw guys can we post songs from people we know to get Gafs opinion?

Yeah you can. Just know it sometimes rubs people wrong to pimp people out when you dont post much else. But I say fuck it and post away. I am always up for new artists and music.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well imo you are wrong.... not much else to say about. but the point was it is universally discussed when GHHAoAT comes up...
It is? I've been listening to hip hop since I was a kid, and I'm surrounded by people that ONLY listen to Hip Hop, and Chronic NEVER comes up as best album of all time. Illmatic, 36, and RtD yes, but Chronic? Never. It might just be that not on the West Coast, but even when I used to live there and routinely visit there, it never comes up, but times have changed, so who knows.

Recon

Banned
Toku is on that HRD/Abe Simpson walk-in-walk-out shit.

Haha. Im feeling so good right now. I smoked two bowls earlier, doing English homework while on some Addies. Pulling an all nighter and I just ordered some more shoes online. I already bought a pair of grey/white Air Max's and some baby blue/grey jordans this week, and just copped some White/Red Air Maxs now. I have a problem.

IrishNinja

listening to joey track now, waiting on them results!
ps i know historically/etc low end theory gets a higher spot, but i can't put it above an all-time classic like midnight marauders. i just can't.

Listening to the Chronic for the first time, I like it so far.

damn. i wanna say it's gotta be great hearing it now (it holds up amazingly well for me) but like ace said, that and doggystyle...just everywhere you went, shit was playing, and you were happy to hear it.

I just made the illest beat. that is all.

play that shit!

Madchild – Little Monster EP (2012)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VRGL7M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Preview tracks at the Amazon link......
sounds decent enough and I've been trying to find new music, thanks.

shinobi what you been up to?!

lil b looks gone in that video. god damn haha
play that shit!

yeah dude came in here bragging and didn't give a sample or anythign!

Edit: shit that youtube thing is nice, definitely installing that.

Tokubetsu

cant. but i plan for this to be used as the last song of my probably never will be completed album.

if that happens, then I will share with teh world for free (it probably wont happen, cause life sucks....sucks as in gets in the way of my hiphopage.)

Fixed2BeBroken lp dropping the same day as my John Carpenter EP.

overcast

Pretty sure the best West coast album is Ice Cube's Death Certificate.. and that's not top 5 imo. Then again I have a East bias (from LA though).

Recon

Banned
Pretty sure the best West coast album is Ice Cube's Death Certificate.. and that's not top 5 imo. Then again I have a East bias (from LA though).

I would put Me Against the World and Makaveli over Death Certificate. But I am a big Pac fan, so maybe I am biased.

overcast

That's totally acceptable. I don't listen to west so much. I listened to both Chronics while growing up. Other than that, east coast.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It is? I've been listening to hip hop since I was a kid, and I'm surrounded by people that ONLY listen to Hip Hop, and Chronic NEVER comes up as best album of all time. Illmatic, 36, and RtD yes, but Chronic? Never. It might just be that not on the West Coast, but even when I used to live there and routinely visit there, it never comes up, but times have changed, so who knows.

always comes up throughout the west coast..

Recon

Banned
always comes up throughout the west coast..

Yeah, I imagine it does, just not much in the mid-west/east coast much. Oh man I'm about to preview some of those mixes for tonight Ace. Again, props for continuing to do this, you dont get enough congrats for these, I know I forgot sometimes too. Shit, 5 AM and I feel fucking fantastic. God created Adderall.

Blackace

I don't really post here..
sorry for being a lurker
, but I wanted to stop by and thank Blackace for the mixes. The Ignorant mixes have been helping me get through all this homework today. The new one is really good, definitely enjoyed it and the length.

hey!! thanks!! means a lot to get feedback and comments..

Blackace, I will be throwing on a bunch of your mixes this weekend, gonna be having a party at my apartment, so I appreciate all the hard work you do on them. Makes us white boys look knowledgeable and shit.

lol getting your ignorant on is always a plus in my book

Blackace

I can be honest.. DC didn't age well.. I am from the West.. love the West, but DC didn't age as well as Illmatic or Doggystyle
I would put Me Against the World and Makaveli over Death Certificate. But I am a big Pac fan, so maybe I am biased.

I like Pac alot.. but I never felt his albums were top tier material.. don't get it twisted he made top tier stuff.. but his albums never felt complete for some reason to me if that makes sense.

Straight Outta Motherfucking Compton.

SOC aged real well considering how old it is... So did Eazy Duz It

No One Can Do It Better by the DOC is also one of the greatest rap albums of all time to me..

Fixed2BeBroken lp dropping the same day as my John Carpenter EP.

hey, i wrote a rap a couple months ago and it had the line "you couldn't shoot the thing if you was john carptenter" ZING!

yea, i scrapped it.

back to the drawing board.

Posted a few posts up. Does not deserve two posts, it deserves negative posts!! Why does this guy have fans again?

I actaully tried to give the song a chance.....I sat through the whole song. I almost ended my life afterwards. literally. It's hard to live in a world where people actually consider him "good"

thankfully, I remembered my cat needed to be fed, so I didn't end my life. and I fed my cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom