• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

squidyj

Doing a reads list because why not:

SquidyJ: don't make jokes about having certain roles like that it's really confusing and not helpful to town. Him being aggressive is something I recall being annoyed with him about so I guess that's normal???

Gorlak: I don't remember if I've played with him before, (then again he's in my phone's dictionary so I guess we have) but I don't remember much about his specific style. That said his play isn't looking particularly weird to me? Aside from the poem thing I guess.

Droplet: really quiet, not really doing much. you guys were reading way too hard on the ice cream thing. Reminded me of something that happened in PW involving burgers or something.

Top town:
Sophia (making good discussion so far.)
Kawl (someone brought up his vote on me, I assumed it was a joke since it was super early on. Seems to be making good discussion though. Did a weird thing in regards to Sqidy's 'joke' but maybe he read it for what it was and joked back? Idk )

i'm sorry about confusing you, i'm actually an unlynchable night kill immune serial killer. I win just by being here. I hope that clears things up.

Vote: StarSketch

Whilst I'm willing to take the ice cream thing at face value, the burger comment in PW actually was a breadcrumb, although a very pro town one.

Whilst I'm willing to take the ice cream thing at face value, the burger comment in PW actually was a breadcrumb, although a very pro town one.

-face palms- right. I remembered there being a whole bunch of confusion surrounding the comment for a while, which I guess was what the Droplet thing reminded me of but yeah it was a breadcrumb.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count:

StarSketch (3)
Kawl_USC
cabot
squidyj

squidyj (2)
Gorlak
CrimsonFist

cabot (1)
squidyj
Flame_AC

Please see spreadsheet for all of the unvotes on people who do not currently have votes, I'm at work actually working.

8 votes for majority.

Sophia

Droplet: really quiet, not really doing much. you guys were reading way too hard on the ice cream thing. Reminded me of something that happened in PW involving burgers or something.

At first, I was inclined to agree with the really quiet part, but looking back there was actually a decent amount of posts from Droplet on Page 2. Some insights on how she feels too. So I'm not so sure I can agree with her being quiet or not doing much right now.

Kawl_USC

Kawl's focus on this "should power roles claim if they're about to be lynched" topic is interesting. I'd question if he was just doing it to look like he's contributing, but he was posting reads and reactions earlier, so I'm not too bothered by it.

I just genuinely think that this is something we should discuss more. I think talking larger strategy instead of having some town people flail around futilely out of a sense of self preservation could really help towns performance. It's always important to remember that you win or lose as a team and not by staying alive.

That's all, and honestly Cabot's move doesn't strike as me too odd, I considered changing my vote when seeing how many Star actually had on her.

Droplet

VOTE:droplet

I'm drunk and hungry for blood

I just turned down a job offer literally minutes ago. Hence my saying yesterday I was going to be not very present. If you were commenting on the inactivity part, anyway. I can't tell.

Gorlak: aight. I am not confirming my role in any way and I have not dropped any breadcrumbs or...ice cream drops, or whatever. I haven't played with you before, but I see you're the kind of player that jumps on everything so I suppose you're fine for now.

nukedeggs

Hey everyone, unfortunately I think I'm going to be rather busy today, so I'm going to be contributing some reads for now.

Cabot - Cabot is playing consistently with how he was behaving in WWE, and he was town there. He is active, moves discussion along, and contributes. I have a town read on him, and am inclined to believe his miller claim.

CrimsonFist - Scum-reading him right now. He talks about enough relevant topics, but it doesn't really seem like he cares and he doesn't really go into anything past casual observations. It feels like he may be scum trying to bring up points and trying to appear town without going too hard on anything.

Droplet - As others have mentioned she is rather inactive, but she could also just be busy. At the moment I'm not really scum-reading her. It seems to me like she could be inactive town.

Flame_AC - Dropped in, contributed some controversial opinions, refused to ask Cabot questions because he thinks that it would not be good for town to ask them. He's a bit of a hard read for me at the moment, but I don't think he's scum. Feels like a possible neutral.

flatearthpandas - Hmmm. A null read for me right now, which is strange because FEP has contributed opinions and is contributing. Doesn't tingle my scum radar as much as Crimson currently is, but I'd say that if I had to pick between scum or town, FEP would be on the scummier side of things for me.

Gorlak - His play seems town to me. As I mentioned earlier, I read him as an inquisitive town; it seems like he's willing to ask a lot of questions and move conversation along.

Kawl_USC - Kawl's play seems townier than WWE (where he also turned out to be town), but something's a little off. I get the impression that he's buddying with Cabot as well. Not sure what to make of that. I'm not scum-reading him atm though.

Royal_Flush - Hmmm. Hasn't really posted a lot, but when he does there's a good amount of content and it seems like he is paying attention to the thread. Personally I'll have to see a little more to really get a read.

Sophia - Seems town to me. Tries to get conversation going, is inquisitive, and also seems thorough and attentive to the game's developments.

Squidyj - Man I'm really conflicted on him. I get the impression that he isn't playing the same as he was in WWE, where he was town. At the moment I'm inclined to put him in the scummier category, but at the same time I'm WIFOMing myself into thinking, would a scum squidy be so divisive and draw so much attention to himself? Bleh.

StanleyPalmtree - I have a really hard time reading Stanley. He always seems sketchy to me. However he's playing consistently with how he was in WWE, where he was town, so for now I'll put him in the town category.

StarSketch - I mentioned earlier that I found Starsketch suspicious because she seems to be blending. However I'm getting kind of a 'StanleyPalmtree' vibe from her in that she could just...be like this. I'll have to see a little more from her. I feel like her reads list wasn't very illuminating, seemed noncommittal and very hedging. At the moment she's on the scummier side of things to me.

Zippedpinhead - Not sure what to make of him. My impression of him is mainly around him right off the bad thinking that Cabot's claim was a gambit, and I don't have a clear picture of his views other than that. Want to hear more from him to have a better view.

For now, I'll vote for my strongest scum suspect.

Vote: CrimsonFist

Droplet

It feels strange to be called out for being quiet by someone who's been almost as quiet and inactive as I have, but I acknowledge it. There's enough suspicion on you as it is for me to throw it back at you.

I chose one from the list of players i Don't have a clue on.

gotcha

I just genuinely think that this is something we should discuss more. I think talking larger strategy instead of having some town people flail around futilely out of a sense of self preservation could really help towns performance. It's always important to remember that you win or lose as a team and not by staying alive.

This is fair, but I think there's value to be had in town players trying to preserve themselves. I just don't think people should be claiming without really thinking that they're drowning, and often people think they're drowning too soon or until it's too late. Just try to argue for yourself first, and don't rely on your claim to get you through deep waters. Too often I feel like there's this idea that vanilla town is expendable, and I really don't think that's true. For individual players, I do think that keeping yourself around is very important.

I also agree with Crimson that I've found Squidy's hyper-aggression to be rather shallow. It feels like a lot of pokes and prods, and although I can see value in that, the points he's been making almost feels like points he has to make simply because he's Squidy and being aggressive is his thing. I don't know if these are supposed to get more fine-tuned as the game goes on, but even looking at Stanley's posts which seems to be the subject of a bit of scrutiny, I see don't see much aside from an understandably confused reaction (feel free to tell me where I'm supposed to look, other people who have reacted). The only fairly suspicious thing about Stanley I see is that he's been rather non-committal, and that seems like it would have come up regardless.

Trying to remember if Squidy's current level of jokery is normal for him, because it feels really weird to me. As we've established though my memory is really fuzzy. Will go back read threads in the morning I guess.

squidyj

Trying to remember if Squidy's current level of jokery is normal for him, because it feels really weird to me. As we've established though my memory is really fuzzy. Will go back read threads in the morning I guess.

nah, it's totally a #scumtell
but if you want something that's actually suspicious think about Sophia 'noticing' things without ascribing explicit meaning to what she's noticing. The unspoken assumption is that she finds these things to be suspicious but if challenged on the subject she leaves herself room to extricate. Perhaps she hopes that someone else will jump on the things she says and lead a lynch against a town target.

Also think about droplet who said she was trying to give her reads list in response to my prodding when the chronology of events says that is not the case.

Sophia

nah, it's totally a #scumtell
but if you want something that's actually suspicious think about Sophia 'noticing' things without ascribing explicit meaning to what she's noticing. The unspoken assumption is that she finds these things to be suspicious but if challenged on the subject she leaves herself room to extricate. Perhaps she hopes that someone else will jump on the things she says and lead a lynch against a town target.

Also think about droplet who said she was trying to give her reads list in response to my prodding when the chronology of events says that is not the case.

Or alternatively, the observations really are just observations and I'm pointing them out because I feel that others haven't. Or I want a second opinion on them. Also if my intent was to lead a lynch against a town target, don't you think I would have pushed a bit more strongly on particular areas, instead of conceding to certain points as I did with Royal?

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

squidyj (2)
Gorlak
CrimsonFist

StarSketch (2)
Kawl_USC
cabot
squidyj

cabot (1)
squidyj
Flame_AC

Droplet (1)
squidyj
cabot

CrimsonFist (1)
nukedeggs

Royal_Flush (0)
cabot

Flame_AC (0)
cabot

StanleyPalmtree (0)
cabot

8 votes are needed for majority

Day 1 ends in:
blu_1462050000.png

squidyj

Or alternatively, the observations really are just observations and I'm pointing them out because I feel that others haven't. Or I want a second opinion on them. Also if my intent was to lead a lynch against a town target, don't you think I would have pushed a bit more strongly on particular areas, instead of conceding to certain points as I did with Royal?

the point is you wouldn't want to be leading anything in this scenario

Droplet

I hate making and reading reads lists and left that as the very last thing I'd have to do before I went to sleep. I would never have made whatever I did, although I suppose I'd hesitate to call it a proper reads list, if I hadn't been asked for one at all, especially not on the first day. I dislike making posts without information to go off of, and I don't think my posts have been very contradictory on that front, as Gorlak has so kindly noted.

I don't like to engage too heavily towards talking about myself or simply people who are suspicious of me, simply because it feels like I'm simply speaking out of pressure, but I'm very much finding that squidy's observations fall on very surface reactions to events in the guise of participation and deep digging. I hesitate to place a vote on one of the few people who's been stirring conversation, but right now he has come off the most suspicious to me and I can't ignore that.

Vote: squidyj

From the last game I played it should be clear I'm not a very good split second decision maker so I'm going to try keep myself from voting at those times unless totally necessary.

nuked, I know you're busy, but if you're able to read this before the end of the day, looking at your reads list, why does Crimson stand out among the several players you've pointed out have been rather non-committal in their posts? It seems to me that Star, zipped, FEP, Stanley, and even myself could all have fallen into that category. I'm not really doubting your decision, I just want to know why Crimson has triggered your scum radar harder than anyone else. Just a feeling?

Sophia

the point is you wouldn't want to be leading anything in this scenario

And wouldn't actively engaging you as I did earlier kind of go against this?

I hate making and reading reads lists and left that as the very last thing I'd have to do before I went to sleep. I would never have made whatever I did, although I suppose I'd hesitate to call it a proper reads list, if I hadn't been asked for one at all, especially not on the first day. I dislike making posts without information to go off of, and I don't think my posts have been very contradictory on that front, as Gorlak has so kindly noted.

I don't like to engage too heavily towards talking about myself or simply people who are suspicious of me, simply because it feels like I'm simply speaking out of pressure, but I'm very much finding that squidy's observations fall on very surface reactions to events in the guise of participation and deep digging. I hesitate to place a vote on one of the few people who's been stirring conversation, but right now he has come off the most suspicious to me and I can't ignore that.

Personally, I think players show more character when they're under pressure myself. I'm finding it hard to get a read on you right now, and wondering about how much pressure to put on you here...

nuked, I know you're busy, but if you're able to read this before the end of the day, looking at your reads list, why does Crimson stand out among the several players you've pointed out have been rather non-committal in their posts? It seems to me that Star, zipped, FEP, Stanley, and even myself could all have fallen into that category. I'm not really doubting your decision, I just want to know why Crimson has triggered your scum radar harder than anyone else. Just a feeling?

In defense of Crimson, the times I've played with him he's been pretty passive even as town. The main reason he's pretty low on the suspect list for me is because right now I feel like he was asking the right questions and putting his nose in the right conversations. But like I said, he's a hard read for me.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

I feel like I'm not hearing much about Stanley myself, and that kind of worries me. What do you think of him, Droplet? There was that Stanley/Squidyj discussion, but I didn't feel like I got much out of that myself. His top town/top scum post seened pretty conventional.

squidyj

That's certainly the narrative you've been trying to sell. Nature, however, abhors the sort of vacuum you're trying to place me in here, on day 1, amidst a series of trifling nothings like "i noticed that squidyj didn't directly respond to my accusations" the debate. It's easy to point to a fact without context and make me seem bad. It's true my contributiuons to date have not been exceptional but it's also true that today is day one and the interactions today serve better when viewed through the cipher of later day phases.

So allow me to write a little narrative of my own.
I actually think you know all this and I think you're somewhat upset with me for harping on you about things you said you'd do and things you didn't do, precisely because you believe they aren't significant. Which would further lead me to believe you're scum because there's nothing more infuriating than being scumread for some bullshit that isn't even correct in the first place, having town find you for all the wrong reasons is a real shitty feeling.

Of course I'm not asking everyone to buy into this narrative for my next statement. My belief is we have 2 good lynch targets today.
The first is flame_ac who hinted at night communication and essentially some sort of power role, he spoke in rather cryptic terms about what he wanted, or rather didn't want to say during the day. He has subsequently vanished from the game rather than clarify his intentions. It reads to me more like a scum who fumbled a potential soft fake than a PR who let the cat out of the bag. The only way I see him being town is if he was vanilla trying to bait scum but I don't think that's a risk I want to take.

The second is droplet. Go back through her posts and you'll see a lot of what she's saying is responding to direct comments about her, and speculating about me, I think she's 'tunneling' to a degree because I'm the only person she can figure out anything to say about one way or the other. She wants to look like she's hunting scum but it looks to me like she's flailing. She promised a reads list that she never gave, she says she doesn't like to engage in talking about herself or people who are suspicious of her but this contradicts a large portion of her posting record in this thread.

Two good picks
Vote: Droplet

So there are around 10 hours and an awful lot of nothing is happening...

These people I don't want lynched at the moment:
-Cabot (Probably the most useful person around)
-Sophia (She points out stuff and asks questions. Not always what I would have jumped at, but questions at least.)
-nukedeggs (Strikes me as the most town person at the moment. Obviously not for activity, but for actual content.)
-Gorlak (Similar to Sophia, but in a more aggressive and focused way)

These people I would be ok with getting lynched:
-Droplet (really makes herself look bad with those defensive posts)
-StanleyPalmtree (There isn't that much coming from him after he failed the "same team" test)
-Kawl_USC (He posts a lot, but going through his posts again, it's mostly stupid comments and discussion on day end claims. There is quantity but really not much quality, which strikes me as Scum trying to look contributive)
-StarSketch (to a lesser extent. She at least seems to be trying. But I'm not quite sure if it's because she's Scum...)

Those people I have comments on:
-Flame_AC (Just disappeared after the "I don't want to ask this question" situation. Please contribute more or even more people, including me, will think you're Scum)
-Squidy (I'm unsure about him. He doesn't give me this strong "Town!" gut feeling I often have with him but he also isn't as obviously struggling as he was in NightVale, the only game I've seen him being Scum)
-FEP and Zipped (Get your shit together guys. I don't think you're Scum right now, but your game is all over the place)

oh, I just realized I have everyone except Crimson up there although I didn't even intend to make a "reads" list. well, Crimson didn't do anything particular noteworthy in my eyes so far, probably slightly leaning Town but I wouldn't be that surprised if he's Scum.

vote: Kawl_USC

Doing a reads list because why not:

SquidyJ: don't make jokes about having certain roles like that it's really confusing and not helpful to town. Him being aggressive is something I recall being annoyed with him about so I guess that's normal???

Gorlak: I don't remember if I've played with him before, (then again he's in my phone's dictionary so I guess we have) but I don't remember much about his specific style. That said his play isn't looking particularly weird to me? Aside from the poem thing I guess.

Top town:
Sophia (making good discussion so far.)
Kawl (someone brought up his vote on me, I assumed it was a joke since it was super early on. Seems to be making good discussion though. Did a weird thing in regards to Sqidy's 'joke' but maybe he read it for what it was and joked back? Idk )
I wouldn't call that one a read list... You list 3 people as Town, ok, but those other three are just random comments. Actually, they are more like simple observations than useful or new thoughts. You don't even state if that makes these people look more Scum or more Town.

It feels strange to be called out for being quiet by someone who's been almost as quiet and inactive as I have, but I acknowledge it. There's enough suspicion on you as it is for me to throw it back at you.
But nukedeggs makes good posts. As I repeatedly said in various games: You don't need to be very active, but if you aren't you better put some original content into your posts. Yours are mainly answers and defenses.

cabot

I currently agree with squidy's targets. Flame's dropped off, has he been prodded by Sorian?

Droplet only really comes in to defend herself, which is problematic. It didn't start off well when Gorlak attacked her ice cream, but ignoring it and trying to discuss other things would have been the better play.

Crimson has been quiet, alarmingly so. His style of play makes him difficult to read, so I'd consider him as well.

I wouldnt be opposed to StarSketch, but I don't feel particularly good about hitting scum with her.

Ok, so after reading the thread, I have two observations

1). I really don't understand Squidyj's position on flame_AC. Is flame hinting at gossip or is he doing something else. Did he post the wrong thing and everyone is misinterpreting it? Or did I miss a post from flame?

2). I'm torn on who has less activity, kawl, stanleypalmetree or myself... Usually at this point I'm voting inactivity (because it's as good a reason to vote day 1 as most others since scum coasts).

So I'm thinking stanleypalmetree, I had to go back farther to see a post from him and he scum read me.

vote: stanleypalmetree

So Squidyj is acting weird, but like not the normal squidyj weird, weird by squidyj standards. less so now than on the first day, but still pretty weird.

Here's the thing thats throwing me off about this though. scum squidyj isnt that weird, iv played with scum squidyj a couple times now, where he displayed a far more standard aggression, it drew a lot of attention, but never in ways that just seemed so, i dont know, dumb?
not at all like he has been acting here.
im rambling (and very tired), but i guess my point is i dont think squidyj is scum right now.

cabot

1) wrong spelling

2) you chose him because he scum reads you? so its basically a OMGUS.

Flame is less active than those three if you're going for inactives. Why did you exclude him

Ok, so after reading the thread, I have two observations

1). I really don't understand Squidyj's position on flame_AC. Is flame hinting at gossip or is he doing something else. Did he post the wrong thing and everyone is misinterpreting it? Or did I miss a post from flame?

2). I'm torn on who has less activity, kawl, stanleypalmetree or myself... Usually at this point I'm voting inactivity (because it's as good a reason to vote day 1 as most others since scum coasts).

So I'm thinking stanleypalmetree, I had to go back farther to see a post from him and he scum read me.

vote: stanleypalmetree

i dont know who this stanleypalmetree is, but he must be getting pretty nervous right about now.

also kawl is not inactive, like, at all.
i mean sure hes not posting whole essays,
and he may be worse than me at Street Fighter
, but he is posting more than most here.
many people you didnt mention are much more inactive.

I'm going to try and keep track as day end approaches but I might not be able to.

My top scum right now. Kawl. Squidy. StarSketch. Droplet. Not strong reads per se but all I've got.

Kawls urging for prs to keep quiet and eat a lynch still rubs me the wrong way. We finished that conversation at a good place but that should be expected. Squidy's team test gives me a headache every time i read over it. Droplet I don't really have a reason for. Star seems to be phoning the game in a bit. Four is probably too many but these are day one and everything's in the air.

Vote: Kawl_USC

Sorian

Banned
Good morning party people, dawn of the final day, etc. etc.

Vote Count:

squidyj (3)
Gorlak
CrimsonFist
Droplet

StanleyPalmtree (2)
cabot
Sophia
Zippedpinhead

Kawl_USC (2)
Royal_Flush
flatearthpandas

cabot (1)
squidyj
Flame_AC

StarSketch (1)
Kawl_USC
cabot
squidyj

Droplet (1)
squidyj
cabot
squidyj

CrimsonFist (1)
nukedeggs

Zippedpinhead (1)
cabot

Royal_Flush (0)
cabot

Flame_AC (0)
cabot

8 votes are needed for majority.

Day 1 ends in:
blu_1462050000.png

cabot you are probably wrong,

but with 7 hours to go i dont have time to be right!

VOTE: zippedpinhead

but seriously i dont think you have made a single worthwhile post this whole day.

and im need to sleep now, and will probably sleep through the days end.
i look forward the insanity the will surely ensue in my absence.

InStanity!

Droplet

I'm up late this...jesus christ that is actual light outside, so there's a high chance I won't be around for the end of the day. So, if you guys decide to kill me then...well, that sucks for me. But if I do end up dying, I still want to leave a post!

First, to answer some questions as per normal.
Royal: I was responding to Star there, not nuked. Maybe you meant that, but I'm making a correction because nuked's cool in my book.

Sophia: While I was writing this Stanley voted so an updated version - I think Stanley's in a similar boat as Zipped, so obviously I don't think that's a great voting choice. If I had to choose between the two (because that seems to be a new hot topic?), I'd probably choose Stanley because admittedly voting against intuition isn't the best, but from a self-preservation standpoint I...kind of get it if he's not going to be around for the final voting and in a hot seat? So I don't really read strong scum from him either, I just think it's a bad move. I guess that wasn't really an update, my first version was that he hadn't said anything.
I do like Crimson this game though, he might be just kind of...there, but I actually think he feels less scum than he normally does. Which is kind of why I ask about him! I want to say being non-committal and making comments is sort of how he plays, but they're a lot more targeted here than I expected. So...I guess I agree with you on him.

Squidy, I read you as scum because your behavior this game so far feels contradictory to how you've acted in previous games. I don't remember ever reading a game with you in it where you feel this...trite, even this early on. Like you really seem to be just upping your activity and pointing your fingers a lot because that's what squidy has to do to not look suspicious and you've been caught on that before. And your targets have been so easy. Like it's such a bizarre reach to try to pin a confused reaction from Stanley as scummy behavior, it's more like you're just waiting to see what sticks best with the rest of town before you commit to it.

On flame, I want to give him a bit. I think flame is a fairly active poster normally and I don't really want to see him die if he has a reason for being absent. I don't feel he's just going to run away because he said something controversial, that's kind of his thing.

1) wrong spelling

2) you chose him because he scum reads you? so its basically a OMGUS.

Flame is less active than those three if you're going for inactives. Why did you exclude him

I excluded flame, because I already talked about him in the previous comment. you are right he is just as inactive as stanleypalmtree and I.

You are wrong again though, still town. that makes ten times you know? Yeah I did chose stan over another person because of the scum read. Why not? It's day 1, it's not quite a coin flip, but since I know what I am (forever town) I know he is barking up the wrong trees. Why does that leave you off the hook? Because you and I play very different games of Mafia. So we scum read each other every game and are wrong about it.

Stanleypalmtree comes out of woodwork as soon as another vote comes his way. If it wasn't day 1 I would consider that a scum tell. But it's day 1. And madness will ensue.

Stanley I think you may be scum but only time will tell.

That being said,

unvote

Honestly I don't think kawl is a good lynch candidate either. Drop on the other hand...

Drop posted a response to accusations but not an actual defense. It could be tiredness (that's what Drop claims) but it could be a conscious decision.

So I'm leaning... No I'm actually voting for

vote: droplet

cabot

droplet that waffle is mind bending I keep trying to make sense of what you say but I fail.

I'm sober as well!

I guess my main problem is you say you'd vote Stanley, acknowledging that he won't be around for deadline but you want to keep Flame alive because he might have a reason for being inactive?

Halp

Sophia

So Squidyj is acting weird, but like not the normal squidyj weird, weird by squidyj standards. less so now than on the first day, but still pretty weird.

Here's the thing thats throwing me off about this though. scum squidyj isnt that weird, iv played with scum squidyj a couple times now, where he displayed a far more standard aggression, it drew a lot of attention, but never in ways that just seemed so, i dont know, dumb?
not at all like he has been acting here.
im rambling (and very tired), but i guess my point is i dont think squidyj is scum right now.

cabot you are probably wrong,

but with 7 hours to go i dont have time to be right!

VOTE: zippedpinhead

but seriously i dont think you have made a single worthwhile post this whole day.

and im need to sleep now, and will probably sleep through the days end.
i look forward the insanity the will surely ensue in my absence.

InStanity!

This almost seems like an OMGUS vote. Although between you and Droplet I'm starting to get a clearer picture of Squidyj. Or at least the picture of Squdyj you two seem to want to paint. That his type of aggression is, apparently, not nearly as blatant as this usually is.

Kawl_USC

Sorry for being quiet for a while, have been busy since yesterday afternoon. Waking up now will post after reading over new posts more thoroughly.

Also, I'm not sure what world you can say I've been inactive unless you are talking about a very specific window of time.

I'm making a concerted effort to not just have snark (after the clusterfuck of wwe) but if people are going to say I'm only posting fluff despite trying to ask questions of people and create a discussion about something I think is important instead of the usual non conversations on day 1 just because I'm having some Bantz, while also calling Cabot the most useful around with his shit ton of shit posting smells like garbage to me.

cabot

OK that's fep, flush and zipped that have voiced suspicions on Kawl.

I don't get a scum read from him though that new stroppy post wasn't great.

You've got two votes on you and 3 people being suspicious of you, it's hardly the end of the world.

Kawl_USC

Yea I'm hung over and grouchy sue me. And it's less the votes on me and more the reasoning that feels Garbo

Squidys flip flop from joking to aggressive strikes me as weird, and not quite the type of weird he was in wwe.

Zipped strikes me in a weird way.

Sophia

-Kawl_USC (He posts a lot, but going through his posts again, it's mostly stupid comments and discussion on day end claims. There is quantity but really not much quality, which strikes me as Scum trying to look contributive)

I'm not seeing this.

Questioning Cabot about his miller play

Prod vote on Star

Questioning mine and Zipped's stance on millers.

Responding to Zipped.

Post where he suggested not to roleclaim on the chopping block.

Responding to Flame_AC about Cabot

Provided opinion on cabot

Opinion on cabot again

Slight reads on people.

Questioning Flame's position.

Commentary on Squidlyj

And that's just the first few pages of discussion. Hardly "stupid comments" and very little discussion (a few posts at best) on day 1 claims. Either you are failing to properly remember his posts and need to re-read them again, or you are trying to craft a narrative here.

Sophia

I'm going to try and keep track as day end approaches but I might not be able to.

My top scum right now. Kawl. Squidy. StarSketch. Droplet. Not strong reads per se but all I've got.

Kawls urging for prs to keep quiet and eat a lynch still rubs me the wrong way. We finished that conversation at a good place but that should be expected. Squidy's team test gives me a headache every time i read over it. Droplet I don't really have a reason for. Star seems to be phoning the game in a bit. Four is probably too many but these are day one and everything's in the air.

Vote: Kawl_USC

If I understand Kawl correctly, especially now that I'm re-reading over his latest posts, he's not saying "Power roles should eat a lynch", he's saying that a power role should have an idea of where they want to go with their role. Carefully consider the benefits and drawbacks of role claiming on Day 1 if they're on the lynching block. Things like that.

Correct me I'm wrong here, Kawl.

cabot

I don't know if scum would be so reckless as to transparently front a force against kawl.

So I'll rule out all three of them being scum.

fep's reason is very weird, he said the conversation ended in a good place, so his point seems sort of useless with that in mind.

Sophia

I don't know if scum would be so reckless as to transparently front a force against kawl.

fep's reason is very weird, he said the conversation ended in a good place, so his point seems sort of useless with that in mind.

What I find weird is him putting Droplet in his top scum, and then saying he doesn't really have a reason for that. Like WTF? If you don't have a reason for her being in your top scum, then why the hell is she there?

nukedeggs

The main thing about Crimson that bothers me is that he seems like how Palmer was in WWE - always kind of there, always felt just a tad scummy, but never did anything that was scummy enough to attract any attention. There's something in his play that felt a bit...constructed, which I don't get as much from the other people on that list. It's definitely just a feeling, but it's a pretty strong feeling, and if he's playing like I think he is, that's probably all I'm going to get.

I also agree with Crimson that I've found Squidy's hyper-aggression to be rather shallow. It feels like a lot of pokes and prods, and although I can see value in that, the points he's been making almost feels like points he has to make simply because he's Squidy and being aggressive is his thing. I don't know if these are supposed to get more fine-tuned as the game goes on, but even looking at Stanley's posts which seems to be the subject of a bit of scrutiny, I see don't see much aside from an understandably confused reaction (feel free to tell me where I'm supposed to look, other people who have reacted). The only fairly suspicious thing about Stanley I see is that he's been rather non-committal, and that seems like it would have come up regardless.
Where did Crimson say that he found Squidy's aggression shallow? This and this are the only posts I could find where Crimson mentioned Squidy's aggression (and even then it's rather oblique).

Actually, why can't one of them be scum? What seems to have happened is that Royal posts some suspicions on Kawl based on lack of quality (which other people have pointed out may not be too valid). Then Zipped posts that he's concerned about Kawl and Stanley's inactivity, but votes Stanley. And then FEP posts a quick scum reads list, with Kawl at the top for his talk of prs not claiming, and votes Kawl.

To be honest, I'm not liking how FEP is looking here, I can see a case where after Royal and Zipped post some concerns over Kawl's inactivity/post quality, FEP sees that there would be some support for a Kawl lynch, and moves in with more concrete concerns.

cabot

Oh sorry, by rule out all three, I meant just that. I do think one of them could be scum, but I'd be surprised if two or three would be.

Top Bottom