• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog.fr: PS4 Neo to be announced on September 7 in New York

Nestunt

Still in doubt if I should save that money for Scorpio in Q4 2017 since I could only afford a Neo in Q1 2017. I already have a PS4 with some games.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Damn I was hoping it was delayed till middle of next year so it could have a real CPU in it. Well this saves me money because I am not spending 399.99-499.99 for a console with Jaguar CPU in 2016.

Anth0ny

If they don't show me games, specs and a release date during the reveal event, they can jog on.

septenmber reveal: "this is the nx. it plays zelda. we will have more details soon."

*4 months of silence*

"ok here is the nx again. here are a couple of games running on it."

*time passes until we are 3 weeks from launch*

"ok nx release date is x and the price is y. thank you please enjoy zelda"

cackhyena

septenmber reveal: "this is the nx. it plays zelda. we will have more details soon."

*4 months of silence*

"ok here is the nx again. here are a couple of games running on it."

*time passes until we are 3 weeks from launch*

"ok nx release date is x and the price is y. thank you please enjoy zelda"
And I'll get it day one.

Very clever.

Make a US based annoucement. Have western press there. Announce clearly spec price details and upgrade plans. Have journos that can't go to TGS play improved game and upcoming games.

Then 2 weeks later, have it in japan, have japanese game on the floor.

two events for both western and japan. Pretty clever

Shin-chan

Problem is, with Wii U, they didn't cathered to their audience, which is why it was a failure on both fronts: Sales and games.
I can see why some would think that, especially at the start, but the console has some of Nintendos best titles (or at least very good) in their biggest series - Smash, MK, 3D Mario, 2D Mario. The only major one missing is Zelda. I'd say they did pretty well by their core fans (until this year which is a baron wasteland of software) and that's just their biggest releases.

Anyway, this isn't really the thread for it. I just meant that a focus on directs has made Nintendos market more and more insular without any potential growth and if they continue this way with the NX it may make them struggle still.

It'll be called PS4X. Just enough of a change to show variation from the standard PS4, and a nice throwback to the "PSX" moniker of old.

The God

It's like saying to someone who has a Galaxy S6 that there is no reason to get the S7 or HTC M9 to get the HTC 10.

I'm close to selling my NEX 6 camera to get an A6000. Is it a big jump or improvement? No, i just need new shiny,upgraded stuff. There are a lot of us out there :)

Well, if Sony doesn't put in 5 Ghz WIFI, fuck'em !
uh, how is it anything like that? If you already have a PC, and you aren't crazy about exclusives, why would you buy the neo?

I thought game blog was click bait and that's why nobody accepted their NX articles as legit?

It is clickbait. But they also sometimes shoot right. It's accurate enough to be verified soon anyway.
As for NX, they said in June as fast as PS4KNeo. And now between PS3 and PS4.

schaft0620

Really....Was the PS4 done in New York?

They have a few things going on there

Hornsuprocksplaystationtheater.JPG

Donos

uh, how is it anything like that? If you already have a PC, and you aren't crazy about exclusives, why would you buy the neo?

So you are saying, only Sony exclusives will use the more power? In the long run?

There are also a lot of people here who have beefy PC rigs and still buy games on XB1/PS4.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
? When has gaming anything ever gotten out of the way of phone stuff?

To be fair WWDC is for devs.

So if we are talking consumer facing events then usually nobody has anything they are gonna show in Sept to go up against an iPhone announcement in the West.

This year is unique in this regard.

Atomski

You think you are entitled to know about a product a certain amount of time before it releases?

Do I think I am entitled no.. do I think its good businessn pratice.. yes.

I think the thing that really burned me on this feeling is how when MS announced the scorpion and its timeframe some sony guy has the nerve to be like yeah they shouldnt do that.

watttt.. after they hushly announcing neo is real to those of us in the know. Yeah that just comes off as shity. This is my opnion though. Im not a huge corporation.. yadda yadda

I really don't think to many people will be angry .
Neo will be more expensive and you can always trade in your old PS4 .
Also i can understand the average person being angry about neo but not someone on gaf .
They should know better than to buy a PS4 in last few months .
you are kinda reinforcing what I am saying.

Being all hush hush to a minority of consumers while keeping everyone else in the dark just seems shady to me.

jbug617

Banned
Makes sense to announce it in NY. I think it's like a central point where the press can meet very easily. Also they announced the PS4 in NY.

Claiming a specific date and place is more than being a broken clock though.

Then again, it's because we're close to it that it's plausible. The closer you get, the easier you get leaks. One year ago, it would've been a crazy leak from really close source. At this point ? Your source can come from a retailer or a PR.

I gotta ask this (I'm not trolling seriously curious)

What reasons are people getting this console?
I understand the people getting it for 4k multimedia stuff but for gaming isn't this kinda pointless unless we know how much of a performance boost each game is getting? Also if any older games are gonna get a boost as well (like if bloodborne is 60 fps in NEO mode which would make it a must buy for me XD)

I seriously need more info on this thing

I don't have a PS4 yet but I want one so I might as well get the NEO.

The God

So you are saying, only Sony exclusives will use the more power? In the long run?

There are also a lot of people here who have beefy PC rigs and still buy games on XB1/PS4.

The dude I originally quoted said he'd have to justify the price if he ended buying one so I'm assuming he's not one of those people.

Point is I'm saying it doesn't make sense to buy this console if you're already playing 3rd parties elsewhere and you don't care about the exclusive games, but that's just me.

Donos

The dude I originally quoted said he'd have to justify the price if he ended buying one so I'm assuming he's not one of those people.

Point is I'm saying it doesn't make sense to buy this console if you're already playing 3rd parties elsewhere and you don't care about the exclusive games, but that's just me.

Ah okay, that's a point. Still people are not reasonable when it comes to new gadgets :).

jeffc919

I'll have to decide if it's worth upgrading when I expect to play mostly Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 through the fall and winter. I could see a more stable frame rate on BF1 with the Neo. BF games tend to drop frames when a lot of things are happening at once.

DavidDesu

I'm really interested to see how they pitch this in their conference. What's their reasoning behind it. I know Andrew House has already given a brief overview of why we're getting this and what it will do, but it will be cool to hear the official public messaging on it.

I cannot wait to see the console design, if it indeed even changes at all. I'd imagine the new internals will sort of demand a redesign of some sort, but will it shrink or be bigger, will it maintain the same design language or be something totally different? Can't wait to find out.

Last of all I'm looking forward to seeing how it actually performs, hopefully quicker UI on the main menu, faster switching between apps and loading up the Share menu etc. And then finally games, I hope the improved visuals for some already existing titles will blow us away. I have a feeling they will. I'm imagining my favourite games now boasting super smooth ant aliasing and rock solid frame rates, I see that as the benefit of the Neo being tied to the base system, games will need to run well as they do now on PS4, and the zneo can just tip things over the edge. Not much excuse for stuttering frame rates or screen tear if the game runs well enough on base PS4.

SOR5

I'm really interested to see how they pitch this in their conference. What's their reasoning behind it. I know Andrew House has already given a brief overview of why we're getting this and what it will do, but it will be cool to hear the official public messaging on it.

I cannot wait to see the console design, if it indeed even changes at all. I'd imagine the new internals will sort of demand a redesign of some sort, but will it shrink or be bigger, will it maintain the same design language or be something totally different? Can't wait to find out.

Last of all I'm looking forward to seeing how it actually performs, hopefully quicker UI on the main menu, faster switching between apps and loading up the Share menu etc. And then finally games, I hope the improved visuals for some already existing titles will blow us away. I have a feeling they will. I'm imagining my favourite games now boasting super smooth ant aliasing and rock solid frame rates, I see that as the benefit of the Neo being tied to the base system, games will need to run well as they do now on PS4, and the zneo can just tip things over the edge. Not much excuse for stuttering frame rates or screen tear if the game runs well enough on base PS4.

I love Sony hardware design, even had a Walkman MP3 over iPod up until smartphones became too mainstream to ignore

Hope the UI gets freshened up as well

Boke1879

I really can't wait for this and a late september/ Early October launch is perfect for me. Right after FFXV is launched I can grab the Neo. Can't wait to play games like BF1, Last Guardian, COD etc on this thing.

I'll admit I do complain but man it's hard not to when you see the hack threads turn into victim blaming and honestly yeah I think it's kinda shallow of Sony to not give the mass market a bigger window of info on the Neo. Even in this very thread we have victim blaming again that people shouldn't have bought ps4s recently knowing what "Neogaf knows".

So if you want to call me salty for speaking my mind about shity business practices and how some of their fans are jerks so be it.

Are you equally invested in complaining about all the shady shit other video game companies partake in? Doesn't seem like it. Seems to me like you're a staunch PC/Nintendo guy who likes shitting on Sony at every opportunity.

And why do you care whether or not Sony sheds more light on the Neo anyway? This post you made last month seems to fly in the face of any interest you have in the PS ecosystem anymore.

I sold my PS4 when moving over seas. Honestly havent missed it at all..

Outside of Bloodborne it really collected dust while I was playing PC games. It cost like 500 dollars for s ps4 over here so i havent had the urge to grab a new one at all..

Very clever.

Make a US based annoucement. Have western press there. Announce clearly spec price details and upgrade plans. Have journos that can't go to TGS play improved game and upcoming games.

Then 2 weeks later, have it in japan, have japanese game on the floor.

two events for both western and japan. Pretty clever

I imagine it is also because Japan isn't as core a market for home console these days.

goonergaz

Neo is weaker than Scorpio so Microsoft got that and the same month as the anticipated NX so Nintendo got that. good luck Sony.

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean. MS just released a more expensive machine that is still weaker than the PS4...and that's selling quite well apparently. And Neo will have ~9 months+ head start - much like the X360 did on the 'more powerful' PS3.

So yeah, what's your point!?

Top Bottom