• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with Gold April: The Wolf Among Us, Sunset Overdrive, Saints Row IV, Dead Space

enemy2k

Microsoft bringing dat fire this month. I already own the GoTY edition of Sunset Overdrive. Such a great game and I am happy more people will get to play it.

I recently picked up the 360 disc version of The Wolf Among Us on the Xbox 360 (got it in a $5 preowned bin at Walmart) so this will be an upgrade to the Xbox One digital with a higher resolution so that is nice.

I don't have Saints Row or Dead Space so this was a nice month for me, even though I already have Sunset.

SO PUMPED. This month alone is better than 95% of all of PS+ since PS4 came out for me (excludes Rocket League, Injustice, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy).

I am actually excited for all 4. I have not play TWAU, a digital SO is nice, plus BC for Dead Space and SR4? Hell yes.

Hope the other Dead Space games are on the way but idk since they're multi-disc.

U2NUMB

Making SR4 BC seems like a giant waste of time and resources.

A giant waste of resources? It really does not take that much effort to get it back compatible ready.. certainly not a giant waste. And not everyone owns the x1 remastered versions.

And it is no doubt the 4th most exciting game being offered here.. it's fantastic value in that slot.

CodeNfX

I no longer have XB1. Sunset Overdrive was fun from what I played, never completed it. Great month for those who haven't got it yet.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Also Sony and Their fans adore indie games, so it makes sense we get so many

love-indies-ps4.jpg

I love me some indies because, you know, I love games.

Acheteedo

Oh man, was just wondering if I ought to renew my Xbox Gold membership. I really wanted but haven't got around to buying both Sunset and Wolf Amount Us, score!

Rokal

A free digital copy of Dead Space that I can play on XB1 is worth more than any previous GwG month. Excellent picks.

UraMallas

I said goddamn. Only one I own is Sunset Overdrive so this is a great month. Those are some heavy hitters.

Also Sony and Their fans adore indie games, so it makes sense we get so many

love-indies-ps4.jpg

Not really buying this. The person you quoted had it right. I mean, you wouldn't take 3 AAA games and a highly regard DL game over 4 indie games?

The reason you see the discrepancy in titles is because Sony doesn't have to add as much value to their service right now.

steveovig

For some reason, they let me re-sub for $1, despite doing this a couple months ago. So, I can finally try out Sunset and it only cost me a buck, and I get 7 other free games that I probably won't touch!

But a game like Watch Dogs still pops up in the UK charts from time to time, and must do alright when there's a sale on. You suddenly give that away to 25-30 million subscribers and its value at retail and on the PlayStation Store sinks immediately.

I agree DLC sales could be a positive reason for pubs to get involved, but you look at PlayStation Plus on the PS3 -- in its prime if you will -- and pubs could give away their games to the two or three million members that had it, and increase the word of mouth around that title so people would buy it in shops.

With everyone required to own PS Plus now, that incentive isn't the same. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well, but I know what I mean in my head.

Hopefully someone can make sense of it!

Doesn't that usually happen when a game gets bundled by the hardware maker? Watch Dogs was part of the AC Syndicate bundle iirc, nothing to stop them still bundling the game which puts it back in the charts although I'm not sure Watch Dogs really has much shelf life left as bundle fodder anyway

Snorlocs

Question, I just subbed for $1 for live. Does that apply for just this month and it goes back to $10 next month or is this $1 per month until I cancel? I'm praying for the latter but I highly doubt that that's how it's gonna play out.

hohoXD123

So you really think Sony gives people Indies because they believe that's what people want?

I have a hard time believing that considering how people are less and less happy with PS+s offerings.

https://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1192667
Firstly, looking at the youtube like/dislike ratio is a pretty shit way of judging the general opinion of the millions of PS+ account holders. Secondly, Sony's PS+ offerings from a value perspective have clearly dropped from when they were giving away AAA PS3/Vita games months after release (which would have costed more than indies), so understandably some people will compare the current offerings to that and be mad. Finally, do you really think Sony is making so much money on bargain bin launch games like Knack and Killzone that they don't want to give it away on PS+?

Bishop89

imo first time GwG has had a steller month.

Sunset overdrive and Dead space are fantastic. Saints row should have been the xbone version though. Still a good month.

hollomat

Banned
Sunset overdrive is my game of the generation so far. On top of this all 3 other games are excellent too. Unfortunately I own them all but this is by far the best games with gold month.

Question, I just subbed for $1 for live. Does that apply for just this month and it goes back to $10 next month or is this $1 per month until I cancel? I'm praying for the latter but I highly doubt that that's how it's gonna play out.

Hey, make sure you let that run out and then check the dashboard. I legit had Gold for a year (and some change) just doing that. For some reason, it just kept offering me another month for $1. I was sad when it finally stopped, but I know it's only fair. Keep an eye out for that deal again.

Picked up gold for 1 dollar . So now I get Sherlock Holmes , lords of the fallen , sunset overdrive and the wolf among us . That doesn't even included the backwards titles .

Amazing deal Microsoft.

That's an excellent month, sadly I only don't own Saints Row.
One of the biggest mistake of MS was letting PS+ be perceived as more valuable than gold, it seems they are strongly trying to mend that.

Yrael

I already have Sunset Overdrive on disc, but it's nice to have the digital copy as a bonus. A very good month.

Megatron

That's an excellent month, sadly I only don't own Saints Row.
One of the biggest mistake of MS was letting PS+ be perceived as more valuable than gold, it seems they are strongly trying to mend that.

Eh, I dont think either is that relevant. Even when online was free on ps3, microsoft was still winning.

im_dany

Making SR4 BC seems like a giant waste of time and resources.

I don't care if MS wastes time and resources, but I like if I'm given the choice to spend more money on an upgraded version or keep the one I already own for free.

I hope more publishers do this, they already sold many remastered/definite/ultimate editions of their last-gen games, now let me play the originals again because I'm not going to pay for something I already own.

schuey7

Considering both Sunset Overdrive and TWAU are two of my favourite games this generation this is a great month for those that haven't played either.Dead Space is great too. Now I'm waiting for Ryse to showup some day.

Chris1

I don't care if MS wastes time and resources, but I like if I'm given the choice to spend more money on an upgraded version or keep the one I already own for free.

I hope more publishers do this, they already sold many remastered/definite/ultimate editions of their last-gen games, now let me play the originals again because I'm not going to pay for something I already own.
Yeah I respect any publisher that does this.

Let people play the games they already own don't force them to spend even more for a remastered version, people already spent their money on your game.

My only issue with it if they make the remastered version GwG the same month or like a month later like they did with twd. Space them out a bit if you want to put both on gwg.

Top Bottom