• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

Ehh, I guess right now I'm feeling Royal, Kawl, and idk. Starsketch can hold onto the spot if i need a name.

I thought Royal would be the nk because he struck me as one of the more active and useful posters yesterday with no real suspicion on him. The most noticeable thing about nukedeggs to me was so many people finding her super town.

Cabot is my other top poster, but wasn't expecting an nk due to miller status.

cabot

She was being fairly proactive and open with her opinions and thoughts, I didn't read her as super town myself I find her difficult to read, but she wasn't gonna die day 1. She didn't do anything that would put her in my day 1 lynch considerations.

Yeah, didn't expect the nk but had noticed a few people singling her out as super town. So when i saw the d2 post it was kind of surprised but then not surprised. Have some thought about it but not anything worth discussing atm.

Sophia

I'll note Sophia's vote on Stanley, which seems a bit safe to me. I don't particularly read her as scum, but to be uninvolved in all the lynch candidates is strange. Can you remind me of your feelings on Droplet, squidy and zipped, Sophia?

I noted my opinion of Droplet about an hour before Day 1. That there were people just as scummy and/or inactive, and I stick by that. The person I voted for, Stanley? Only has one post in Day 2 speculating on flavor. StarSketch, who was on the lynch train for Droplet? One post so far in Day 2 also speculating on the flavor, and couldn't even justify her vote on Droplet to begin with.

I'm not sure what to think of Squidy. He was all over the place in Day 1, but I wasn't scum reading him at the time. Still don't have much of a scum read on him, even if his aggression is a bit weird. Rather quick to jump on the Flame_AC vote at the start of Day 2, which Flame_AC responded with what is essentially an OMGUS vote. I can understand his logic for the Flame_AC vote, at least.

As for Zipped... he bothers me a bit. I can't place my finger on it, but it doesn't strike me as a town player. Rather, I feel like he's coasting under the radar a bit. Some Day 1 things that stick out to me, doing a quick read over:

He immediately suggested you were running a gambit in Day 1.

Seemed to have thought Kawl was inactive for whatever reason, and voted for Stanley with a typo vote.

Jumps on Droplet just a few posts later, despite the fact that Stanley didn't do much in the face of his vote.

Gave Star a bit of a pass on Day 1.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

Flame_AC (1)
squidyj

squidyj (1)
Flame_AC

flatearthpandas (1)
cabot

7 votes are needed for majority.

Day 2 ends in:
blu_1462482000.png

Sophia

After work and just done catching up.

Nukedeggs, I've had not had the pleasure to play with you until now. I hope you will be back.

In regards to the thread, squidyj why open the day with a flame_AC vote? I mean there was a little heat on him yesterday but what do you see that I don't from the end of yesterday?

About the banana, I can think of a couple different things it could be. My thoughts are itcould be a delayed role block or a poison.

It could also do nothing. What did the fruit in PW do again?

i might just be reading into flavor too much, but sophias banana doesn't strike me as a poison,
the flavor of feeling 'fruity and strange' makes me think its effect will be something weirder as opposed to something just objectively threatening.
but i guess time will tell on this mystery.

I'm back. Yesterday was my first evening at my new part time job (barkeeper), I'll have time to read and comment more detailed in a few hours.

Of the top of my mind:

banana and chip? I doubt that scum has a regular second kill in a game with 14 players, that would shorten the game drastically. Maybe it's some kind of one-shot kill (the chip) or one of the claimed items is a roleblock?

The very quiet day end suggest that scum was satisfied with how it went? I know I missed out and I'm sorry. I was surprised to see Droplet gone as she had only one vote the last time I was able to read the day in that phase. My scum suspects were Squidyj, zipped and Droplet. Zipped never answered my post yesterday and just got away with ignoring it. I don't know what to think about Squidyj going for Droplet. I'll look into it later.

Hmm... all three of you are suggesting it's a roleblock? Or in Stanley's case something weirder?

Seeing as this thread is going nowhere fast, I've kind of had a bit to think on it... I'm not so certain it's a roleblock tho.

cabot

It's probably best to see what happens after a night phase, I don't think there's anything to say on it until you get affected by it somehow.

Gorlak

Banned
Vote count please.

I'm eating lunch right now, and this thread isn't moving very fast. Apologizes if you think me trying to bring up any discussion is somehow a bad idea.
Well, I wanted you to avoid signaling wether you have a pr or not.

They said a 5 player mafia game would never work. Well look at us go.

You're last statement about cabot was "well, he is scottish". Do you believe him to tell the truth? You seem ambiguous.

Gorlak

Banned
Okay. Sorian was reading apparently. Well, I don't know it seems like talking about the banana/chip isn't helping for now. Reading thread again

cabot

Flame you came out of the woodwork just to post a reaction to sophia's vote?

Surely something must be on your mind.

Kawl_USC

Vote count please.

Well, I wanted you to avoid signaling wether you have a pr or not.

You're last statement about cabot was "well, he is scottish". Do you believe him to tell the truth? You seem ambiguous.

I find myself less sure of that today than I did day 1. the fall out of this coin issue should impact how I continue to feel about the laddie.

Sophia

Hey Gorlak, seeing as you're here, how do you feel about Squidyj and Zipped now? I noticed you expressed suspicion about them earlier.

Flame_AC

Flame you came out of the woodwork just to post a reaction to sophia's vote?

Surely something must be on your mind.

I woke up and am trying to make a quick post before heading to lunch. I'll give a better one in a couple hours, now it's lunch time.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

Flame_AC (1)
squidyj

flatearthpandas (1)
cabot

Sophia (1)
Sophia
Flame_AC

squidyj (0)
Flame_AC

7 votes are needed for majority.

Day 2 ends in:
blu_1462482000.png

Since you all are checking on votes :p

Kawl_USC

Has squid posted today? Curious if he's still going hard on Flame or if he's had any change of heart.

What about you, master flame? Is kalimari still on your menu?

Gorlak

Banned
Huh, I can finally pinpoint what exactly makes me feel uneasy about Sophia this time around.

I do find it interesting that Royal brought up the idea of cabot potentially claiming if he has another power role or not, and then cabot getting that chip the next day. I'm not sure what to make of it tho...
Huh.... you're right. Wonder what's up with that?

She often comments on events/posts, but leaves it "open" for interpretation. She implicitly accuses somebody, but refuses to openly say it. I'd have to look for more examples, but those posts were D2 material.

Kawl_USC

Huh, I can finally pinpoint what exactly makes me feel uneasy about Sophia this time around.

She often comments on events/posts, but leaves it "open" for interpretation. She implicitly accuses somebody, but refuses to openly say it. I'd have to look for more examples, but those posts were D2 material.

I'm not disagreeing (as it's something that's come to my mind as well especially with her link tastic posts which could easily be used to build a narrative) but she previously stated that she was happy with her note taking/ability to notice strange things but frustrated with her inability to draw the correct conclusions from said observations.

Sophia

Squidyj brought this up on Day 1 too. I'm sure you can find some examples there. His comment and my reply, for your convenience..

nah, it's totally a #scumtell
but if you want something that's actually suspicious think about Sophia 'noticing' things without ascribing explicit meaning to what she's noticing. The unspoken assumption is that she finds these things to be suspicious but if challenged on the subject she leaves herself room to extricate. Perhaps she hopes that someone else will jump on the things she says and lead a lynch against a town target.

Also think about droplet who said she was trying to give her reads list in response to my prodding when the chronology of events says that is not the case.

Or alternatively, the observations really are just observations and I'm pointing them out because I feel that others haven't. Or I want a second opinion on them. Also if my intent was to lead a lynch against a town target, don't you think I would have pushed a bit more strongly on particular areas, instead of conceding to certain points as I did with Royal?

My point on that remains the same.

In the two examples you specifically quoted, I was waiting to hear more from Royal about it, but he hasn't replied yet.

Gorlak

Banned
Hey Gorlak, seeing as you're here, how do you feel about Squidyj and Zipped now? I noticed you expressed suspicion about them earlier.

Squidyj is notably quieter today and started the day with a flame vote. I don't understand why he asked Flame if he is a power role. He's still suspicious to me.

Zipped is a bit higher on my scum suspect list though. As I have mentioned one or two times he didn't care to give any reason or acknowledge that I called him out on the gambit thing. Nobody thinks this is a big deal?

It's a bit awkward talking about the "lynch train" when I'm part of it. However, if we find Scum in the late adopters that would be an indicator that squidyj or Zipped (or both) are Scum. Because why would they push a bandwagon on Droplet if none of their own was in danger? The question now is if we first want to check squdyj and Zipped or StarSketch and Flame (and me I guess). The problem with this is that we would soft-thunderdome quite early and leave Cabot, Crimson, FEP, Gorlak, Kawl and Stanley in a quite comfortable position. On the other hand, none of the four people (I'm excluding myself here) strikes me as particular towny (Maybe squidyj a bit, but only a light leaning)...

Any reason you only left out Sophia in the list above?

But do you regret not moving your vote? Do you still think squidyj should be lynched? Also remarkable that your three suspects ended up in three-way tie before myself and StarSketch broke it.

I don't regret not moving my vote, he was the most suspicious to me yesterday. I've not made up my mind if he should be the lynch today though.

Gorlak

Banned
Sophia gets a pass for saying: "my ability to draw conclusions is soooo bad, I can't give you any opinions, please I'm still active and only influence everyone a bit more subtly"

Like seriously? She argues that if she wanted to lead a lynch against a town target she'd be more aggressive... too bad we exactly lynched town yesterday? Yeah she didn't vote any of the candidates yesterday and wasted it on somebody with no other votes on him only to call out the lynch wagon first thing today.

And you wanted to hear from Royal? Yet you prefered to post an open question rather than asking him explicitly what he thinks/means. I'd say you know exactly what you're doing with your way of posting.

Sophia

Sophia gets a pass for saying: "my ability to draw conclusions is soooo bad, I can't give you any opinions, please I'm still active and only influence everyone a bit more subtly"

Like seriously? She argues that if she wanted to lead a lynch against a town target she'd be more aggressive... too bad we exactly lynched town yesterday? Yeah she didn't vote any of the candidates yesterday and wasted it on somebody with no other votes on him only to call out the lynch wagon first thing today.

And you wanted to hear from Royal? Yet you prefered to post an open question rather than asking him explicitly what he thinks/means. I'd say you know exactly what you're doing with your way of posting.

Sorry that I didn't explicitly add Royal's name to my post. It was a quick reaction to what Squidyj posted after I had already made my own post. More then that, you don't find anything suspicious about the fact that Royal wanted Cabot to consider claiming if he was an ordinary miller or not? Or his flip on positions? Or the fact that cabot got a chip the day after?

And no, I shouldn't get a pass on it. I've stated where I stand, and why I post the way I do, and I'll defend it if called out.

I hardly think calling out the lynch wagon is the most suspicious thing in the world, either. It's a logical place to start looking for scum given the nature of the votes on it. I also haven't ignored Stanley. He's one of the people I'd very much like to hear more from beyond simply speculating flavor.

Gorlak

Banned
Flame shenanigans all revolve around him hinting at something and not coming clear with it. He reasons he doesn't want to reveal more information to scum than necessary. Which is a good reason to keep quiet. I'm inclined to believe him for now.

But I don't understand this here:
On the bright side, cabot is likely to be town considering a visible PR did something to affect him. Could be scum targeting scum though, but for now I lean town.
I don't understand. Why is cabot any more confirmed than yesterday? Because he says he got a chip?

Gorlak

Banned
Sorry that I didn't explicitly add Royal's name to my post. It was a quick reaction to what Squidyj posted after I had already made my own post. More then that, you don't find anything suspicious about the fact that Royal wanted Cabot to consider claiming if he was an ordinary miller or not? Or his flip on positions? Or the fact that cabot got a chip the day after?

And no, I shouldn't get a pass on it. I've stated where I stand, and why I post the way I do, and I'll defend it if called out.

I hardly think calling out the lynch wagon is the most suspicious thing in the world, either. It's a logical place to start looking for scum given the nature of the votes on it. I also haven't ignored Stanley. He's one of the people I'd very much like to hear more from beyond simply speculating flavor.

You're mixing up the topics here. I'll gladly look at your questions concerning Flush later. And I never said you ignored Stanley. You kept yourself in a comfort zone, not deciding the lynch but laying your vote to the side. Afterwards you immediatly throw dirt at the lynchers.

Right now all you "defend" yourself with is diverting attention to other topics, while keeping your attitude of only pointing out and noticing things, because others are better at interpreting. You belittle the fact that your manner of asking questions influences people in a much different way. Your reaction here isn't giving me the best vibes. I wonder what that could mean...?

Sophia

You're mixing up the topics here. I'll gladly look at your questions concerning Flush later. And I never said you ignored Stanley. You kept yourself in a comfort zone, not deciding the lynch but laying your vote to the side. Afterwards you immediatly throw dirt at the lynchers.

Right now all you "defend" yourself with is diverting attention to other topics, while keeping your attitude of only pointing out and noticing things, because others are better at interpreting. You belittle the fact that your manner of asking questions influences people in a much different way. Your reaction here isn't giving me the best vibes. I wonder what that could mean...?

I admit, I don't have exactly a counterpoint to your questions here. Yes, my manner of asking questions influences people. That is why I ask them. I can't win a game of Mafia on my own, and I know first hand that my ability to figure stuff out isn't the best. I am reliant on my observations and other players to win and therefore need to find out who might be scum and who might be town. :\

I feel it's a bit disingenuous tho to say that I'm mixing up topics here however when you are discussing multiple topics yourself.

squidyj

Has squid posted today? Curious if he's still going hard on Flame or if he's had any change of heart.

What about you, master flame? Is kalimari still on your menu?

My thought is still that there was at least one scum on that droplet vote so I want to focus on that list and right now the scummiest person on that list for me is Flame.

The way I see it there's 2 possibilities, zipped was scum and mafia was happy to help push the vote away from their boy.

or none of us 3 were scum and mafia had no reason to be late-voting or bandwagoning. in which case we need to reevaluate some shit or something.

Ehh, I guess right now I'm feeling Royal, Kawl, and idk. Starsketch can hold onto the spot if i need a name.

I thought Royal would be the nk because he struck me as one of the more active and useful posters yesterday with no real suspicion on him. The most noticeable thing about nukedeggs to me was so many people finding her super town.

Cabot is my other top poster, but wasn't expecting an nk due to miller status.
These three people on the top are your top Scum? And right afterwards you say you expected me to be NK'd and that I was one of the more active (Surely not) and more useful (maybe) posters? How does that work?

Any reason you only left out Sophia in the list above?
No, I just accidently skipped over writing her name.

In the two examples you specifically quoted, I was waiting to hear more from Royal about it, but he hasn't replied yet.
You mean like here to squidyj, who was the one who started this "flip-flopping" discussion? For your convenience here is what I responded:
'flip-flopping". There were more than 24 hours between those posts in which Cabot gave a solid performance. From "guy who claimed Miller" to "one of the driving forces who happened to have claimed Miller". You don't lynch the people who drive discussion in the early stages of the game (especially in a quiet game like this), regardless if you're leaning Scum on them (well except there is strong evidence of course. But as it's D1...). That's why Sorian never gets lynched. Because he's useful, even as Scum.
As for the chip: I didn't even realize that was a question. I know exactly as much about the chip as you do. Unless you are the one who gave it out than I know less about it than you. I also don't see how bringing the idea to the table that Cabot might have a PR in addition to his Miller trait has anything to do with the chip...

Flame_AC

I'm gonna make a series.

"Flame reacts to _________"

Round 1: Flame reacts to lunch:

Lunch was really good, I had a bacon wrap and some fries.

Flame shenanigans all revolve around him hinting at something and not coming clear with it. He reasons he doesn't want to reveal more information to scum than necessary. Which is a good reason to keep quiet. I'm inclined to believe him for now.

But I don't understand this here:

I don't understand. Why is cabot any more confirmed than yesterday? Because he says he got a chip?

Oh you. ;)

cabot is more confirmed today than yesterday purely because of the chip, some sort of PR affected him and it was more then likely a scum one, at least that's what I think.

Vote: squidyj

Sophia

You mean like here to squidyj, who was the one who started this "flip-flopping" discussion? For your convenience here is what I responded:

As for the chip: I didn't even realize that was a question. I know exactly as much about the chip as you do. Unless you are the one who gave it out than I know less about it than you. I also don't see how bringing the idea to the table that Cabot might have a PR in addition to his Miller trait has anything to do with the chip...

Thank you. I missed over that part of the reply. And no, I didn't give the chip out.

Flame_AC

We don't know what it does yet. Why do you think that it's a scum one?

Because it's a visible status effect given to a player. Those are usually scum PR's, and so having it done to cabot gives him more credibility in my eyes. I could also see it as a scum play where they gave a suspicious item to an already suspicious miller in the hopes of getting an easy lynch out of him.

These three people on the top are your top Scum? And right afterwards you say you expected me to be NK'd and that I was one of the more active (Surely not) and more useful (maybe) posters? How does that work?
Certainly not active, I misspoke there. I was actually surprised how few posts you had when I looked at that at the end of day. How this works is that when players I perceive as more useful to the town survive longer than ones I perceive as less useful, I get suspicious. Thre is the thing with your vote on Droplet as well.

Gorlak

Banned
Crickets at this party. We need to liven this up!
You are absolutely right, so why don't you try to post more?

Oh you. ;)

cabot is more confirmed today than yesterday purely because of the chip, some sort of PR affected him and it was more then likely a scum one, at least that's what I think.
Am I missing something? You still just say: He claims to have a chip now, that's why I believe he's town today. For the record: I believe cabot to tell the truth (since the start of the game). I just find your reasoning and change of position about cabot interesting.

Also can you elaborate why squidyj is your vote today, when clearly the "squidy train" was really misguided yesterday? His supposed townieness vanished in your eyes? It looks like you are simply OMGUS voting him.
I've kept up with the thread well enough and I think that the Squidy train is really misguided. All of his posts, to me, have been very helpful or somewhat beneficial. I like his argument about Droplet, though I do not agree with him theorizing a bunch of scum are all on his vote. Probably just one.

Gorlak

Banned
Kawl is giving me serious neutral vibes here. I played with town and scum Kawl before, but this one here feels different somehow, it's more of a gut feeling (and meta, yay). So I'm not looking at Kawl today.

Crimson gives the exact same impression as in gods. Lurking and following the thread, occasionally asking investigative questions. His "passive" approach (as nuked called it) makes it a bit hard to read him. Nukedeggs voted for him yesterday. I doubt that scum would would be so blatant to remove suspicion from crimson with killing her, but that's wifom at it's best. At this moment I'm leaning town on him.

Also is it time to prod StarSketch already? She hasn't posted yet ... Sorian?

cabot

Stay in the shadows
Cheer at the gallows
This is a round up

This is a low flying panic attack
Sing a song on the jukebox that goes

Burn the witch
Burn the witch
We know where you live

Red crosses on wooden doors
And if you float you burn
Loose talk around tables
Abandon all reason
Avoid all eye contact
Do not react
Shoot the messengers

This is a low flying panic attack
Sing the song of sixpence that goes

Burn the witch
Burn the witch
We know where you live
We know where you live

OK, technically not a poem, but you'll get it anyway.

Sophia

Kawl is giving me serious neutral vibes here. I played with town and scum Kawl before, but this one here feels different somehow, it's more of a gut feeling (and meta, yay). So I'm not looking at Kawl today.

Crimson gives the exact same impression as in gods. Lurking and following the thread, occasionally asking investigative questions. His "passive" approach (as nuked called it) makes it a bit hard to read him. Nukedeggs voted for him yesterday. I doubt that scum would would be so blatant to remove suspicion from crimson with killing her, but that's wifom at it's best. At this moment I'm leaning town on him.

Star posted earlier commenting on the flavor, but it was really brief. And yes I'm inclined to agree with you on Crimson.

I could have sworn I posted Something today, but I guess that was yesterday.

Also what is wifom

VOTE: Sophia

oh yeaaaah boom kerploooww

Mind explaining?

Top Bottom