• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May 2008 Issue - Reviews, Etc.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Loose Talk:

Sony developing a Wiimote like device internally being called the Waggle. Likely to be packed in with a game. Full functionality not known at this time, but it will contain motion sensing. Sony's Waggle will not require a sensor bar or be based on IR.

FUCK OFF AND DIE, DAMMIT. All this superfluous waggle can KISS MY ASS.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
"We were shown a vast underground cave level wherin Marcus and his companions will take the fight to the Locust. Unlike the sometimes cramped and and linear subterranean paths from the first game, the cavern complex is vast and breathtaking. Branching levels and open spaces give players true tactical choices as they decide which way to tackle an assault. Whatever path you choose, bio-luminescent plants light light the faces of the new Locust Kantus enemies. These monk-like devils hum low and droning chants that can be focused into sonic attacks against you. They wield weapons like the new Gorgon burst pistol and poison grenades, both of which can become part of your arsenal if you play your cards right.

However, the Kantus' true danger lies in their ability to revive their fallen bretheren from afar. Where before you could rest easy after taking down an enemy soldier, now there is the constant danger of them rising back up to continue to fight. The only alternative is to brave the hail of gunfire to break through enemy ranks and kill the Kantus sulking in the rear. Along the way, you may not have access to stable cover anymore, so you'll have to make do with the moving kind. Massive Locust rock worms will emerge from the cavern walls during battle, guided by the Kantus' chanting. Luckily, the creatures are so large you can hide behind them as they sliter about, and you too will be able to guide them to an advantageous firing position."
Now I really want to see Gears 2 in motion, like, right now.

Aladuf

Banned
deejay8595 said:
LOL..someone change thread title to get more hits...

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

And just a side note, thanks to SHOTEH FOCK OP for posting the highlights of that article... I fucking couldn't wait for my issue of GI to get here to read that. Now I just can't wait to see the pix from the article :D

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Kiss my ass.

:lol DAAAAAAAAAMNN
Sorry bro Gears Fever was taking me.

My only complaint of the last game was how hemmed in everything felt and it sounds like they took care of that. Cant wait

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Damn Gears 2 sounds freaking awesome.
Just as long they have way more units on screen than the first and it will rock.

Flame me for saying this, but if the refinements/improvements in Gears of War 2 are as prevalent as the article says, I almost feel sorry for Insomniac having to pit R2 against this game. It's going to be an absolute blockbuster.

abacab driver said:
Flame me for saying this, but if the refinements/improvements in Gears of War 2 are as prevalent as the article says, I almost feel sorry for Insomniac having to pit R2 against this game. It's going to be an absolute blockbuster.

Resistance will do fine bro.
Says the guy with the nathan hale icon.

Aladuf23 said:
And just a side note, thanks to SHOTEH FOCK OP for posting the highlights of that article... I fucking couldn't wait for my issue of GI to get here to read that. Now I just can't wait to see the pix from the article :D

No prob lol. I didn't realize there would be so much Gears 2 info, that's why I didn't put it in the title. I didn't think we'd get so much information so soon, you know? But then I looked at the article and said HOLY SHIT!

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
No prob lol. I didn't realize there would be so much Gears 2 info, that's why I didn't put it in the title. I didn't think we'd get so much information so soon, you know? But then I looked at the article and said HOLY SHIT!

I appreciate the posts man seriously thanks for giving us something to salivate over.

I lost interest in Gears. I used to play almost everyday with my friends over LAN and it was fun but it just wore off on me. Not looking forwards to Gears 2 anymore. Anyone else feel the same?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
abacab driver said:
Flame me for saying this, but if the refinements/improvements in R2 are as prevalent as the article says, I almost feel sorry for Epic having to pit Gears against this game. It's going to be an absolute blockbuster.

See the fixing!

Well you could say the same thing for R2 and they stuff they are improving and adding.

Jtyettis said:
How many screens are we talking here?

Three are labeled as screenshots, but there's many more that might be concept art or renderings, I can't really tell, it looks damn good! They aren't very specific in the captions.

Aladuf

Banned
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

Yeah, I never expected to get this much info on Gears 2 this early. I figured we'd get the first tastes of it at E3 then more from there but this is great!

SPEA

abacab driver said:
This thread is about Gears info. Nothing to do with Resistance.

Also. I think this needs "Gears 2" in the title. Not getting nearly enough hits as it should.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
This is probably THE best looking upcoming game and I don't even own a 360!

I am willing to wait on that.
Gears had so little to compete against when it first came out and now its up against absolutely stunning looking stuff. MGS4, KZ2, R2, (whatever Alan Wake will end up looking like) Mass Effect, and Uncharted which still completely bests the first game. I think its going to look amazing but I dont think its going to be the kind of leap people are expecting. I think most of the graphical improvements will come from just how much bigger the areas are which is fricken awesome by me.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
BigBlackGamer said:
thats one of the hottest covers Ive seen. damn. GEARS 2 BABY! :D
I hope I get the gray one in the mail, hopefully the pictures in there ge me excited more.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Gears 2 had so little to compete against when it first came out and now its up against absolutely stunning looking stuff. MGS4, KZ2, R2, (whatever Alan Wake will end up looking like) Mass Effect, and Uncharted which still completely bests the first game. I think its going to look amazing but I dont think its going to be the kind of leap people are expecting. I think most of the graphical improvements will come from just how much bigger the areas are which is fricken awesome by me.

I just got excited. The texturing in one of the screens is amazing. That's what makes the game looks better than a lot of the upcoming games.

Kibbles

BruceLeeRoy said:
Gears 2 had so little to compete against when it first came out and now its up against absolutely stunning looking stuff. MGS4, KZ2, R2, (whatever Alan Wake will end up looking like) Mass Effect, and Uncharted which still completely bests the first game. I think its going to look amazing but I dont think its going to be the kind of leap people are expecting. I think most of the graphical improvements will come from just how much bigger the areas are which is fricken awesome by me.

Gears 2 came out already? Where can I has it?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I just got excited. The texturing in one of the screens is amazing. That's what makes the game looks better than a lot of the upcoming games.

Damn you already got you issue already!? Cant wait to get home and chekc out the mail.

Grecco said:
Boo Multiplayer Achievements

The article addresses this. Basically many of the game's Achievements can be worked on in single or multiplayer mode, and your journal will keep track of your progress towards each achievement (like The Orange Box did). The example given was 1,000 headshots. Your journal keeps track of this progress, and you can do it in single player, multiplayer, or a combination of both.

Hopefully there's few or no multiplayer Achievements. I loathe them. I think Call of Duty 4 did it right.

Jason's Ultimatum said:

Yeah it is astounding I think Uncharted is just as mind blowing texture wise.
But if they get Gears detail with huge open areas my god man its going to be so awesome.

colinp

Banned
BigBlackGamer said:
thats one of the hottest covers Ive seen. damn. GEARS 2 BABY! :D

Agree 100%. I like it even more than a lot of Edge covers, and it absolutely kicks the shit out of anything that's come out of EGM.

Proelite

Oh snap Gears 2 has completely different art style. :O Some of the art seems to be a cross between FF and Blizzard's stuff.

The rock worm looks like a cross between a hydralisk and a deep ocean vent worm.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
abacab driver said:

Nah, ya know, I have a feeling that we're going to get the PS3 owners, and they're going to get the 360 guys. :lol

Looking forward to reading this article for sure.

Kibbles

Proelite said:
Oh snap Gears 2 has completely different art style. :O Some of the art seems to be a cross between FF and Blizzard's stuff.

The rock worm looks like a cross between a hydralisk and a deep ocean vent worm.
What? Where? *goes crazy*

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
One of the new characters looks like a Crackdown agent and the other looks like Stranger. The new captain/leader like locust is dressed elaborately, I like

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
Nah, ya know, I have a feeling that we're going to get the PS3 owners, and they're going to get the 360 guys. :lol

Looking forward to reading this article for sure.

I have both but I'm only getting Resistance 2.
angry.gif

Top Bottom