• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that are MUCH better on PC

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
excuse me?
There is nobody with better pc skills than me.
if you think these issues are caused by bad pc building... you dont know anything about pc gaming
risitas-el-risitas.gif

Holy shit, the absolute audacity this man has sometimes.

Look bro, in all my life I've owned 4 PCs. I'm kinda clumsy and not too tech savvy, like I like messing around with hardware like if they were LEGOs but I'm not too interested in how it really works. Don't even know what a teraflop is, and probably won't ever know since I don't give a shit.

With that in mind, let me very briefly tell you about my PC life and the PCs I've owned:
  • This first one almost burst in flames. I was 12y/o, removed the CPU's heatsink because it was making too much noise. A few floors on the Diablo dungeon after that my PC shut down and it never came back. It was my fault tho, I was dubm, still am, but I'm learning.
  • Second PC, died after 8 fucking years, but I would bet it was because I OCed the fuck out of it in order to play The Witcher 2. Up until that point, 0 issues, and I had an ATI card.
  • Third PC, gaming laptop, 0 issues. Well, it turned itself down a few times shortly after getting it, but that was because the clerk at the store gave me a 120w power supply instead of a 180w one.
  • Fouth PC, current desktop one, 0 issues.

So yeah, that's the life of someone who's being gaming on PC for 20 years. I had some issue here and there, but it's far from the Vietnam experience you always describe when talking about PC gaming.
And hey, I'm not calling you a liar, but sometimes I really doubt you even have a PC or any skills at all because man, you sure do have a ton more of issues than the average PC player. Next time you post that kind of stuff I would consider thinking about it twice, as you might be making a fool of yourself.

Hugare Hugare I guess you could add to your list any game which engine has been redone and reworked by the community, like Morrowind, or...

Thief 3! Now that I think of that one, it's a complete different experience on PC and consoles. Those mad fans reworked the levels, the awful controls and even some animations in order to make it play closer to the original titles.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
risitas-el-risitas.gif

Holy shit, the absolute audacity this man has sometimes.

Look bro, in all my life I've owned 4 PCs. I'm kinda clumsy and not too tech savvy, like I like messing around with hardware like if they were LEGOs but I'm not too interested in how it really works. Don't even know what a teraflop is, and probably won't ever know since I don't give a shit.

With that in mind, let me very briefly tell you about my PC life and the PCs I've owned:
  • This first one almost burst in flames. I was 12y/o, removed the CPU's heatsink because it was making too much noise. A few floors on the Diablo dungeon after that my PC shut down and it never came back. It was my fault tho, I was dubm, still am, but I'm learning.
  • Second PC, died after 8 fucking years, but I would bet it was because I OCed the fuck out of it in order to play The Witcher 2. Up until that point, 0 issues, and I had an ATI card.
  • Third PC, gaming laptop, 0 issues. Well, it turned itself down a few times shortly after getting it, but that was because the clerk at the store gave me a 120w power supply instead of a 180w one.
  • Fouth PC, current desktop one, 0 issues.

So yeah, that's the life of someone who's being gaming on PC for 20 years. I had some issue here and there, but it's far from the Vietnam experience you always describe when talking about PC gaming.
And hey, I'm not calling you a liar, but sometimes I really doubt you even have a PC or any skills at all because man, you sure do have a ton more of issues than the average PC player. Next time you post that kind of stuff I would consider thinking about it twice, as you might be making a fool of yourself.
what vietnam experience?
You are just ignoring the little bugs and annoyances.
I am saying "I am the best" only to antagonize some assholes here. But in my environment, I am the guy who helps everyone around with their computers

STARSBarry

Gold Member
What % of my pc posts are shitting on it? I didn't shit for a long time.
And what I am doing now is not shitting on pc. It's facts and experience.
Someone has to go against the grain of all the blind pc people.
They are ruining the PC gaming and pc experience

To be fair my facts and experience just so happens to be the oposite of yours... well apart from the expensive components that comes with the territory, but when I got my 5900x for example it was too noisy on the defualt profiles, so I changed the fan curve and went core by core to find the best voltage curve. It's now runs at sustained higher clock speed at lower voltages. I can't do that on console, thats locked down.

I think the last time I had a hardware failure was a very old 120GB SSD which I had recycled from an old PC several years ago that I kept "movies" so on. Annoying but it happens thing lasted me well over it's advertised max writes.

Outside of not working or other issues etc, I can't say I don't remembering it not happening especially with buggy releases like Cyberpunk... but then my PS5 crashed every 2 hours on cyberpunk too (I had a copy preordered, I know I know) so it's not like consoles games don't also suffer from this.

Just like me who has been through 3 elite controllers because they all break, my experience will naturally differ from the majority who has had no issue with theirs. However from you saying that you have near constant issues with your PC hardware (this might be hyperbole) I could only guess your either taking chances on cheap second hand parts or just bad hardware (plenty of reviews on how bad asrock boards are for example).

But that's just me... and within my friend's group who all have PC, I can't remember the last time someone had a major hardware fault and we have been playing together for decades. It's not like we don't have issues but they just don't seem to be the utter deal breaker they are for the majority...

I mean we just had the thread about the guys PS5 breaking down here, you can have a bad experience with any electronic if it breaks.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Oh yeah mr fancypants?
What is not stable in my pc?
My pc never overheated too. It's silent and quiet.
Did I said I have this issues with my current pc?
Look at the pcgamingwiki or steam forums... pc gaming was always full of troubleshooting. You might not even notice it. It's easy for you and me but it is there.

Oh and btw. I built this pc in 2019. x570+3700x launch. It was one of the worst launches I've experienced. It's all good now but I had to switch motherboard and troubleshoot.
B450 verified with "zen2 compatible" bios which I had to install prior, only launched 10% of the times. I had to replace the board so I went gigabyte x570 aorus elite. paying customer, new tech and parts. 2 weeks fucking around relacing perfectly fine new parts. Thanks AMD. That piece of shit had noisy fan(gigabyte replaced), 1 min long boot (csm off or on) and terrible spiking default fan curves.... and a problem booting after setting xmp.
But oh so fun!!! new bios every week for few months and it did end up with 0 issues and booting in 20 seconds + custom fan curves.
You are all fools thinking this is what customers should do. I am a pc gamer since 1997 and I would really hope things just work better this time around.
Other parts are 3200mhz hyperx ram, 3080fe, phatneks p600s case and be quiet fans.
The only problem I have left is either of front fans seizing up once a month or so. Pretty strange. Maybe p600s header is to blame but I am to lazy to open it up and connect fans directly.
That's not mentioning windows crap and game by game crap. There is always something with every game. This game you want vsync, this game it breaks things, this game that, this that. always.

Or my buddy who built x570, 5800x pc over year ago... He had to replace one of his nvme drives because it was disappearing. He still cannot force xmp to work. His water cooling is loud (thermaltake and pump is shit). His rgb is wonkyt and don't cooperate. He had AMD usb problems for a long time. Now he got new monitors and gsync works in window but not full screen. There is always some small stuff.

You are either blind or not knowledgeable enough to not notice anything but good for you. Ignorance is bliss.

I have a very good, and VERY WELL built gaming pc which I built myself as well as building my friends and coworkers computers. They are all perfectly happy.
There really is NO WAY to fuck things up. It's not user fault for the most part. It's easier than fucking lego.
But you know? you don't know that. You built your computers and you guys think you did something amazing and are so skilled! bravo to you.
Only I have the balls to see things for what they are. There is nothing wrong with admiring simplicity of a console. There is even less wrong in noticing that pc gaming is not problems free. Problems that should be much much less for the price you pay

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

PCMR fighting each other?
It's not.

rofif rofif is not a PC guy. He is a former PC guy that now has made it into his life mission (or something) to go into several PC or PC-centric threads preaching his anti-PC gospel. I have no clue as to why.

I personally don't care but some in PC-GAF find that to be annoying. In extreme cases, some PC-GAF people (like DonJuanSchlong... RIP 😂😂😂) completely go bonkers and lose their shit, and get perma-banned.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
To be fair my facts and experience just so happens to be the oposite of yours... well apart from the expensive components that comes with the territory, but when I got my 5900x for example it was too noisy on the defualt profiles, so I changed the fan curve and went core by core to find the best voltage curve. It's now runs at sustained higher clock speed at lower voltages. I can't do that on console, thats locked down.

I think the last time I had a hardware failure was a very old 120GB SSD which I had recycled from an old PC several years ago that I kept "movies" so on. Annoying but it happens thing lasted me well over it's advertised max writes.

Outside of not working or other issues etc, I can't say I don't remembering it not happening especially with buggy releases like Cyberpunk... but then my PS5 crashed every 2 hours on cyberpunk too (I had a copy preordered, I know I know) so it's not like consoles games don't also suffer from this.

Just like me who has been through 3 elite controllers because they all break, my experience will naturally differ from the majority who has had no issue with theirs. However from you saying that you have near constant issues with your PC hardware (this might be hyperbole) I could only guess your either taking chances on cheap second hand parts or just bad hardware (plenty of reviews on how bad asrock boards are for example).

But that's just me... and within my friend's group who all have PC, I can't remember the last time someone had a major hardware fault and we have been playing together for decades. It's not like we don't have issues but they just don't seem to be the utter deal breaker they are for the majority...

I mean we just had the thread about the guys PS5 breaking down here, you can have a bad experience with any electronic if it breaks.
Aside from that b450 I also didnt had a critical failure. Less than my buddy.
But I am just generalizing.
You know there is something to tweak or read on pcgamingwiki.
Like with gsync on my friends pc. We have no idea why it doesnt work fullscreen. it worked once and never again.
We will just do a quick windows reinstall but the fact we have to think about it ands earch for this is a filure

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
what vietnam experience?
This one you wrote about:
We are not forgetting about ALL THE THINGS you can do on pc... like crashing, overheating, driver bugs, nothing working when you need it, expensive pc parts and so many previous things.

I am saying "I am the best" only to antagonize some assholes here.
Understandable I guess, but for the rest of us that came out as something kinda funny, sorry.

in my environment, I am the guy who helps everyone around with their computers
My condolences, I knew the feel and I really didn't like it. Ended up telling my frens to fuck off on that aspect. (Not with those words ofc, we are still friends :messenger_grinning_sweat:)

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's not.

rofif rofif is not a PC guy. He is a former PC guy that now has made it into his life mission (or something) to go into several PC or PC-centric threads preaching his anti-PC gospel. I have no clue as to why.

I personally don't care but some in PC-GAF find that to be annoying. In extreme cases, some PC-GAF people (like DonJuanSchlong... RIP 😂😂😂) completely go bonkers and lose their shit, and get perma-banned.
That's not True.

I am more PC guy than most of the haters here. They lack the knowledge to to see this stuff. they are ignoran.
I am leaning more towards consoles now but it's just more comfortable. I still have a 3080 and I still use it. Just not as much as I would once

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It's not.

RIP DonJuanSchlong

MenacingDazzlingCaterpillar-size_restricted.gif

To be honest guys like rofif provide free entertainment. Sometimes I feel guilty that I get it for free. I should probably subscribe to GAF gold.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Look at the pcgamingwiki or steam forums... pc gaming was always full of troubleshooting. You might not even notice it. It's easy for you and me but it is there.

Oh and btw. I built this pc in 2019. x570+3700x launch. It was one of the worst launches I've experienced. It's all good now but I had to switch motherboard and troubleshoot.
B450 verified with "zen2 compatible" bios which I had to install prior, only launched 10% of the times. I had to replace the board so I went gigabyte x570 aorus elite. paying customer, new tech and parts. 2 weeks fucking around relacing perfectly fine new parts. Thanks AMD. That piece of shit had noisy fan(gigabyte replaced), 1 min long boot (csm off or on) and terrible spiking default fan curves.... and a problem booting after setting xmp.
But oh so fun!!! new bios every week for few months and it did end up with 0 issues and booting in 20 seconds + custom fan curves.
You are all fools thinking this is what customers should do. I am a pc gamer since 1997 and I would really hope things just work better this time around.
Other parts are 3200mhz hyperx ram, 3080fe, phatneks p600s case and be quiet fans.
The only problem I have left is either of front fans seizing up once a month or so. Pretty strange. Maybe p600s header is to blame but I am to lazy to open it up and connect fans directly.
That's not mentioning windows crap and game by game crap. There is always something with every game. This game you want vsync, this game it breaks things, this game that, this that. always.

Or my buddy who built x570, 5800x pc over year ago... He had to replace one of his nvme drives because it was disappearing. He still cannot force xmp to work. His water cooling is loud (thermaltake and pump is shit). His rgb is wonkyt and don't cooperate. He had AMD usb problems for a long time. Now he got new monitors and gsync works in window but not full screen. There is always some small stuff.

You are either blind or not knowledgeable enough to not notice anything but good for you. Ignorance is bliss.

I have a very good, and VERY WELL built gaming pc which I built myself as well as building my friends and coworkers computers. They are all perfectly happy.
There really is NO WAY to fuck things up. It's not user fault for the most part. It's easier than fucking lego.
But you know? you don't know that. You built your computers and you guys think you did something amazing and are so skilled! bravo to you.
Only I have the balls to see things for what they are. There is nothing wrong with admiring simplicity of a console. There is even less wrong in noticing that pc gaming is not problems free. Problems that should be much much less for the price you pay
1- And my SNES had the 2nd controller plug stop working. Other didn't have this problem. My Wii GPU didn't give me dead pixels. Others did get. 🤷‍♂️

2- The solution for building problems for pc is the same as for consoles. Let others that know better to build for you.

Hugare

rofif rofif , STARSBarry STARSBarry , TintoConCasera TintoConCasera and other guys, please, stop derailing the thread

Hugare Hugare I guess you could add to your list any game which engine has been redone and reworked by the community, like Morrowind, or...

Thief 3! Now that I think of that one, it's a complete different experience on PC and consoles. Those mad fans reworked the levels, the awful controls and even some animations in order to make it play closer to the original titles.
Yeah, stuff like Morrowind or the Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64 for PC are great examples

Didnt know that about Thief 3 !

I have to play it someday. Love stealth games (Hitman, MGS, Splinter Cell) but never tried Thief before.

TintoConCasera

I have to play it someday. Love stealth games (Hitman, MGS, Splinter Cell) but never tried Thief before.
Yeah, they did some pretty cool stuff with that game.

If you wanna take a quick peek at what's changed, checkout this video up until the 5 minute mark or so:

yamaci17

rofif rofif , STARSBarry STARSBarry , TintoConCasera TintoConCasera and other guys, please, stop derailing the thread

Yeah, stuff like Morrowind or the Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64 for PC are great examples

that's Rofif's MO. he must be banned for such behaviors, since he openly admitted discussing in bad faith. since he gets away with it every time with crafty words, he keeps doing it. on a properly moderated forum, such a person would not be able to keep doing what he's doing. i don't know as to what kind of incentive forum moderators have to let him to what he does.

"
By never critiquing the thing you like, it will never get better.
Blind pc fanboys really can't see past their own pc"

see his mentality? he practically believes that we must critique PCs all the time, regardless of the context and topic. This is a thread where we SPECIFICALLY discuss games that run better on PC. yet he thinks that this is another thread where we must admit, discuss and talk about the downsides of PC gaming. that's what he is. this is just a toxic approach, and should not be allowed. i'd suggest him to open a thread labeled "downsides of the PC gaming" and pour all his hatred there, but i don't think he has the guts to do such a thing.

we critique the PC gaming, where it is required, in more appopriate places in other discussions. this is just not the place for it

i hope he gets his comeuppance one day. single handedly, he will force me out of this forum if this keeps happening. either he will go at one point, or stop derailing the threads, or i will leave the forum because i really had enough of him and his trolling. i sincerely believed that he stopped doing this stuff. we were discussing peacefully in this thread until he came, and look how the thread has spiraled out of control. he sees this as a good, natural thing to happen. just like his skewed PC perspective. console threads are pure and clean, because most of sane people do not go to console threads to talk about their downsides all the time. I have no incentive to do such a thing.

most of us folk have no trouble discussing the downsides of PC gaming. but it is not ideal to discuss it in every possible thread that has a tie to PC gaming. that's what he does. i critique ue4 shader compilation wherever is it feasible.

WHY SHOULD I CRITIQUE UE4 SHADER COMPILATON IN THIS TOPIC, for example?

what kind of value it will bring to this discussion?

Last edited:
It’s not the same thing. In the living room I have a comfy couch, big TV and projector, Atmos AVR. I don’t want to invest in all that for the PC. Plus, I honestly don’t want my noisy PC in the living room either, so consoles will stay winning for certain games for me. I’ve dabbled with in-house streaming and GFN as well, but… Nah.
It's crazy how out of touch this post is.

th4tguy

Ever since consoles moved to x86 architecture, it's been pretty good with PC ports (with some exceptions). I do remember when almost all releases on PC, during PS3/360 era, were really struggling and talks of "death of pc gaming" were going around.

TintoConCasera

that's Rofif's MO. he must be banned for such behaviors, since he openly admitted discussing in bad faith. since he gets away with it every time with crafty words, he keeps doing it. on a properly moderated forum, such a person would not be able to keep doing what he's doing. i don't know as to what kind of incentive forum moderators have to let him to what he does.

"
By never critiquing the thing you like, it will never get better.
Blind pc fanboys really can't see past their own pc"

see his mentality? he practically believes that we must critique PCs all the time, regardless of the context and topic. This is a thread where we SPECIFICALLY discuss games that run better on PC. yet he thinks that this is another thread where we must admit, discuss and talk about the downsides of PC gaming. that's what he is. this is just a toxic approach, and should not be allowed. i'd suggest him to open a thread labeled "downsides of the PC gaming" and pour all his hatred there, but i don't think he has the guts to do such a thing.

we critique the PC gaming, where it is required, in more appopriate places in other discussions. this is just not the place for it

i hope he gets his comeuppance one day. single handedly, he will force me out of this forum if this keeps happening. either he will go at one point, or stop derailing the threads, or i will leave the forum because i really had enough of him and his trolling.
I share your thoughts 100% and hope the mods do something about it... but for the sake of OP, I'll just post another game that's miles better on PC than in any console.

And that is DOOM!

It's not only because of the controls. I mean, there's no vertical aim in this game, so when it comes to playing with a gamepad the experience comes closer to what could be GoldenEye or Perfect Dark than a conventional shooter.
So yeah, not really a big difference here between M+KB or controller, although obviously the former offers more precision but my point is that's still perfectly playable on a console. I loved my time with it on the Switch.

The thing with DOOM on PC is that fans have been developing sourceports, mods, level packs and even full conversions for years. You could have just DOOM on your PC and still be able to game for ages thanks to all the free content available for it.
And it's not free shit. Things like Ancient Aliens or even Eviternity make use of the sourceport to make things that would be impossible on the original game.

evi-post-08.jpg
eR6B6MS3dL8ABxyzcMAdUh.png

And if you get tired of playing the same fucking thousands of free levels that are available, just install Brutal DOOM or some other mod to replay it all again.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
It’s not the same thing. In the living room I have a comfy couch, big TV and projector, Atmos AVR. I don’t want to invest in all that for the PC. Plus, I honestly don’t want my noisy PC in the living room either, so consoles will stay winning for certain games for me. I’ve dabbled with in-house streaming and GFN as well, but… Nah.
How noisy a pc can be for the fans be significant audible with your big speakers or while using phones???

Last edited:

TheGecko

Banned
Everyone just pointing out graphics..... jesus.

Anyway, Most racing sims are better. AC, ACC and Dirt Rally have noticeably better physics and force feedback if you're a wheel user.

Also in AC there is sound reverb, noticeable when full blast through stadium sections that you don't get on the consoles.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Everything.

Mods, trainers, superior performance, FOV options, controller preferences, keyboard/mouse, etc…

Most recently Days Gone which is an enormous difference in fluidity, from when I played on a PS4 Pro.

And my office chair blows away a shitty couch.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I share your thoughts 100% and hope the mods do something about it... but for the sake of OP, I'll just post another game that's miles better on PC than in any console.

And that is DOOM!

It's not only because of the controls. I mean, there's no vertical aim in this game, so when it comes to playing with a gamepad the experience comes closer to what could be GoldenEye or Perfect Dark than a conventional shooter.
So yeah, not really a big difference here between M+KB or controller, although obviously the former offers more precision but my point is that's still perfectly playable on a console. I loved my time with it on the Switch.

The thing with DOOM on PC is that fans have been developing sourceports, mods, level packs and even full conversions for years. You could have just DOOM on your PC and still be able to game for ages thanks to all the free content available for it.
And it's not free shit. Things like Ancient Aliens or even Eviternity make use of the sourceport to make things that would be impossible on the original game.

evi-post-08.jpg
eR6B6MS3dL8ABxyzcMAdUh.png

And if you get tired of playing the same fucking thousands of free levels that are available, just install Brutal DOOM or some other mod to replay it all again.
We can mod it to have vertical aiming without aim assist. Then it's glorious.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Everyone just pointing out graphics..... jesus.

Because we're talking about video games?

Resolution (clarity) and framerate (fluidity) is extremely important. It instantly makes every game better to play. There's no denying it.

I have one more: Death Stranding. It plays surprisingly well with mouse and keyboard when just walking around but I'm talking about navigating menus (which you do a lot in this game). Organizing your cargo is a breeze compared to consoles. But I get why many people would still prefer a controller.

michael_scott_thank_you.gif

OP, there are other examples where fan passion projects made and released on PC end up being better than official releases on consoles/portables.

One example I can think of is games associated with Metroid 2. So the original came out on Gameboy. For the longest time, there was (still is?) a fan project called AM2R (which I think stands for "Another Metroid 2 Remake?") which became very popular among Metroid fans.

When the actual official remake of Metroid 2 got released for 3DS, people compared it unfavorably to AM2R. (As in, many people thought that AM2R was the better version of the game.)

Anyway, of course there are questions about the legality of fan projects and such, but the point I'm trying to make is that there are prominent fan driven projects -- available on PC only -- that end up being better/higher quality than official releases.

Another point: in many cases, fighting game fans prefer the online/netcode features provided by PC things like Fightcade, compared to the weaker online code in official console releases.

Just bringing these up for thread conversation, as I'm not personally/directly acquainted with either AM2R or Fightcade.

yamaci17

Resolution (clarity) and framerate (fluidity) is extremely important. It instantly makes every game better to play. There's no denying it.

I have one more: Death Stranding. It plays surprisingly well with mouse and keyboard when just walking around but I'm talking about navigating menus (which you do a lot in this game). Organizing your cargo is a breeze compared to consoles. But I get why many people would still prefer a controller.
OP clearly stated "So I was wondering: what other games are much better experiences (graphically) on PC ?"

i seriously think that most folks do not even read the OP's post to begin with.

Last edited:

Fredrik

How noisy a pc can be for the fans be significant audible with your big speakers or while using phones???
Very

I have a stock AMD CPU fan, plus two cab fans of unknown quality (prob trash) and the PSU fan, plus the Suprim X 3070ti fans.

It all adds up…

There is some annoying sweeping coil whine thing going on as well.

It’s just not something I want in the living room. 😕

I should really build a new PC, the current PC setup started out as a temporary Cubase rig and evolved into a train wreck of a gaming rig. It is what it is.

yamaci17

okay so outside of graphics, op, i can say payday 2 is probably a game where experienced best on PC

game has fantastic mods that elevate and enhance the gameplay and UI elements to another level. so much so that native game looks jank and bad for people that is accustomed to them

game has a lot of advanced skills and more cooldowns to deal with, and for higher difficulties for a more technical and precise gameplay, it is really cool to have more elements to show what is what

witcher 3 with e3 ui + e3 specific tweaks also seems to be what you can get close to something to nextgen version as possible

some of these mods are crazy! makes you see how much stuff is missing or can be improved in the game.

you can also have full hairworks for monsters/animals if you have something above gtx 1060, you will get good FPS with it. there are mods that specifically enable hairworks only on them if you dont like hairworks on Geralt

animals and wolfs look fantastic with Hairworks

the game has broken 30 fps hairs on xbox one x/series x (only consoles where it has a 60 fps mode), it is also possible to fix that on PC

practically, there are also tons of stuff, like

that fixes in game texts and strings

PC is the DEFINITIVE place to play The Witcher 3 to its full potential. You're practically missing out on huge stuff if you play this game on console. Especially on something like PS4/Xbox One. Even midrange hardware from 2015 can easily power through 1080p/60 FPS easily with all the mods active...

With all these combined, you can truly transform The Witcher 3 into a nextgen-version-worthy of a game. It is a game that is worth replaying so give these a look if you ever plan to play it again. I don't even know if CDPR will be able to match all these features with their nextgen release

Last edited:
Nothing forbid people to use mic on pc and I was/still am competitive in MW/MW2/MW3 and BO2. Cod dying or not meant nothing as I easily found/still find matches.
Nothing forbidding anyone from talking is totally irrelevant. The fact of the matter is lobbies in cod were the most active on the 360 because everyone had mic’s. While on PC no one talked, rarely if ever.

Also the competitive scene was on the 360 for COD. Not PC.

Hey GAF

Short story: Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games of all time, so I was obviously very much hyped when Fallout 4 was announced

Bought the game for my PS4 when it launched and when I booted it up, I almost barfed. It looked hideous.

Shadows being generated 2 meters in front of the player? Ridiculous. Ruined the experience for me.

Now I've bought the game on the Steam Summer Sale, and god damn it looks so much better on PC that it almost feels like it's from another generation

I mean, look at this comparison from Digital Foundry:

kgsdsqV.png

RO6f1vA.png

So I was wondering: what other games are much better experiences (graphically) on PC ?

Final Fantasy XV is also another candidate, I think. The Nvidia Gameworks stuff looks excellent.
Cyberpunk 2077

ACESHIGH

Banned
If you are on the Sony ecosystem then basically every 7th gen game that got a PC port.
Also every Nintendo game. Specially WII U ones. Xenoblade X looks amazing

Last edited:

TheGecko

Banned

He said which games are MUCH better, not which games are MUCH BETTER LOOKING.

He said which games are MUCH better, not which games are MUCH BETTER LOOKING.
Some choice selections from the opening post (which you clearly didn't read):

Bought the game for my PS4 when it launched and when I booted it up, I almost barfed. It looked hideous.

Now I've bought the game on the Steam Summer Sale, and god damn it looks so much better on PC that it almost feels like it's from another generation

So I was wondering: what other games are much better experiences (graphically) on PC ?

Final Fantasy XV is also another candidate, I think. The Nvidia Gameworks stuff looks excellent.

If you can hate on me..... guess I can hate on pc
Dude, it's fine if you want to hate on PC. Just don't go around derailing almost every possible thread with it. I mean, even before you showed up, the OP had been appealing to people multiple times in this thread, to not derail.

Again, you should just create a mega "PC sucks" thread instead of derailing all other threads with it.

No hard feelings though.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Some choice selections from the opening post (which you clearly didn't read):

Dude, it's fine if you want to hate on PC. Just don't go around derailing almost every possible thread with it. I mean, even before you showed up, the OP had been appealing to people multiple times in this thread, to not derail.

Again, you should just create a mega "PC sucks" thread instead of derailing all other threads with it.

No hard feelings though.
I didn't start it.
And how can you fucking expect to make a thread like that and not get pc/console wars?
Get real (op)

Top Bottom