• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones |OT| When you play a Game of Telltale you win or break it

Tunic

Enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to playing episode two tomorrow. I'll share my thoughts tomorrow night.

Holy shit, it's coming tomorrow! I didn't know! I really enjoyed the first episode, it did a great work setting the mood for further episodes, and those scenes with Tyrion/Cersei and Ramsay Snow were the shit.
GoT is one of my favorite TV shows, can't wait for it :)

Holy shit, it's coming tomorrow! I didn't know! I really enjoyed the first episode, it did a great work setting the mood for further episodes, and those scenes with Tyrion/Cersei and Ramsay Snow were the shit.
GoT is one of my favorite TV shows, can't wait for it :)

I thought Ramsay's scenes were pretty decent. Especially the final one. It was very unsettling the entire time he was around and in protagonist's keep. I agree that the Tysion and Cersei scene felt forced and that the female protagonist's story did nothing for me in episode one. I hope they give it some new direction and don't just retread Sansa's story.

I thought Ramsay's scenes were pretty decent. Especially the final one. It was very unsettling the entire time he was around and in protagonist's keep. I agree that the Tysion and Cersei scene felt forced and that the female protagonist's story did nothing for me in episode one. I hope they give it some new direction and don't just retread Sansa's story.

He said 'the shit', not 'shit'. :lol

Audioboxer

Thought it was due tomorrow? UK store normally has it day after US.

Some titles have been coming out on the EU store prior to the Wednesday update. Grim Fandango was one.

Hopefully for more popular content Sony continues this worldwide release trend. Sadly Telltale games have a history of being horrifically late on the EU store.

antitrop

I really enjoyed the first episode, aside from the beginning of it. I should be able to finish up Dying Light tonight and get to this one tomorrow or Thursday.

WaLlbaNg

They won't release it in the EU store today, will they? Just say it is available on the day it is actually available next time Sony :(

Haxxona

Banned
Wow, first time seeing the opening in the game.

That was the most garbage graphics I have ever seen.
This game definitely feels like miles away from TWAU which actually looked pretty good while using the same engine. After playing Life is Strange then I really dont even get it that Telltale still ises that garbage of an engine in 2015.
I hope the delay on TWAU2 was because of an engine swap.

Just finished episode 2.
Got chills when Talia sang at the Funeral. Really great episode. A bit glitchy for me during the preview of episodes 3 but that's Telltale for ya.
Can't wait for the next episode!

Corpsepyre

Banned
Fucking loved this. Didn't expect
Rodrick to be alive

Next episode is going to be nuts. TT has been on a roll with this and Borderlands.

JJP12

Finished episode 2 and
I lost Rodrik's betrothal to Elaena.
I kind of want to go back and fix that but it feels wrong to change my original choices in games like these.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Auuugh the frame rate on the Xbone is killing me. I missed two QTEs because the frame rate dropped to 10fps or lower.

There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of performance.

JustinBB7

are there steam achievements for episode 2? just started playing it but it still says i just have 8/8 from episode 1.

Yea, annoying, I've had it once with Wolf Among Us that they didn't trigger, while they were there, this time it still said 8/8 from the first episode :/

Also had 1 crash. Sigh Telltale

For the ep itself, it was great as usual.

Dawg

This episode was great.

Asher is awesome. Love the dude already.

Rodrik still alive? Fuck yes. That got me good.

The Lannister dude betraying you? Fuck. Thought he was going to be an ally :/

Didn't know
losing the betrothal was just an option
. I kinda want to go back but I can't be arsed. I like to stick with my decisions too. Changing something just because I "screwed up" kinda defeats the purpose of the game, I think.

Loving the revenge buildup so far. That final scene was perfect.

I managed to win the
Betrothal, I wonder if that's actually going to lead to something down the line.

Anyways, this was a great episode and feels much more like a proper beginning than the first one.
Asher
is a fun addition, I'm glad there's something to break up the overwhelming melancholy.

Now PLEASE finish the second Borderlands episode, holy shit.

FHIZ

Well finished episode 2.

Lost Roderick's betrothed like 60 some odd percent of PS4 players so far. I didn't even get a chance to tell her my junk was still working! Bullshit. Oh well, now I'm just gonna kill all the Whitehills.

I managed to win the
Betrothal, I wonder if that's actually going to lead to something down the line.

What did you say to score that? I played that interaction well, kept getting "appreciated" and responses like that, but obviously screwed it up along the way. Probably because I ended up
kissing the ring like a fucking idiot

CrazyDude

Well finished episode 2.

Lost Roderick's betrothed like 60 some odd percent of PS4 players so far. I didn't even get a chance to tell her my junk was still working! Bullshit. Oh well, now I'm just gonna kill all the Whitehills.

What did you say to score that? I played that interaction well, kept getting "appreciated" and responses like that, but obviously screwed it up along the way. Probably because I ended up

She accepts before the ring kissing thing.

Well finished episode 2.

There was an option to propose giving her family 50 percent of the ironwood. She needs a "practical" reason to marry you, you see.

I think I've promised 50 percent of the ironwood to a lot of people by now. What could go wrong?

kobal_2producers460.jpg

FHIZ

There was an option to propose giving her family 50 percent of the ironwood. She needs a "practical" reason to marry you, you see.

I think I've promised 50 percent of the ironwood to a lot of people by now. What could go wrong?

Ah, I saw that option and thought the same thing but just like "I'm pretty sure I don't have any." Annnnnnd by the end of the episode, eeeeeeeeeh up in the air.

But oh well. Like I said, I got nothing holding me back, just going to go HAM at the first chance I get.

WHAT COULD GO WRONG!?

Everything, ever.
Telltale game, after all.

Speaking in general, not about the story itself... But did anyone think that weird cheap looking photoshop filter they have on the backgrounds was turned up to 11 this episode? I swear I barely even noticed it in the first episode, but by the first scene in the garden this episode, I just thought "what the hell are they doing?" Just looked like a colorful blurry mess.

antitrop

Is episode 2 as ugly as episode 1? Are they still using the worst depth of field effect in the history of graphics?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I hate how janky these games feel. Just finished the first part of this episode and the poor production values really stick out. Especially after just having played Life is Strange.

Top Bottom