• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

cabot

giphy.gif

cabot

I could have sworn I posted Something today, but I guess that was yesterday.

Also what is wifom

maybe you posted and then dropped off, it has happened before.

It reminds me of a time where my friends and I were buck naked and we then started

squidyj

I think there's a possibility that cabot's vote on sophia is right on the money but if there's a specific thing he's seeing I'm not seeing it. Regardless it's making me read him as more town.

maybe you posted and then dropped off, it has happened before.

It reminds me of a time where my friends and I were buck naked and we then started

Go on.

Gorlak

Banned
I could have sworn I posted Something today, but I guess that was yesterday.

Oh yes, sorry. I missed your one post right under Stanley's one post of the day. Your excused for today, no need to contribute anymore!

Also what is wifom
Wine in front of me ~ (mafiascum explanation)

Cabot, WHY .. another poem? What is up with that? I really hoped you wouldn't post one today, just to keep this nonsense out of the game! wtf. I have to ask again: Are you obliged to post them?

Just post a cat gif.

Gorlak

Banned
Zipped states cabot is gambiting in his first post, only to retreat in the next post saying it would be a dumb town move and he could be scum or neutral. What were you actually suggesting Zipped? What do you think of cabot as of now? Dumb town?

He (intentionally?) misinterpreted my need for clarification on this matter in post 221 and never came back to answer my immediate response. Looks like he hoped everyone would forget about it, and that nearly seemed to work. Nearly...

Vote: zippedpinhead

His next action was an OMGUS vote on Stanley. Later he changed his vote to Droplet. So what is your current stance on Stanley? And what do you think of StarSketch?

You were also very quiet so far today, are you hoping you can fly under the radar?

Zipped states cabot is gambiting in his first post, only to retreat in the next post saying it would be a dumb town move and he could be scum or neutral. What were you actually suggesting Zipped? What do you think of cabot as of now? Dumb town?

He (intentionally?) misinterpreted my need for clarification on this matter in post 221 and never came back to answer my immediate response. Looks like he hoped everyone would forget about it, and that nearly seemed to work. Nearly...

His next action was an OMGUS vote on Stanley. Later he changed his vote to Droplet. So what is your current stance on Stanley? And what do you think of StarSketch?

You were also very quiet so far today, are you hoping you can fly under the radar?

For the record, i like gambits, so I assume people that do things I don't agree with are running gambits. #unecessarygambit I also think Cabot is town, as frustrating as that is with the Miller play.

I also didn't find your post worth commenting on, so I didn't. Stanley is still high on my scum list, but largely for the same reasons I would be on people's scum lists. Inactivity and scummy posts. I switched to droplet because the few that voted for her before I did had made a convincing argument. We were wrong; but that didn't make the argument less convincing at the time.

So Star and Stanley are non-presences, which is always helpful. From a metagaming perspective, I see Star being overly inactive as a scumtell.

I really haven't been a fan of anything Flame has said today. Especially that comment with the OMGUS vote on Squidy, but it's not like his other contributions have been especially meaningful either. The assumption that the chip is a scum PR too is something I can't really agree with until we know what it does, and even then it wouldn't completely clear Cabot. He's probably my biggest scum read right now.

Squidy's behaviour has just felt odd. Towards the end of yesterday he started making some decent contributions, but I feel like he could go either way right now, and with how heavy games have been on bussing recently, Flame flipping scum wouldn't clear him for me. Infact, his vote today kind of gives me scum bussing scum vibes. His reaction to the kill also kind of bothers me, especially mentioning the possibility of a switcher, Flame had a similar reaction too.

Vote: Flame_AC

I'd also lean slightly scum on Zipped too, but not strongly enough that I could make a solid case for it. Those would be my main scum candidates so far.

so this is based more on of a gut feeling than anything specific, but it feels like the only direction ill be going in right now.

Gorlak

Banned
For the record, i like gambits, so I assume people that do things I don't agree with are running gambits. #unecessarygambit I also think Cabot is town, as frustrating as that is with the Miller play.

I also didn't find your post worth commenting on, so I didn't. Stanley is still high on my scum list, but largely for the same reasons I would be on people's scum lists. Inactivity and scummy posts. I switched to droplet because the few that voted for her before I did had made a convincing argument. We were wrong; but that didn't make the argument less convincing at the time.

Hm, weird logic. Everyone is gambiting when you don't agree with it :D

Anyway, you admit Stanley is as good as a lynch target as you? Anyone else you think is suspicious?

You also missed my question for an opinion on StarSketch.

Gorlak

Banned
honestly, yeah.

i mean i could just state the obvious about everything, but i think the rest of you kinda had that covered.

Are you serious? All you can offer is a gut feel on zipped and the rest is obvious and was already talked about? How do you expect us to form an opinion about you? How do you expect town to win, when you do NOTHING? Get your shit together and help town win the game, unless you don't want that to happen of course. Give out a read list! Tell me who do you think acts suspicious. Do something ffs.

Sophia

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm still a bit tired. Going to pop off some quick reads real fast.

Gorlak and Cabot - Gorlak was grilling me pretty hard there, and made it pretty clear he didn't like my reaction, alongside the implication of something bad ("I wonder what that could mean...?") Yet despite all this, he didn't throw a vote on me. To me, this says either he wasn't confident enough about me being scum to vote for me (for whatever reason) or he was throwing suspicion on me in hopes it'd pick up traction. Not too long after this, Cabot comes in with a vote on me, and refuses to explain it when asked by Star. He's now since swapped his vote over to StanleyPalmtree, which seems like a reactionary vote to Stanley voting Zipped. That whole exchange does not give me good vibes.

Crimson - As Gorlak noted, his behavior is similar to how he was in Gods. He comes in, adds some good information or asks the right questions, and disappears for a bit. I'm not one for meta observations too much, so I'd rather judge him based upon this game. I'm slightly town reading him right now. I'll give his posts a better read over once I'm more fully awake.

squidyj - Slight town read. His aggression has cooled off a bit. He seems to think "that cabot's vote on sophia is right on the money" but question the specifics of what cabot was seeing. Despite this, he town read him.

Kawl - Big poster in this thread so far, yet oddly I don't have a strong read right now. I need to look him over again when I'm not tired.

StarSketch and StanleyPalmtree - Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you? We've got some work to do now. Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you? We need some help from you now. Stanley is at least starting to post more, but I still don't have very strong reads from him.

Royal Flush - He doesn't post as much as the others, but he does provided pretty extensive posts when he does. He's in the same category as Kawl and Crimson in that I need to go over and read his posts again.

Flame_AC - We've talked about his Day 1 behaviour a bit. As for Day 2... he's tossed a vote down on me, while still being for squidy He later tossed his vote back on Squidy, while saying that the chip makes cabot more town. I'm not so certain I fully agree with that, but I understand the angle that he's coming from there at least, and he has explained himself.

flatearthpandas - Need to read over his posts again. Thought Royal would be the night kill target, and he was apparently feeling "Royal, Kawl, and idk. Starsketch can hold onto the spot if i need a name." Cabot threw a vote on him and then moved it. Seems to have thought everyone was in agreement with the droplet lynch, which is a somewhat inaccurate assessment given the inactivity at the end of Day 1.

Zippedpinhead - Hoo boy. Already noted how he felt about Cabot and his gambit, and of course his vote swapping from Stanley to Droplet on Day 1. Apparently he's town reading cabot? It's hard to get a read on him because he hasn't actually said much on Day 2. A couple of people throwing a vote on him now. Gorlak is doing a pretty good job of justifying his vote. Stanley... not so much.

Sophia

Shouldn't have moved my vote.

You didn't really explain your vote too much on me or Stanley. That being said, Stanley's gut vote didn't sit well with me either.

Also, as much as I admire your Radiohead song, I am not a witch. I am a robot. And burning robots is highly ineffective. =p

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

Flame_AC (2)
squidyj
CrimsonFist

StanleyPalmtree (2)
cabot
Gorlak

squidyj (1)
Flame_AC
Flame_AC

Zippedpinhead (1)
Gorlak
StanleyPalmtree

flatearthpandas (0)
cabot

Sophia (0)
Sophia
Flame_AC
cabot

7 votes are needed for majority.

Day 2 ends in:
blu_1462482000.png

No. What i meant was that even people with no vote on her voiced opinions on droplet being an okay target. So there's more to consider than just the actual, while those are important. I got called out for including her on a scum reads with almost no explanation, and others, though, certainly not everyone, voiced some suspicion without voting.

I guess my takeaway is just that I don't expect more than two scum on the vote, if even that. I wouldn't be surprised if there were none

Gorlak

Banned
Please Sophia, my rhetorical question at the end of my post was clearly a joke at your expense. Yes, I'm not confident enough to justify a vote on you at the moment. Adding to this is the fact that you are one of the few who actively post in this game. And I'd rather not vote out activity when 2/3 of the players are leaning back and let everything happen without engaging in the conversation. And if there is a player who's inactive and more suspicious I'll rather vote him out.

I can see cabot throwing his vote at you to fish for some reactions (like all of his late shitposting behaviour). That doesn't mean I like his behaviour though.

squidyj

apparently I said a sophia vote is right on the money, I should probably follow through on that if I don't want to be accused of flipflopping or not folowing through.

Vote: Sophia

Sophia

so this is based more on of a gut feeling than anything specific, but it feels like the only direction ill be going in right now.

Why does Zipped feel like the only direction you'll be going in? You don't have any other opinions on anyone else? You seemed to have more a gut read on him on Day 1 saying he hadn't contributed a single worthwhile post that day...

So end of day yesterday. Squid is leading the vote at t-3 hours. Kawl puts in a tie on zipped to shake things up. Droplet had two votes at this point. Nukedeggs throws a bit of shade my way before the tie and cabot jumps on it but no votes.

Flame breaks the tie toward droplet about 2.5 hours before deadline. An hour later Royal and Star seal the deal. End of day is quiet.

Worth noting, droplet vote started with a cabot shitpost and then squidy omgus' her with pretty weak (imo) reasoning. Cabot jumps off.

Sophia and I both voiced agreement with the droplet lynch, me in my list that Sophia found suspicious, Sophia herself as a sort of yolo who cares reaction to the train later. Maybe not as much agreement as i remembered, but that still gives 7 of 14 players at least with some vocalized consent.

I guess between zipped and squid, I feel like there's one scum. Likely not both of them. Maybe another between flame, royal, and star. Flame walked out of the abyss to start the three-way tie, raising the stakes from the two-way kawl purposefully set up.

Vote: squidyj

Kawl_USC

From what I can see Sophia never had a vote on her yesterday and left her vote on Stanley instead of putting skin in the game for the three way tie. Was there a reason for that Sophia?

I also agree with some of the postulating that there is scum in the pair of squid and zipped. I believe there was possibly a scum in the last 3 voters and that they pushed a third target there seemed to be enough bit on in order to save their chum. Have gotten up to this page on my reread and gathering thoughts process should hopefully finish up tonight after softball but overmatch may get in the way. I will say this roaring activity is sure fun (scum if you kill a top 5 poster n2 and continue the trend of choking activity I hate you forever).

If I had to guess scum team I'd probably say Sophia, Flame, Squid.

With that in mind
Vote: Flame_AC

That might change as I finish the deep read of this final page and look back over my notes. But this will do for now before leave for softball.

Sophia

From what I can see Sophia never had a vote on her yesterday and left her vote on Stanley instead of putting skin in the game for the three way tie. Was there a reason for that Sophia?

I did not feel very strongly about Droplet, and was more interested in a Stanley or Flame_AC lynch because of their inactivity and/or inconsistencies. Droplet was there and a part of the active conversation, responding to my questions and stuff, which made me slightly town read her. Likewise, I was and still am town reading squidyj. As for Zipped, I didn't give him too much of a look over beyond the initial gambit comment + him answering your questions. Although I did notice he said Day 1 was important for reads, but hasn't really given too many reads on Day 2.

cabot

I mean I deliberately left it vague for you both . Multi tasking

What gorlak said about sophia is what I've been picking up on. Lots of read lists, few strong opinions, a distant cold tone. Her non reaction to my vote was quite bad considering I gave no reason and no shits. I am equally suspicious of star for just ignoring my retort.

Gorlak means well with his oh gee, she's active let's keep her around. There's probably 3 scum in 14 players, sunshine. Rng doesn't dictate activity.

Sophia

Hey Cabot, you said in Day 1 that Gorlak seemed like he was chasing every avenue. Do you still feel that way?

Flame_AC

So Kawl seems to be in agreement that there is a scum between Squidy and Zip, then votes me on the idea that I'm in a group of three that could be scum. Doesn't it make mathematical sense to go with the one out of two first, you got 50/50 odds there.

I mean I deliberately left it vague for you both . Multi tasking

What gorlak said about sophia is what I've been picking up on. Lots of read lists, few strong opinions, a distant cold tone. Her non reaction to my vote was quite bad considering I gave no reason and no shits. I am equally suspicious of star for just ignoring my retort.

Gorlak means well with his oh gee, she's active let's keep her around. There's probably 3 scum in 14 players, sunshine. Rng doesn't dictate activity.

-facepalm-

It never occurred to me to say something about that, despite it ringing all kinds of alarm bells.

And I will ask again- where is the Sophia vote coming from, or am I just missing something super obvious here.

squidyj

I want to ask everyone a simple question with a simple yes or no answer. the question is this.
"do you believe there is at least one scum in the group of zippedpinhead, flame_ac, and squidyj?"

I'm asking EVERYONE to answer this simple question please.

I don't agree with the reading into the voting patterns from yesterday until we have some scum flips, I think that's a poor lead to chase right now.

Ignoring that point though, those three read fairly scummy to me for reasons I already posted, so I think there's a a fair chance that at least one is scum.

Saying that, Star and Stanley's continued non-contributions are making me very tempted to flip my vote to one of those two.

squidyj

I don't agree with the reading into the voting patterns from yesterday until we have some scum flips, I think that's a poor lead to chase right now.

Ignoring that point though, those three read fairly scummy to me for reasons I already posted, so I think there's a a fair chance that at least one is scum.

Saying that, Star and Stanley's continued non-contributions are making me very tempted to flip my vote to one of those two.

is that a yes?

Top Bottom