• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with Gold April: The Wolf Among Us, Sunset Overdrive, Saints Row IV, Dead Space

dc89

I've not played any of these.
I guess that's my spring gaming pretty much sorted alongside The Witcher 3 which I'm currently playing for the first time.

DJKhaled

God fucking dammit I waited so long for Sunset Overdrive and finally caved and bought it.... oh well, at least I get Wolf Among Us. Pretty great month of games though.

leng jai

Great month even though I already have SO. PS Plus be there come up with something half decent for April, it's been fairly dire this year.

a.wd

Awesome, had physical SO, will play the crap out of the rest of those games. Awesome month, glad I kept gold

Maybesew

If you let your gold expire and then re-subscribe do you lose all your games? Specifically asking about dark souls for 360

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
What's more interesting is where Microsoft goes from here.

They've raised the bar now. This is arguably one of the best months of Games with Gold since the service started. Will they go back to indie fest after this, or will they continue to offer at least one "full retail" title every month?

They definitely have a catalogue big enough now to offer at least one.

Off the top of my head, games they could throw on the service as the "one game". Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Wolfenstein The New Order, Rise of the Tomb Raider (right before PS4 version launches), Assassin's Creed Unity or Syndicate and Titanfall. That basically takes us to the end of the year in which time more games qualify to be added to the list.

They've raised the bar now. This is arguably one of the best months of Games with Gold since the service started. Will they go back to indie fest after this, or will they continue to offer at least one "full retail" title every month?

Off the top of my head, games they could throw on the service as the "one game". Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Wolfenstein The New Order, Rise of the Tomb Raider (right before PS4 version launches), Assassin's Creed Unity or Syndicate and Titanfall. That basically takes us to the end of the year in which time more games qualify to be added to the list.

Dead Rising 3 would be awesome as a GWG title. I kind of regret selling it, especially since I did so just before they announced the Street Fighter DLC.

Chris1

Don't get your hopes up for retail titles every month until they announce it. They're going to make it known when that happens, just like they did on the 360. Will they announce this at E3? Maybe, I think it's about time now too.

For the weaker months on XB1 we'll probably see bigger months on the 360 to balance it out like RDR on 360 but I wouldn't expect retail titles every month at the moment. ROTR won't be GWG this year.. that's far too early. I think we're more likely to get the remastered games before that, Sleeping dogs, Dishonoured, MCC, Saints Row, Lego games, Metro, Diablo, NFS Rivals etc.

I think DR3 will be available in June with a DR4 announcement at E3. E3 is only 2 days before the games switches over so they could release it early and after demoing DR4 come on stage like "and as of today, dead rising 3 is now free via games with gold" would be a pretty big boost for them and the game.

Either way IMO MS would be stupid to slow down the GWGs now, recent months they've had the leg up on PS and people are noticing it and that's always something that's stung for MS (from offering no games at all to offering worse gamesand only offering 1 new game vs playstation 2, etc). The GWG program has almost always been seen as (and it was) inferior to PS+ except for as of late so now that they've got a leg up on PS+ they'd be smart to keep that up and keep the pressure on Sony. If it was up to me I'd even increase the 360 games to 3 per month and maybe even rotate older GWG as an additional game for a month again so people who missed them can grab them bringing the GWG to 6 a month (5 new)

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you let your gold expire and then re-subscribe do you lose all your games? Specifically asking about dark souls for 360
No, the licenses are still tied to your account, there's just an extra restriction put on them.

Chris1

Nope just a bunch of other crap. I guess maybe I never bought the 360 games, but that seems weird becusse I always buy the old PS3 games for ps plus and I don't even have a PS3

Yeah sounds like you forgot to get it because if you have it digitally it should have appeared there.

Unreal month. And I was impressed as hell with Lords of the Fallen last month. Releasing a bomb like Sunset is fantastic. I actually just finished it a couple months ago and it's one of the better games I've played this gen.

TheYanger

Microsoft...has no dictation on what to do with the SSO IP...because they don't own it

No, but they do have refusal rights for publishing anything related, and I'm pretty sure if they went to Ted Price and said "Hey, we want to publish a pc release" or "hey make us a sequel" he'd jump at the chance.

hollomat

Banned
Loving Dead Space so far. Never played it when it came out cause I've never been big into horror games, but I'm liking this one. Once I finish it, I also have Dead Space 2 on PC to go to (from a bundle a while ago).

Vorg

Banned
Whoa. This absolutely destroys sony's selection for plus. I guess I'll have to buy an Xbox one sometime soon.

Wvrs

I know SO is the big pull here, but I'm stoked to play Dead Space again!

Same here, haven't played it since release and realised that was 8 years ago, think I stopped playing before the end last time so shall definitely finish it now.

Dead Space was one of he best new IP's last year. The second game was phenomenal didn't really care for the third although it was still decent at best. Hope everyone that hasn't experienced the original one enjoys it!

psychotron

Dead Space seems like the best performing BC title yet. No input lag, no black crush and solid frame rate. I'm fucking thrilled!! Of course, these are just my observations. Hoping DF tests soon.

JRW

Dead Space seems like the best performing BC title yet. No input lag, no black crush and solid frame rate. I'm fucking thrilled!! Of course, these are just my observations. Hoping DF tests soon.

I'm having the same experience, No performance issues (currently on chapter 4) and black crush is a non issue with this one, looks fantastic on the Plasma.

Miker

Will Sunset Overdrive be up for Gold members tomorrow, or will it wait until Monday because it's the weekend?

soldat7

So, I'm on a 14-day Gold trial, and nabbed all the retail games (Sunset Overdrive, etc.), but I cannot download Dead Space (wants me to pay). Any ideas as to why??

So, I'm on a 14-day Gold trial, and nabbed all the retail games (Sunset Overdrive, etc.), but I cannot download Dead Space (wants me to pay). Any ideas as to why??

i think you just missed the deadline, April 1-15th for Dead Space

April 16th -May 15th Sunset Overdrive and SR4 April 16th-3oth

Double

It's still free ATM but 360 games need a 1 month+ trial.
That would explain why I can't access the free version of Saints Row 4 (new One owner, just addes the 14 day gold trial for now, worked with the free One games), but a friend of mine, who has a long suscription, has the same problem: instead of getting to "buy" the game for free, he gets to where he has to enter payment options, which surely shouldn't be needed, should it? It isn't for the One games after all.

Any idea whats going on and how to get these games?

mclem

That would explain why I can't access the free version of Saints Row 4 (new One owner, just addes the 14 day gold trial for now, worked with the free One games), but a friend of mine, who has a long suscription, has the same problem: instead of getting to "buy" the game for free, he gets to where he has to enter payment options, which surely shouldn't be needed, should it? It isn't for the One games after all.

Any idea whats going on and how to get these games?

The trick I've used is to attach a Paypal account. Doesn't give them your CC details, but is enough authentication to allow you to 'buy' the free games.

Top Bottom