• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Meet-Up UK Edition - Manchester - 15th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

9X22B2l.jpg

jpwpXGJ.jpg

Saturday 15th October

Wr8uFmP.jpg

The Refuge - Oxford Road
Jf4Zykj.jpg

Albert's Schloss - Peter Street
qemwFbF.jpg

El Gato Negro - King Street
GfXtT9s.jpg

The Deaf Institute - Grosvenor Street
OtCbpUy.jpg

The Liars Club - Bridge Street
rr4J8fk.jpg

Just a handful of ideas, feel free to make suggestions!

2LpWTb1.jpg

No concrete plans right yet but The Refuge is probably a good place to meet, get something to eat at Albert's Schloss or maybe El Gato Negro, a few more beers round the doors then on to a club. I'm not about planning too far ahead for these things!

I'll probably update with more solid plans closer to the time.

Edit: OK, so we'll be on Oxford Road from about 8pm, probably The Thirsty Scolar, then maybe take in The Refuge because it's all new and shiny and shit. Probably head up to NQ from there.

1U7KU2z.jpg

NinjaBoiX
jimbor
Selfish Pizza
Eggybob
The Poet
Dapperbandit
SteveWD40
Heman
Jedeye Sniv
(A few other banned gaffers that I can't even remember the name of)

Sorry. Next London one and am there pending not responding to the invite on the actual date and not having any stag dos to attend.

Enjoy!

NinjaBoiX

OP updated, more deets to follow!
hmmmmmm

I do have twins still in the hospital, but they should be home by then...
Come man! It'd be cool to catch up.

Also, congrats!
Ill try and show myself , it is in my home city .Should be nice meeting some of you in person.
Yeah, you should come out, some good peeples to meet. If you live hear you really have no excuse!

CS_Dan

I'd love to go to one of these, but:
a) I'm up living in glorious Newcastle
b) I'm currently horrifically skint

:(

cjp

Are most of you getting hotel rooms or do you all live a short distance away?

I'm near Preston so taxi would be a fair bit and I doubt you'd all be out until the trains start running again...

NinjaBoiX

I'm near Preston so taxi would be a fair bit and I doubt you'd all be out until the trains start running again...
I live in Hulme, walking distance from the city centre.

There may be room to crash at mine, as long as you appreciate the bracing comfort of hard wooden floors and the potential of a door opening on your head.

cjp

I live in Hulme, walking distance from the city centre.

There may be room to crash at mine, as long as you appreciate the bracing comfort of hard wooden floors and the potential of a door opening on your head.

You'd let a complete stranger crash at yours? That's generous aha.

I'd feel bad though. If I decide to come I might just get a room for a night.

Izuna

Banned

I'm at Blackpool, I'd just get one of those any day return tickets (which are like £22, 14.50 with a Railcard). I have to commute to Uni every day with one

cjp

I'm at Blackpool, I'd just get one of those any day return tickets (which are like £22, 14.50 with a Railcard). I have to commute to Uni every day with one

Are you staying out until the trains start running again?

Edit: just read you won't be out.

NinjaBoiX

Any other Manc peeps out then?

SteveWD? CHEEZMO? showmeyourskeleton?

The plan is to head into town about 7-8 o'clock, grab a bite to eat (maybe Solita or Almost Famous), then just go to a few bars playing it by ear. See what peeps want to do later club wise or whatever, had a look on skiddle and there's some decent stuff on.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I had no idea about this! Unfortunately I have Manchester clubbing plans for tonight(/tomorrow morning hue hue). I will be in town a bit later this afternoon tho

NinjaBoiX

Ryan and I will be attending. We'll be at the northern quarters partying it up like it's 1999.
Gravy.
Aww, too bad. So close yet so far~ Maybe one day unless it's held in Knutsford for some reason.
Knutsford is so near mane, it's like 30 mins on the train! We'll be in town from about 8 if you change your mind.

(I thought you lived in the US?)

Edit: also, OP updated with some very vague plans but if you're in the centre you aren't going to be more than 10 mins away from wherever we are.

PM if you want my number to make it easier.

Gravy.

Knutsford is so near mane, it's like 30 mins on the train! We'll be in town from about 8 if you change your mind.

(I thought you lived in the US?)

Edit: also, OP updated with some very vague plans but if you're in the centre you aren't going to be more than 10 mins away from wherever we are.

PM if you want my number to make it easier.

Haha. Wish it were that easy. I had a baby and she turns into a pumpkin at 7. Still a bit away from proper nights out again. ;)

Cheers for the thought, though. And, I was in LA, then Australia, NOW England. Keep up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom