• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May 2008 Issue - Reviews, Etc.

Teknoman

Mefisutoferesu said:
Well, NP never said they hated it, just that standard > waggle controls, because it introduced some inaccuracies and over touchy control, that's all. Also, GI tends to be a little more forgiving with scoring compared to other magazines.

Yeah now that Paper Mario 2 isnt on the scene anymore ; ;

FrankT

My most anticipated game of the year.

DO WANT.

Give us all the hot deets. I should probably wait for my issue to arrive, but cannot.

Doubledex

Banned
Loose Talk:

Sony developing a Wiimote like device internally being called the Waggle. Likely to be packed in with a game. Full functionality not known at this time, but it will contain motion sensing. Sony's Waggle will not require a sensor bar or be based on IR.
:lol :lol
First MS now SONY (or the other way around)? OMG It's a race! Place your bets

DMczaf

"In order to save jacinto, they have no choice but to take the war to the Locust," Fergusson continues. "They're going to push back and go underground, and bring the battle to them."

Uh, didn't we do this in the first game?

Aladuf

Banned
Most multiplayer details are under wraps. There is a remake of Gridlock. Step up in technology is obvious. "We hear hints of all sorts of new multiplayer features, from dramatically expanded co-op modes to multiplayer content that takes advantage of Unreal's new ability to deliver huge numbers of the Locust horde at one time, but confirmed details will have to wait until a later date."

I like what I see there! :D

The-Switcher said:
Could the Okami scores be anymore confusing? Nintendo Power says it's garbage, but Game Informer loves it?
Logically this means that Nintendo fans will hate it and Game Informer's audience will love it.

traveler

Not Wario
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Gears 2 will have different difficulty settings for each player in co-op. One person can play on Hardcore, one on Casual, for instance.

How the hell does that work? Does the difficulty only affect the amount of health a person has or something?

Proelite

traveler said:
How the hell does that work? Does the difficulty only affect the amount of health a person has or something?

Damage output and damage input. I think it's a great idea to bring noobs on board.

Proelite

GI said:
"We hear hints of all sorts of new multiplayer features, from dramatically expanded co-op modes to multiplayer content that takes advantage of Unreal's new ability to deliver huge numbers of the Locust horde at one time, but confirmed details will have to wait until a later date."

OMG, survival mode? That'll work great in Gears.

traveler said:

Hopefully Epic remembers to make sure that casual players who play with fuckhard(or whatever the 4th difficulty is called) players don't get the achievements for fuckhard difficulty.

Although on that same note how are they going to keep fuckhard players from getting casual players to cover their ass through the campaign? Granted the sections where both(or all four...please Epic?) players have to take separate paths(and thus lose out on revives if they're killed) could change things up so who knows.

Big-E

Damn that info doesn't make me to happy. The Maria angle almost guarantees that the story is not going to be too great and what really pisses me off is that multiple difficulty in coop. That almost insures that difficulty is going to be just like the first game where the only difference between the difficulty levels is how many bullets the enemies eat and how much you can take.

Big-E said:
Damn that info doesn't make to happy. The Maria angle almost guarantees that the story is not going to be too great and what really pisses me off is that multiple difficulty in coop. That almost insures that difficulty is going to be just like the first game where the only difference between the difficulty levels is how many bullets the enemies eat and how much you can take.

That worries me as well but I'm hoping for some way to customize campaigns. Like maybe putting in a lot of small weak enemies or a few strong enemies(or lots of strong enemies for fans of pain). I'm a serious non-fan of "harder difficulty makes you easier to kill" game design, especially since my reflexes are typically lacking and thus enemies tend to get the first shot in before I can fight back. If the hardest difficulty simply involves your squad getting wasted in one or two hits it's going to be quite disappointing.

Aladuf

Banned
gregor7777 said:
Damn I want Gears 2 bad. I'm going to play the shit out of that game.

and...

JB1981 said:
Oh God give me Gears 2. Fucking give it to me.

Fuck yeah! I am dying to get my hands on this game. I will be playing it for so fucking long.

Big-E said:
Damn that info doesn't make me to happy. The Maria angle almost guarantees that the story is not going to be too great and what really pisses me off is that multiple difficulty in coop. That almost insures that difficulty is going to be just like the first game where the only difference between the difficulty levels is how many bullets the enemies eat and how much you can take.
Sounds like the split difficulty thing would rather be used for branched paths like those seen in the first Gears of War. The kind where you were forced to retry a certain segment if either one of you died, which frustrated a lot of people.

The-Switcher said:
Nintendo Power says [Okami]'s garbage...

LOLWUT.jpg

Big-E said:
Well, Epic is trying to implement something new. It will not be the only option. If it doesn't work, how hard is it to play on same difficulty level?

People are acting like they will be forced to use this option.

MicVlaD said:
Sounds like the split difficulty thing would rather be used for branched paths like those seen in the first Gears of War. The kind where you were forced to retry a certain segment if either one of you died, which frustrated a lot of people.

Actually that's a great idea, especially since in coop games I'm usually the one doing all of the dying. =/

I just want more coop modes. I played one versus game of Gears and that was just for the achievement(Oh and I think I got a kill or two...whoo)

I thought I read somewhere about 5 months ago that the waggle that sony is producing is for the PS2? which was to compete with the wii

Big-E

MirageDwarf said:
Well, Epic is trying to implement something new. It will not be the only option. If it doesn't work, how hard is it to play on same difficulty level?

People are acting like they will be forced to use this option.

Its not the split difficulty I am bitching about. That is something different but what it implies is that difficulty will only be damage based and not behavioral based in single player. Legendary on Halo is fun because not only is damage effected but they come at you with more guys and better ai. Gears on Insane is boring since its the same game every time except damage.

Oh and while we're being worry-warts...
Epic is talking this stuff about dueling chainsaws but what are they going to do when somebody shows up with a boomshot and cleans both of the duelist's clocks?

If maybe you could deflect booms with well-timed chainsaw-swinging that would be damn awesome(Hell maybe use the chainsaw as some light cover when you're running between debris? Hmm).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
My head and heart say it's great that The World Ends With You is getting good reviews.

My wallet sees it's coming stacked on top of Ikaruga, Persona 3 FES, GTA4, and Mario Kart Wii and says this is terrible news.

Kibbles

Doubledex said:
:lol :lol
First MS now SONY (or the other way around)? OMG It's a race! Place your bets
The waggle wand was rumored early last year to come out christmas 07 and there has also been talk about a 360 motion controller since last year. All these rumors are old rumors revived.

Top Bottom