• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#GAMERGATE: The Threadening [Read the OP] -- #StopGamerGate2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to Bro Team about this and he's not exactly pro-GG. He definitely has a chip on his shoulder about Zoe Quinn and is thoroughly convinced that she's a bad person who's done bad things, but he does believe the threats/harassment are real and doesn't think they're justified of course. His overall opinion of GG is that it's a bad joke filled with angry screaming children.

Basically the inverse of "I support GG but don't care about Literally Who" people.

Having a chip on your shoulder over a indie developer's sexual history is pretty much the opposite of not caring, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

L Thammy

So GamerGate is now cannibalizing itself.

I wonder, how long has it been like this? If you check 8chan, they will stop dropping the words "shill" and "false flag" to disown each other on a moment's notice.

Does anyone remember the guy who did those blue versus red propaganda images on Twitter? Pro-GG people are in blue with friendly faces, while anti-GG people are in red with ugly faces and sometimes elf / nazi qualities. Does anyone have a link? I'm wondering if he's going to do a replacement image for JonTron now.

I talked to Bro Team about this and he's not exactly pro-GG. He definitely has a chip on his shoulder about Zoe Quinn and is thoroughly convinced that she's a bad person who's done bad things, but he does believe the threats/harassment are real and doesn't think they're justified of course. His overall opinion of GG is that it's a bad joke filled with angry screaming children.

Basically the inverse of "I support GG but don't care about Literally Who" people.

At least he's being honest.

This is going to be shit I can tell

Everything I've seen from French TV has been done tell shit, definitely not confident about this.

Orayn

Having a chip on your shoulder over a indie developer's sexual history is pretty much the opposite of not caring, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I mean he's the opposite of that: He makes fun of GG all the time, retweets some of my stuff mocking them, and laughs whenever he winds up on a list of pro-GG champions, but he really doesn't like Zoe Quinn and believes the rabbit hole goes deeper than the accusations that started this mess. Not the standard GG "feminist cabal censoring media and taking away our games" rabbit hole, but thinking that she's a bully or somesuch. It's weird, I try not to interact with him about it.

I mean he's the opposite of that: He makes fun of GG all the time, retweets some of my stuff mocking them, and laughs whenever he winds up on a list of pro-GG champions, but he really doesn't like Zoe Quinn and believes the rabbit hole goes deeper than the accusations that started this mess. Not the standard GG "feminist cabal censoring media and taking away our games" rabbit hole, but thinking that she's a bully or somesuch. It's weird, I try not to interact with him about it.

He's just sounding like a different kind of conspiracy nut to me.

I don't even watch his videos much anyway. Forget I brought this up.

This is only vaguely related, but I didn't know Davis Aurini made a short film.

Lust in the Time of Heartache

Just started watching it, myself. Looks like an anthem against promiscuity.

This dude loooooves smoking and drinking whiskey on camera.

EDIT: "The thing I hate most about seeing the powerful abusing the weak, is knowing the weak did something to deserve it."

EDIT: Holy crap, this is amazing.

Dio

Banned
Is that in reference to this?

http://i.minus.com/ibdckO28xT7C7p.PNG

Mael

Everything I've seen from French TV has been done tell shit, definitely not confident about this.

It's not really a French issue anyway so I can already tell that no one seeing this will see anything but 3 children using to much technology while they could be doing something productive.
And the only thing this extract have from the pro GG crowd is : It's not us! and we were among the 1rst one to say that it's not us doing this.
Not even in French GG manage to look anything but hilariously stupid.

Maybe? I really don't know. Like chaobreaker, I really don't want to get deeper into that quagmire, I was just trying to clarify where Bro Team stands on things because I'm pretty good friends with him.

Sorry. I already regret escalating this in the first place.

I made an #OPERATION version
7VD7aS4.jpg

I'm gonna regret this

Good job, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom