• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with Gold April: The Wolf Among Us, Sunset Overdrive, Saints Row IV, Dead Space

I had so much fun with that demo of SSO. I hope that everyone downloads it (i'm definitely making my friends download it). Now MS just needs to put Ryse on GWG. What's surprising is that Ryse isn't there and SSO is (just basing it off of time). I'm glad though. MS has been doing good with exclusives this go 'round in my opinion compared to the end of last generation. E3 can't come soon enough.

MS and Crytek have a seemingly frosty relationship, its not a surprise Ryse hasn't been made GwG if it means them paying Crytek for it

SO is one of the best exclusives on the Xbox, so no, not even close.

It really is. The traversal is unlike anything I've ever played, absolutely sublime. Every bounce pad and rail is perfectly placed, you could combo from one end of the map to the other if you wanted to. If you buy the DLC it adds a couple of moves that makes even water traversal a blast to play.

Koh

Jealous and happy for those who have an Xbox + gold.

Sunset overdrive is the one game on the system I desperately want.

Salty Hippo

No, that is port begging.

To me port begging is asking for ports in an unrealistic scenario, and I think that is why it's a bannable offense. When a company announces that they're making an united ecosystem with games playable on any Windows device you have, it becomes a very different issue. People do it all the time these days and no one gets banned because these wishes are reasonable and grounded in logic.

But let's not derail this thread any longer.

Fbh

Man this is a cool month.

Come on Sony... time to respond!!!
waiting for our Unity game with performance issues of the month

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I can finally sell my copy of Sunset Overdrive.
But better yet, i hope Chaos Squad finally fills up again been fiending to play more chaos squad.

Havent heard much about Wolf among us, so its Walking Dead esc but in the Fables universe?
Will try it if only for achievement hunting.

komarkaze

I've been playing the Xbox One version of SR4 for the past month and I find it a glitchy mess. The clothes that I purchase from the stores do not properly save, nor do the facial customizations. Does anyone know if the 360 version have the same bugs? I might just abandon my playthrough of the One version for the 360 instead.

Already own SSO and Dead Space (haven't played the former yet), but Wolf Among Us and Saints Row 4 are two more additions that look solid to me. It's difficult to probably negotiate these AAA/AA title inclusions, but it's awesome when it pays off like this. Hopefully Sony can put in some notable titles in that space too, though there's nothing wrong with indies.

Oh fucking please. Considering Microsoft's current strategy I'd say that wishing the few remaining full exclusives on XB1 to also come to PC is hardly port "begging". Putting games on PC is officially part of Xbox's business now, whether you like it or not. It's natural that PC players want great games like Sunset to join Microsoft's PC lineup. But I'm not surprised that something so innate bothers you so much.

Ive offered no comment on MS putting their games on PC, because that has literally fuck all to do with this thread.

Also that final line is hilarious coming from you with the amount of ridiculous complaining you do over nothing.

SlickVic

I mostly bought an Xbox for Sunset Overdrive and do not regret it. Reminds me I still need to go back to play the dlc at some point.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Sunset Overdrive is a fantastic game and I actually finished it which I don't do with a lot of games. Glad more people will get to play it.

I don't have any of the others either so good for me!

Fawk Nin

Already finished dead space and sunset but will gladly check out the other two. Also dead space deserves another run through. Excellent month!

Matticers

Holy crap. I have all of the systems and I've been much more of a PS guy this generation. But Microsoft is showing them how this monthly free game thing is done here. One of the best months I've ever seen from either company.

Sydle

I have all of those, but it's a great month for anyone who hasn't played Sunset Overdrive. It's still my favorite game of the generation. Don't skip out on the DLC, the bosses are amazing.

meanwhile PS+ will be pushing pixel art indie no #45856 in april.

Microsoft have really turned shit around. Credit where it is due.

Yeah Im pretty pissed. PS+ charges for online, and IGC made it an easy pill to swallow. Now I'm just paying for online.

Games like Resogun, Fez, Rocket League are fantastic, but that's been a long time, and are nowhere near the expensive titles that PS+ used to give out.

Major props to MS.

Warxard

Banned
Oh fucking please. Considering Microsoft's current strategy I'd say that wishing the few remaining full exclusives on XB1 to also come to PC is hardly port "begging". Putting games on PC is officially part of Xbox's business now, whether you like it or not. It's natural that PC players want great games like Sunset to join Microsoft's PC lineup. But I'm not surprised that something so innate bothers you so much.

Microsoft...has no dictation on what to do with the SSO IP...because they don't own it

meanwhile PS+ will be pushing pixel art indie no #45856 in april.

Microsoft have really turned shit around. Credit where it is due.

I still don't get this mentality that all indie games use pixel art lmao

Salty Hippo

Ive offered no comment on MS putting their games on PC, because that has literally fuck all to do with this thread.

Also that final line is hilarious coming from you with the amount of ridiculous complaining you do over nothing.

That's very rich. I stayed on topic and talked about how good this month is and how I'm frustrated I can't enjoy this great offer and you decided to only read ONE word in my post: "PC". Look at your comment about my "ridiculous complaining" and then think about the ammount of derailing YOU are doing in this thread because a tiny fucking innate SIDE comment I made on my original post.

I've lost count of how many times you have complained about my complaints. You are obviously too blind to see the irony in sistematically complaining about the small complaints of others. Just because I've said in the past that I don't trust Phil Spencer it doesn't mean I want to break into your house and destroy your Xbox One. Drop this ridiculous little vendetta you've created against me and grow the fuck up.

Microsoft...has no dictation on what to do with the SSO IP...because they don't own it

I know that and never said they have a ditaction on the matter, but they did publish the game and SO1 can't be released on any other console. I believe it would be in Microsoft's and Insomniac's best interest if the game was given the chance to expand its audience on PC. I know you don't just flip a switch to port a game, but I think it would be very worth the cost because it's a great game and PC gamers tend to like those things.

Yeah Im pretty pissed. PS+ charges for online, and IGC made it an easy pill to swallow. Now I'm just paying for online.

Games like Resogun, Fez, Rocket League are fantastic, but that's been a long time, and are nowhere near the expensive titles that PS+ used to give out.

Major props to MS.

I dont think its changing anytime soon either. Sony kinda boxed themselves into a corner having to support 3 platforms on the same subscription.

6 games, availble for the entire month must be more expensive than 4 games, each only available for 2 weeks.

Vinc

I hope we see Fable Anniversary on GwG at some point. I missed it last gen cause it came after the Xbox One was out, but I'd love to check it out.

Toa TAK

Banned
HOT DAMN This is a good month!

I already own TWAU on 360, but I'd love to go for it again on the One.

Sunset Overdrive? Fuck yeah. Dead Space I already have digitally, but that's great for first timers for sure.

Now is my time to pick up Saint's Row it seems. This is sweet.

Hmmm with Sunset Overdrive going to golf it may follow suit that the season pass will go on sale, which I totally need.

Bought saints row 4 last month and now, leaving dead space and wolf among us, neither which I have played. Solid month ahead

That's very rich. I stayed on topic and talked about how good this month is and how I'm frustrated I can't enjoy this great offer and you decided to only read ONE word in my post: "PC". Look at your comment about my "ridiculous complaining" and then think about the ammount of derailing YOU are doing in this thread because a tiny fucking innate SIDE comment I made on my original post.

I've lost count of how many times you have complained about my complaints. You are obviously too blind to see the irony in sistematically complaining about the small complaints of others. Just because I've said in the past that I don't trust Phil Spencer it doesn't mean I want to break into your house and destroy your Xbox One. Drop this ridiculous little vendetta you've created against me and grow the fuck up.

Hahaha ok.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sunset Overdrive is the only XB1 game I've loved, a very fun game, glad more people will be playing it. MS doing a great job with their free games recently.

Warxard

Banned
exactly where did you read me saying that?

I got the implication from you numbering the count of pixel art indie games on PS+

The last one was Broforce sure but before that? What other pixel art indie game released for PS+ so far in 2016

Sounds like you're just making up random nonsense in a means to justify your frustration

Top Bottom