• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Q2 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Couple of shots I got very casually completely on auto everything. I think with a tripod and manual mode (ISO 500, 1/60 second exposure) and luck with timing you could get some vivid shots. I took like 300 shots and only a few were good.

I like to think of the power lines as leading lines.

Wasn't even sure I was going to see fireworks. Winery Tour was the concrete plan for the 4th. Drank my red, white, and blue.

Also, major thanks to jchap for PMing me details on a basic telescope configuration.

jchap

Forecast indicates tonight will be perfectly clear and calm with excellent seeing conditions.

My agenda:

1. Re-collimate SCT
2. Get my OAG problems sorted
3. Go after the Fireworks galaxy (being 4th of July weekend and all)

I spent this afternoon working on an anti friction modification to my mount's azimuth swivel to make polar alignment easier and I built a new flat box using a photoluminescent panel. Looking forward to seeing how it all works.

jokkir

t6te3z6.jpg

kY44qWq.jpg

DTgyWd8.jpg

I feel like I should start a Flickr account

jokkir

Yep, I'd follow you on it.

You should. I'd fav all of the three. Very pleasant to look at.

Thanks! I just made one this morning. If anyone wants to follow it, I think this is the link to it: https://flic.kr/ps/2UF5Uu

A few questions though:
- Before it gets too cluttered, how would you/how do you organize your photos? Each day has their own gallery or just upload all at once and if any significant event happens, that goes to its own gallery?
- What's the best way to share photos on here? I noticed lots of the posts here are clickable with a title at the side. Is there a button on Flickr that can do that for me? I have't really checked yet.
- What's your Flickr profiles? I'd like to follow more people too
3AQmK.gif

Damaged

Thanks! I just made one this morning. If anyone wants to follow it, I think this is the link to it: https://flic.kr/ps/2UF5Uu

A few questions though:
- Before it gets too cluttered, how would you/how do you organize your photos? Each day has their own gallery or just upload all at once and if any significant event happens, that goes to its own gallery?
- What's the best way to share photos on here? I noticed lots of the posts here are clickable with a title at the side. Is there a button on Flickr that can do that for me? I have't really checked yet.
3AQmK.gif

Have started following you

I tend to create albums for holidays, places I visit often or the types of film I shoot with

If you select the image you want to share, click on the arrow on the bottom right of the image, then select bbcode and the size of image you want to post and it will generate the link for you. Just copy and paste

Mine is above next to my image

DagsJT

A few questions though:
3AQmK.gif

Also added you.

I'm stuck trying to decide which services to use. Between EyeEm, VSCO Grid, Flickr and 500PX... Too much choice!

I'm finding EyeEm is probably my choice for mobile and 500PX for RX100 and mobile as both seem to have good communities and easier to get exposure.

Instagram is just people taking selfies and photos of their shoes. Awful.

Hi Photography GAF!

I'm not a pro by any means and I don't take photos regularly (hell, the only camera I have is my iPhone), but I recently remembered this shot I took and I figured it was worth sharing. I guess I just kind of lucked out with this one.

Grums

Neo Member
Fëanor;119828015 said:
Sweet pictures dude! I would be so paranoid of going alone into an abandon building.

Cheers. That building wasnt to bad, compared to other places. Strange noises etc, definitley creeps you out at times. Also, really liked the image you posted with the barn uner the stars. Has a very nice atmosphere to it.

Darkkn

How do you like that weird Sony camera...lens..thingy you are using? Followed.

Some recent shots. I really wish I lived in some exciting city that has interesting things to shoot around every corner. Helsinki starts to feel a bit dull.. maybe I just need to work harder to spot cool things.

x100s-3970 by Henri Kotka, on Flickr

x100s-3960-2 by Henri Kotka, on Flickr

Damaged

Some recent shots. I really wish I lived in some exciting city that has interesting things to shoot around every corner. Helsinki starts to feel a bit dull.. maybe I just need to work harder to spot cool things.

Thats what I really struggle with sadly, feel like I have shot every spot within a 20 mile radius haha, you want to swap cities?

I've had a really good weekend for Photos!

Glowing Stream by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Graffiti in the Stinky Stairwell by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Too right you have, love these two

Tugatrix

jokkir

Also added you.

I'm stuck trying to decide which services to use. Between EyeEm, VSCO Grid, Flickr and 500PX... Too much choice!

I'm finding EyeEm is probably my choice for mobile and 500PX for RX100 and mobile as both seem to have good communities and easier to get exposure.

Instagram is just people taking selfies and photos of their shoes. Awful.

I have the same problem too. I just end up putting it on most depending how I like the image but most of it goes to Instagram because that's where I feel will get the most views. I'm still new at any type of photography so it's nice seeing that attention to my picture lol >>

How do you like that weird Sony camera...lens..thingy you are using? Followed.

I'll put up some impressions soon. I was going to put it on /r/photography first on reddit since someone asked but I'll probably say it here before there.

Also, trying out this flickr sharing thing
Flower by simulatron, on Flickr

jchap

Turns out the Fireworks Galaxy is pretty dim and behind a spiral arm of the Milky Way. What does it all mean? That I need at least a few more hours of data before I'll have an image with the noise under control.

Here is what I got with the data I captured on Saturday:

X66Khcsl.jpg

Grums

Neo Member
Turns out the Fireworks Galaxy is pretty dim and behind a spiral arm of the Milky Way. What does it all mean? That I need at least a few more hours of data before I'll have an image with the noise under control.

Here is what I got with the data I captured on Saturday:

X66Khcsl.jpg

That galaxy picture is amazing. Love looking at those photos.

More abandoned stuff. Tried to mess around a bit with the light on my phone, place was near pitch black.

https://flic.kr/p/oh3h4a by Lee3D, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/nXM5rX by Lee3D, on Flickr

jokkir

SD card I use for the camera broke just now. Lost the original of the picture I last posted :(. Oh well, I wanted to format the card soon anyway and good thing I back up every so often.

Last year I kickstarted the Lomography x Zenit Petzval Lens and just used it for the first time on my X-E2 via a Nikon F adaptor and I'm really happy with the results.

Petzval In The Park by Heliconsoul, on Flickr

It's not overly sharp, and it's really fiddly to use, but for portrait and single subject stuff it's lovely. A one trick pony but a good one.

Not worth £450 as it is, but for £260 through Kickstarter it's great and the build quality is outstanding.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Fëanor;119971105 said:
Sweet pictures guys!!

I have posted pictures of Nashville before, but not sure about this set.

Nice! I grew up in the Nashville area (Brentwood to be more specific) but I instantly recognize and nostalgia over.

I think you're limited by your lens' aperture. I think you could get more detail with double the exposure time if you cannot change your lens.

At some point I'm going to do more night photography in Austin with time lapse, but I'm preoccupied with the prospects of home ownership for the next few months maybe. Oh well, Austin is much more temperate in October anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom